Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awwww, I loved how you turned it all around for them. Clark's powers are back and they are healing, together. Very nice ending to a heart wrenching story. Good job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. thumbsup Love Lois ideas for the future and the healing they both doing together.

MAF notworthy

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations, Sara! clap

I love how you ended this. Not perfectly, not with a pristine bow on absolutely every loose end - a story like this has to have some untidiness, some unresolved issues, because it's simply not realistic that either Lois or Clark could recover easily from what happened. This was just right.

I felt my heart melting when Clark said he wanted to be a hero to Lois. mecry

And I loved the final lines:

"I love you, Clark," she whispered, looking straight into his face.

"I know you do," he said, a lump the size of a boulder forming in his throat as he looked at her - his love, his life, his future.

He heaved her up off the ground, and together they walked back to the farmhouse, to the place of fire and shadows where her son cried.

Behind them, the moon shone on and on, illuminating the branches of the big oak tree, intertwined forever and startling in their beauty.
Just beautiful!

This story is now going on my Kerth list...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Fantastic ending to a fantastic story thumbsup .

~Julia wave

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I think I may have sounded critical in my comments on the previous part of this story. If so, it was completely unintentional. You hit every question on my "what now" list and a couple more besides. I agree that this story should not have a neat and tidy ending, that much more healing must occur for both Clark and Lois, but the knowledge each one has that the other will be there with a shoulder to cry on is a comfort.

I also liked a LOT how Jonathan and Martha nudged them together. That's the kind of wisdom all parents of teenage or adult children aspire to and rarely think of in time. It was an excellent resolution to an excellent story. I hope you have more in the hopper.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

The ending is just right for this heart-wrenching story. smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent ending, just the right amount of suffering and forgiveness all mixed up with some understanding and L-O-V-E.

*sigh* I love happy endings. GREAT job! thumbsup clap dance

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Exceptional smile I really liked this story!

Have I mentioned I love your writing style ;p

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey guys smile

First of all, I want to apologise for taking so long to reply to these comments... I've just left for a three-week hiatus to Dublin City University, I'll have limited Internet time while I'm here, and *of course* I completely forgot to do it before I left :p

I really appreciated all of these comments goofy so needless to say, I was pretty grateful when it didn't wink

I've had the time of my life writing this story, and most of that was gleaned from the fantastic feedback I got - thank you all so much for your comments thumbsup notworthy I really appreciate everything you've said, all the constructive critiscm, etc etc etc... you've made it a better story smile

Sara.

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Beautiful! I really enjoyed this story and you did a great job with the ending.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard