Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Awwwwwww! That's very sweet and romantic and waffy and... *happy sigh*

Happy birthday Erin party , it's good you had one, wouldn't have wanted to miss this story.

It was great as ever, Wendy. The conversation with Lucy, the memory's, the talk with Clark and then... SMOOCHIES!!!! wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, all I can say is... wow.

Okay, maybe that's not all I can say. Slight exaggeration. smile But, seriously, what a wonderful story. At first when I started reading it, I thought that it had been done before. But before I got more than a few paragraphs in, I realized how wrong I was. Lucy pointed out just the right things, and it was hilarious the way she did it. I liked how you built on real events but added "side events" that might have happened offscreen and made perfect sense. It was easy to picture Lois linking her arm in Clark's, or poking him, patting him on the back, or hugging him when she got a strike (what's less imaginable to me is that Lois would stoop to go bowling enough to be good enough to get a strike!).

It made perfect sense to me that Lois would then go and bring up Lucy's conversation to Clark... I think we all do that when we hear that somebody might like us, we want to feel them out and know for sure. And especially after Lois realized that she might have some feelings for Clark herself, it was so right that she'd bring it up, making it seem as if it was ridiculous and she didn't care, but at the same time wanting to use it to find out how he felt. And when he let her know... it was so perfect. They both led each other closer and closer, neither being forced to take a really big step until, in my opinion, they both pretty much knew what the other would say. That seemed more real to me than declarations without any idea of how the other felt. And Clark, taking that last jump, expressed himself beautifully. It's no wonder Lois was quick to give in herself. *happy sigh*

It made so much sense to me that Lois planned, all along, to use Lucy's questioning as a springboard. With Lois's intelligence, and yet inexperience (yes, inexperience, because despite her relationships, I don't think she's ever really had a serious, mature relationship) with men, I could really see her using Lucy's words to speak for herself, to see what Clark felt.

The ending was, of course, perfect, WAFFy, and all things good. And I liked their "favor" to be returned to Lucy... not sure how Lucy will see it, may depend on Jimmy's behavior at dinner. *grin* But either way, I think things will work out wonderfully for our beloved couple. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story, Wendy, and thank you to Erin for having a birthday! Happy birthday, Erin!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Lois's self denial of her closeness to clark is just perfect smile
Even if they had been... well, wow.
And I loved Lucy's contribution to the WAFFiness.

In awe as always of your talent,
HC wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww, Wendy, that was wonderful!!! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Merriwether
Merriwether
Awwwwww! <waffy sigh>

It'll be hard to write coherent comments when I'm melting, but I'll try. wink

Ok, first off, I really liked the premise. Lucy may not always make the best choices, but neither is she stupid. Nice to see that -- and sufficient confidence in her assessment to stand up to Lois' denials. smile

Now for specifics:
Even if they had been... well, wow.
:rolleyes: Well, that might have been a tip-off.

&#8220;But... but he deceived her! He lied! And he was responsible for plotting the deaths of hundreds of people! Heck, he would have killed Molly!! she'd pointed out to her partner.
Oops, typo I think? Either two quotation marks or none...

switching back to the present
I can't believe that this works, but it does, brilliantly! laugh

Does she think I wouldn't know if we were dating! Lois muttered indignantly to herself.
Su-ure, because Lois is always able to see those close to her completely objectively.

&#8220;Like he's dying of thirst and you're the clear, fresh water. Like when he's with you he's got everything in the world he wants. Like you're the most precious possession he has..."
WOW! <melting>

&#8220;Don't knock yourself out, Lois,&#8221; he responded dryly
goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wendy,

That was so sweet! I absolutely love how Lois reacted to Lucy's observation. The fact that he was more scared of telling her that he loved her than telling her that he was Superman was really sweet smile .

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ditto: Awwwwwww!
That was very simple, very sweet, very well done. blush

doublel

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love these stories where Lucy comes in and basically tells Lois to wise up about Clark. This was done very nicely. Lots of WAFFs smile1 after a large dose recently of lots of angst and WHAM fics.

I also really like the understated revelation, done with a bit of humor.

Great story! Maybe some more people can have birthdays soon. laugh

Happy birthday, Erin!

notworthy notworthy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful story. drool

MAF laugh
PS
party Happy Birthday,Erin! party

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderfully waffy and sweet, Wendy. Lucy did a great job of getting under Lois' skin just enough to needle her into questioning it. As others have mentioned, the bits that you had Lucy mention about the way that they acted together, even before they were a couple, were so very "them".

Until I got to the relevant paragraph, I hadn't realized that Lois telling Clark about her conversation with Lucy was a calculated reasoning on her part. Never even occurred to me. I did like the way that Clark responded to all of Lois' comments: he played it calmly and carefully, not moving forward too quickly but being a little more confident and assertive than we often see him portrayed during this era.

And naturally I loved this... smile
His hand slid along her jawline and tilted her face up towards his. “I love you too,” he murmured softly.

And then his lips touched hers.

And she understood then that all their previous kisses had been no more than a rehearsal for this moment: their first real kiss. His movements were initially tentative then, as she responded, more confident. Assertive.

Passionate.

Excitement. Passion. And her best friend - all rolled up in one. The perfect relationship.
And another very calm - and oh so subtle - revelation. You're so very good at that. smile I almost missed this one too. I obviously have to be on the watch for these in the future...and obviously I need to slow down and stop reading so quickly...

Time to climb out of the waffy puddle of goo...and say Happy Birthday, Erin! dance

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! What a wonderful story! smile1

I'm so glad that Lois decides to tell Clark about their conversation.
The revelation is just perfect! So WAFFy! goofy

Thanks for sharing this lovely, extremely well-written story.

Happy Birthday, Erin! party

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Wendy

Wow... a cute story

blush

Happy Birthday Erin dance

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
DocJill said:
/me melts into a pile of goo and then borrows Saskia's mop...
So that's what the mop was for! Call me slow, but I had wondered.

I'm obviously a hard woman, because I didn't melt. I did however laugh out loud on several occasions, and I did feel a very warm glow somewhere behind my ribcage. What an absolutely fantastic feel-good story!

One minor quibble: you mention a near deathbed reconciliation; I think that should simply be a near death reconciliation. (They weren't anywhere near a bed, as far as I can remember! wink )

Others have commented on how wonderful the Lucy / Lois conversation was, and all I can really say here is, me too.

Oddly, I wasn't so keen on the idea that Lois had planned / engineered the conversation; I think I would probably have just left it as Lois having blindly entered into it. Then again, that's just me.

I did love:
“Lois, I love you,” he told her solemnly. “That’s me, Clark. And me, Superman. We both love you. And that’s my biggest secret of all - the one I’ve been most scared of you finding out.”

“That you’re Superman?” she said slowly, still clearly in shock.

He shook his head. “That wasn’t half as scary as the thought of you finding out that I love you. At least, while I thought there was no chance that you’d ever feel the same way about me.”
But then, why in the series did he have so much trouble with the revelation after he'd realised that Lois did, in fact, love him!? I much prefer this version of events. smile

All in all, delightful, Wendy.

And thank you Erin, for having had the birthday that inspired this! Happy birthday. smile

Chris

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy
Awwww, wonderfully sweet and WAFFY story!
I liked Lucy's role and how you described Lois reaction to her sister's observations.
You portrayed Lois sooo accurately! It was like seeing it on TV. I could really see here before me, acting and reacting!
Nice relevations scene, too!
All in all:
notworthy

Erin
Happy, happy, happy Birthday! party

~Sira

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
GREAT! I love it! thumbsup thumbsup

Good work.
(As usual wink )

Clark remained where he was, waiting for Lois to realise just what she’d said.
dance dance dance

party

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what they said! smile

No one's mentioned my favorite bit yet, tho.
“Well, you know how you always wanted to fly with Superman?” he prompted.

“I have flown with him!”

“Yeah, I know. And very nice it was too.” He smiled reminiscently.
I *love* that reminiscent smile... very sweet, and also kinda hilarious goofy

Happy Birthday, Erin! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can only echo what has been said, Wendy smile

I love it .. it was wnoderfully WAFFy. For a Kid Sister, Lucy's awfully smart! <G>

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Happy Birthday, Erin!!!!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
And I'm echoing everyone else's comments as well. smile Lovely and very sweet story, Wendy. I particularly enjoyed the quiet, peaceful atmosphere surrounding the scenes you wrote, which showed the depth of Lois and Clark's friendship for each other even before they got any further. smile

And happy birthday, Erin! party

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy -- superb as always!!! thumbsup

You are so very talented. hyper

S (who now has a big smile and waff with her to head into her day with!! laugh )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww! Wendy!!

Loved how Lucy simply stated the obvious to Lois and her thought processes that followed.

Hooray for Clark and how he didn't miss the opportunity to correct his undeclaration of love in front of the Daily Planet.

Just lovely! clap

Missy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard