Print Thread
#22639 06/21/05 06:11 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Hey, April smile

That's a nice and promising plotline! You should definitely continue.

I have a suggestion: Since the story moves quite fast with this pace you've adopted, you could finish it this way, post it and then start working on a longer version of it, where you could use the short version as a plan for it.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know that there are several authors on this board that would read such a fic. I also might be able to twist my arm into doing it as well.

ow, ow, stop that!

Ok, I would read it too.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
ACK! Continue...cmon now. Or add something. I like what you have so far. Unless this is the end. Then I might have to crawl through the computer and bite you.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting. confused

I hate Luthor! mad

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice start, April! goofy First, this was a very short instalment. Sure, it works; it gets attention and it's a good place to stop. But most story instalments here are a lot longer than that.

With this instalment, I'd be tempted to flesh it out a bit more. As Anna said, it's got a fast pace. You could slow it down - give us more details. For instance, tell us more about Lois and Clark's joy in their new child. Show us some scenes with the three of them. Bring in the extended family. Get us involved in Lois and Clark and Jonathan and Martha and Sam and Ellen and Perry and Jimmy and Lucy, all delighted with the new Kent arrival. And then give us the WHAM.

Telling the story more slowly will make it more interesting, too. smile

Second - and you may already have this planned - how come Luthor is alive? In the series, he was dead by the time Lois and Clark were married. Are you going to explain this? And are you going to tell us why he wants the baby? Does he know that Clark is Superman?

And a very minor point - I noticed a few grammatical errors here and there. I'm sure you proof-read before posting, but you might also consider getting a beta-reader who can help you with spelling and grammar, and maybe also with your pacing.

Good luck! And welcome to the boards. thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Welcome April! You've definately got my attention. I'm very curious to see what you make of this.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooooh, chilling start, April.

I agree with others - I'd like to see a lot more detail. Like Wendy, fanfic about babies isn't to my taste - but this looks less about the baby as it does a good aplotted, Evil Luthor attempts to make Clark and Lois's lives miserable story. <g> Could be wrong and you have something else planned, but that angle did intrigue me.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

I would like to read more thumbsup

Karla

Merriwether
Merriwether
I only read the first few lines - I'm already afraid. I'm going to have to work myself up to this one smile

I'm such a baby.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
Lex should be stay dead. This is not a story I probably would not read. At best I would skim it.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1

Tricia cool

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
April - very intriguing!

I would read it [assuming I can stay out of lurkdom :-/].

Please continue smile !
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard