Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hiya!

Well I re-read the parts that where already done in 2002 (?) and I am eagerly awaiting more. I was very disapointed to find the story incomplete. I am sooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to more.

THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
party

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Geesh... took me long enough to get back to this, eh? frown

I have an excuse, though! The muse went on a writing spree. smile1

Anyhoo...

He smiled to himself. Clark was glad that he'd ignored the impulse to lead with "Mating Habits of the Knob Tailed Gecko."
That, right there, makes this a fantastic story no matter what!! What was Clark thinking in the series anyway? :rolleyes:

Looking through the wall was simple, though what he saw on the other side made him gasp slightly in surprise.
Great sentence!

The older woman was stunning, and he was surprised to feel himself responding to her on a visceral level.
Awwww

Until this moment Clark had thought that he couldn't be affected by a woman; he was different enough from other men that it wouldn't have surprised him that he was different in this as well.
I love this. Not an often used theory, but it's a good one. So endearing.

"I still think it's a little tacky. A personals ad? How's that going to help me find the one person who will make my life complete?"
Heee!! Can I tell her? Can I? <g>

Lois protested. "What a person does for a living tells a lot about them. How are you ever going to evaluate a person if you don't know where they spend a third of their day…or more."

"Think of it as a challenge."
Whee!! Is it just because I know what fun is ahead? <g>

He’d come to believe that he was incapable of love; leading a woman to hope that more was possible was deeply wrong.
Awww. My poor Clark.

He'd wondered if it would have been easier had his parents survived.
AWWW!!! Ouch... I'd forgotten that this was an alternate Clark. frown

As his third foster father had told him, you have to be practical.
I love that sentence... seemingly innocuous, but it tells us that Clark didn't even have an easy time in foster care growing up. frown

Luckily, he'd managed to accumulate enough of a nest egg to stay at the Lexor hotel; if he hadn't found a job so quickly, he might have been forced to stay at the Apollo, which was a dump. The Lexor was nice enough to impress without creating a false impression of wealth.
Hee! Nice touch.

It had been years since he'd felt anything strongly; his parents' deaths and subsequent events had beaten much of the color out of his life.

It was worth any risk to feel alive again.
Awwwww!!! smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 There, all better. wink </i>

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard