Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/13/05 10:21 PM
Well, I'm writing again. I've finished part twelve, and I now see that parts 1-7 were never on this archive. I'm reposting, and we'll see about getting the new bits out as soon as possible. Let me know what you think.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/13/05 10:25 PM
ooh! reposting, with new parts to come! smile1 I'm very pleased to hear that, Shayne... I'm just skimming through right now so I'll have to read it tomorrow, but I remember liking it quite a lot <g>

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/13/05 10:32 PM
OH, I'm so excited to see this! I think I heard someone mention something about this story once...Anyway, I totally dig it, and I can't wait to see what happens. Wayyy more interesting than night class assignments. <g>

smile1

JD
Posted By: IreneD Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/13/05 10:36 PM
I was just thinking about this story today and wondering if this would ever be finished! And we've missed you, Shayne!

I romped through some of your shorter stories today, Shayne, after watching the fanfic trailer for 'Dear Lois' and it just made me miss your stories all the more. What a treat to sign on tonight and find you back posting! party

Irene laugh
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/13/05 10:36 PM
smile1 goofy

Just had to celebrate first, sorry. goofy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/13/05 10:52 PM
Wow, THIS looks promising! Looking forward to more. thumbsup clap

TEEEEEEJ
Way to go, Shayne! Looking forward to see how this is resolved; I was rereading it just last week.

BrightFeather
Posted By: Nan Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 12:30 AM
Yes, yes, yes! I really wanted to see this finished. Welcome back, Shayne!

Nan
Posted By: Onaleia Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 12:45 AM
Hurray! I had read the parts you had originally posted and it was *really* good! Terrific cliffhanger you left us on; I've been eager to see the rest of the story.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 06:24 AM
smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 09:25 AM
I'm looking forward to their date. love

Post soon, please! grovel

~Andreia
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 09:51 AM
Well, I re-read it, and yep, I love it smile

This part cracked me up:

Single white Kryptonian male, 29 seeks native counterpart for companionship or more. If you're an intelligent, ambitious professional female, I'll sweep you off your feet and take you for long moonlit flights above the clouds. Agoraphobics need not apply. Non-smoker preferred
Was that new? It's a perfect lead-in <g>

PJ
Posted By: Poussin Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 10:14 AM
I didn't know that story the first time you post, so I discovered this fanfic with this repost, and I REALLY LIKED IT.

I want to read more. The first date sound very promising, and I will read the next chapters.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 10:43 AM
Yea, Shayne! I loved this story. I'm glad you are reposting it. I'll be reading it again and waiting for the wrap up!
cool smile1
Artemis
Posted By: phewouf Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 01:47 PM
I'm so happy you're back... I'm gonna be able to know what is going to happen then... Thank you smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 02:27 PM
I've heard so much about this for so long, I guess I'm just going to have to read it....not that reading anything by ShaneyT is any chore...

James

Are all the parts going to be reposted or only the first seven and we have to go and find them again?
Posted By: Artemis Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 03:42 PM
Hey Shayne. Since it's been so long, why don't you repost on both boards? Then the new chapters can go on both boards too! smile1 smile1
cool
Artemis
Hi,

thumbsup

MAF hyper
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 05:00 PM
I love this story so far.

I'm disappointed that this Clark has made some moral decisions that I don't support, but, they are understandable, given the lack of consistant role-models that Martha and Jonathan would have provided.

It's nice to know up front so I can know what to expect.

That said, I will continue to read this story.

I can't wait till Lois finds out that Clark works for the Daily Planet...or maybe he doesn't! You never directly said that he got the job at the Planet, so it will be even more interesting when Lois finds out Clark works for the compitition!

James
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/14/05 11:41 PM
Hey Shayne! Where ya been? Glad to see your work on the boards agian. I like this story very much so far. More soon. Laura
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/16/05 12:40 AM
Hiya!

Well I re-read the parts that where already done in 2002 (?) and I am eagerly awaiting more. I was very disapointed to find the story incomplete. I am sooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to more.

THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
party
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 1 - 07/19/05 03:05 AM
Geesh... took me long enough to get back to this, eh? frown

I have an excuse, though! The muse went on a writing spree. smile1

Anyhoo...

He smiled to himself. Clark was glad that he'd ignored the impulse to lead with "Mating Habits of the Knob Tailed Gecko."
That, right there, makes this a fantastic story no matter what!! What was Clark thinking in the series anyway? :rolleyes:

Looking through the wall was simple, though what he saw on the other side made him gasp slightly in surprise.
Great sentence!

The older woman was stunning, and he was surprised to feel himself responding to her on a visceral level.
Awwww

Until this moment Clark had thought that he couldn't be affected by a woman; he was different enough from other men that it wouldn't have surprised him that he was different in this as well.
I love this. Not an often used theory, but it's a good one. So endearing.

"I still think it's a little tacky. A personals ad? How's that going to help me find the one person who will make my life complete?"
Heee!! Can I tell her? Can I? <g>

Lois protested. "What a person does for a living tells a lot about them. How are you ever going to evaluate a person if you don't know where they spend a third of their day…or more."

"Think of it as a challenge."
Whee!! Is it just because I know what fun is ahead? <g>

He’d come to believe that he was incapable of love; leading a woman to hope that more was possible was deeply wrong.
Awww. My poor Clark.

He'd wondered if it would have been easier had his parents survived.
AWWW!!! Ouch... I'd forgotten that this was an alternate Clark. frown

As his third foster father had told him, you have to be practical.
I love that sentence... seemingly innocuous, but it tells us that Clark didn't even have an easy time in foster care growing up. frown

Luckily, he'd managed to accumulate enough of a nest egg to stay at the Lexor hotel; if he hadn't found a job so quickly, he might have been forced to stay at the Apollo, which was a dump. The Lexor was nice enough to impress without creating a false impression of wealth.
Hee! Nice touch.

It had been years since he'd felt anything strongly; his parents' deaths and subsequent events had beaten much of the color out of his life.

It was worth any risk to feel alive again.
Awwwww!!! smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 There, all better. wink </i>
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards