Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ok, I think I am desperate now and it is just because I am just to curious...

I recently downloaded a verson of POPCORN. It was a EPO vs PROJEKT HOUSE thing. That is the only only clue that I have that it might not be an English phrase...er, what english phrase you ask?

At 55 seconds in and sprinkled throughout the song is the same single two second phrase that I thought was English. It is the only words used throughout, so there shouldn't be any confusion on what phrase I am talking about.

So far I have asked three people and I have gotten three totally different answers.

I won't reveal the responses at this time because I don't want to influence you in what you think the phrase is.

I will say that at least one person thought the first word was a swear word, in English, but I just don't hear what they are hearing. I can stretch my imagination enough to possibly hear what they think they heard, but the rest of what they thought it was was so totally off from what I think I hear that I am willing to discount what they say.

All that said, here is the link to the song.

WARNING, IT IS AN AUTO LINK THAT WILL CAUSE THE SONG TO START DOWNLOADING 10 SECONDS AFTER YOU CLICK IT!!!

EPO VS PROJEKT HOUSE 8.66mb mp3 file.

if you don't want the auto load, go here and do a edit> find on this page epo vs projekt house. It will take you to the link above.

Thank you to anyone that tries to figure it out.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Do I need a

SPOILER

SPACE?

Definitely 'Got the feeling. I got the feeling.'

I have however been known to suck at lyrics. I was once convinced WHAM!(eek! I'm dating myself here!) was singing 'little MTV', when it was in fact 'it'll end in tears', so what do I know. goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Kerth
Kerth
This is what it sounds like to me.

50 sec: You've got the feeling of the feeling of the feeling.
1.04: You've got the feeling
1:19: Got the feeling
1:28: You've got the feeling we've got the healing [something else?]
1.45: [something that sounds non-english]
1.59: [above repeated]
3.07: [something that sounds non-english]
3.24: [above repeated]
3.31 [above repeated]
4.34: You've got the feeling
4.42: You've got the feeling [something else?]
4.49: You've got the feeling
4.55: You've got the feeling
5.00: [something else? very indistinct]
5.09: You've got the feeling
5.16: You've got the feeling
5.20: [something else? very indistinct]
5.24: You've got the feeling
5.33: You've got the feeling got the feeling
5.47: You've got the feeling

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
I second what gr8 said. Though at one point I thought they said, "got that healing" instead of 'feeling'...

EDIT: And 2nd what Marcus said.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
I listened to a different version (radio cut) on www.popcorn-song.com where the indistinct bits Marcus is talking about definitely sound like 'come over here'.

So why does this song have a whole website devoted to it and I've never heard of it? huh (I will admit, not my kind of music!)

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
razz wrong blasted link!!!!! razz

This is the correct one. (third EPO VS )
correct song

Thank you all for trying with the wrong link, now, maybe with the right link you will better understand my problems.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, I thought that other one was a bit easy.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the first word is... POPCORN. Don't know the rest. Maybe 'and rice'? Or maybe not. goofy

After further consideration, my guess is 'Popcorn Airline'.

Kerth
Kerth
Popcorn evidence?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, it sounds like "popcorn and rhyme" to me... which makes no sense at all. wink

...and I know you're not asking, but right after the 3rd time they say "popcorn .....whatever......" I recognize some of the original song they've used in the mix, but I'm not sure I can place it. I'm going to guess it's something by Jean-Michel Jarre. (/is a dork)

ETA: yup... Jean-Michel Jarre. Oxygène, part 4. hee! love it when I'm right on target with my guesses.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I happen to like his music.

In fact this might surprise you, but I really like Techno, Trance, Punk and anything else with a strong beat to it. As long as there is no swearing or using The Lord's name. Actually, I prefer little to no verbage at all. I use it as white noise at work. Cubicle living, you know.

James

As for that I thought it was...

First I thought it was 'Don't Call the Vampires' (yes, I read waaay tooo much Buffy..)

My daughter, sweet precious 8 year old that she is, thought it was 'Don't pray to the Lord' and was scandelized by that.

A work friend of mine was a captive audience on the way to a baseball game and thought it was 'F--- you all day' and I just looked at him like he was from another planet.

After hearing your suggestions, I definitely think that first part is 'popcorn', but I still hear something that ends in 'ire', like 'Empire' or something like that.

James

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree with you, James, it really sounds like "Popcorn Empire"...

although at first to me it sounded like "Popcorn and fire" or something along that line wink
Then again, I'm not even close to fluent in English, so Empire is not something coming to my mind that quickly wink

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
That reminds me of a 25-yr-old memory of listening to Michael Jackson singing Say, Say, Say and trying to figure out who Baby Tudious was. (The lyric was Baby, through the years...)

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
Well you all did better than I did because I couldn't make out any clear words at all.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard