Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The title says it all. I have to go for a walk and clear my head. I'll be back...

whinging He's not thinking clearly, but is blinded by all the hurt, love and anger he's been carrying with him for the past year and a half, so I can see that learning that Lois was responsible for what happened to Superman would send him off on the lunkheaded path.

This part is terrific, just like all that have preceded it. Loved how she kissed his forehead, and how Clark reacted (at least initially...). And loved the light moment with the coffee, when they both slid back into the ease of their friendship for a nanosecond or so.

At least they're starting to talk now, even though each one takes turns at throwing out a comment to raise the barriers of the other one a little bit more.

I have a question about the glasses. Lois removed them just before kissing him. Has he put them back on? I don't see that. If not, hasn't he realized that he's not wearing them? And wouldn't he be at least slightly panicked about that?

Of course, with this section's cliffhanger, he seems to have divulged his secret, but I'm kind of assuming that he's doing it on the spur-of-the-moment in anger, as opposed to planned.

As the angst just moves along in waves, carrying us all helplessly in its wake, I eagerly look forward to more next week... notworthy

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, still not liking Clark much these days. frown

I have to say that in your comments you mention how everyone feels bad for Lois. Well I agree that Clark was almost killed (although if he'd just LISTEN he may find out how/why etc.) and he doesn't have powers anymore.

BUT! and this is a big but..she was battered for pete's sake by the second (or is that third razz ) richest man in the world! She was most likely raped and certainly emotionally abused by Lex so I think that that qualifies for more sympathy from us!!

My heart is aching for them both I admit, but man I really feel for Lois.

Great part btw, heartbreaking but great..lol.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
AHH! I don't even know what to say. This is crazy and just keeps getting better and better.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OH MY GOSH DARN... i just caught up with this story and read pretty much the whole thing all at once just now. My jaw in on the floor at this point, I'm just sitting here all heartbroken sad for both (more for Lois... i'm wondering the extent of what's gone on with her and Lex)... their reunion was absolutely heartbreaking and complex and neither really cleared the air which makes me BEG that you continue soon!!!!

I am really really loving this!! Don't torture us (or them, for that matter) much longer!!

smile Nicole

Columnist
Columnist
Hi

Why are you doing this to us?????????????

Poor lois, and What the he*k is wrong with Clark? I know he is in pain but he is tortutating Lois, poor Lois whinging

Karla

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ouch! mecry Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG this is just so good it's bad LOL! I am just whinging whinging whinging for both Lois and Clark ... these two have been through so much, too much maybe. I hope they can find their way back, to themselves and more importantly to each other!!!! mecry So I'm guessing that Lex forced Lois to choose between killing Clark or Superman, or did I interpret that wrong? WOW. And now it seems as though the secret might have just been let out, OMG this is great stuff!!! Pure torture, oh and more NOW please!!! notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
"So tell me, Lois," he ground out, his teeth flashing at her. "Tell me - what's the third-richest wife in the world doing sitting in a dark room sipping coffee in Kansas with a man she tried to kill sixteen months ago?"
Wait, wait, wait. Did Clark just tell Lois he's Superman? Because he doesn't know there was an attempt on Clark's life -- just Superman's. And she doesn't know he's Superman, even though she took off the glasses. So did he do it on purpose? Was it a slip-up because he's so tired? Will Lois notice? Will she react as Lois normally does?

And most importantly... how can you leave us hanging like this?

(Fabulous story, btw! laugh )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait, wait, wait. Did Clark just tell Lois he's Superman?
Oh my god. I completely didn't catch that at 2:30 in the morning. Oh my god. That's all I've got for now. I can't believe he said that. Well, I can considering he's not all together these days, but...

And you ended it there?!?!
thud thud thud

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
You know... in honor of the *big* cliff hanger... or at least *one* of them wink , I thought I'd share some of my comments from when I read this. Thought you might get a kick out of them, or at the very least... know that I felt your pain, dear readers... doesn't this just convince you that Sorcha is truly the eviller one? wink

"...Luthor is in Metropolis. And you're pregnant. And supposedly dead. At the very least, I want an explanation of all this before you go back."
Yeah!!! Give him an explanation, Lois! (You know, including a certain *coughwhattheheckdidyoudotosupermancough* fact). And then he’ll gather you in his arms and love all the pain and hurt away!!! He won’t hate you or be disgusted by you, Lois, I PROMISE!!!!

If it was possible to be angry, concerned, determined, afraid and sincere all at once, he'd achieved it.
WOW!! Incredible sentence! (That was my original comment... I still love it!!!)

She was a fool. An idiot. A blithering little idiot with a tissue crumbled damply in her hand, a spineless fool who dissolved into tears when a man smiled at her.
Hee hee… oops, sorry, we’re being sad here. (/me waits till Lois isn’t looking and does a little dance!!! Woohoo, step one towards everything being better. wink )

She set her chin firmly. It wasn't like this was new to her, she'd driven him away before. This should be a cinch. Child's play.
Ack!!! No!! Bad Lois!!! BAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!

"Low-fat, de-caf, right?"
Awww!! He remembers!! Of course he remembers! But I hope Lois realizes what even this little thing means!

The corner of his mouth was quirking up, and she had a moment of fierce joy. Was he... *teasing* her?
OMG!!! *huge heavy sigh of almost relief* and I wanna cry, I’m not sure if it’s from being happy or sad though. frown

"So what's the third-richest wife in the world doing sitting in a dark room sipping coffee in Kansas with a man she tried to kill sixteen months ago?"
(pausing to change the font size because I’m going to yell and you’re in big trouble, missy!)

AAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SARA!!!!!!!!! You did NOT just do that!!!! You did not just drop that totally accusing harsh and well deserved question slash revelation BOMB and leave! You didn’t!!!!! Tell me there’s more! NOW! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! dizzy

Okay, I'm done now... I think I've proved my point... Sorcha is the eviller one. devil

Sara angel-devil

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yeah. He's just told her who he is. Nice one! I love angry revelations. goofy

And of course Clark is still angry with Lois - he hasn't a clue what her life's been like with Luthor. Now, if he were less stressed/angry/depressed, he might wonder what she's doing hiding out at his parents' place, why she's not with her husband, why everyone thinks she's dead - but all he sees is this woman who betrayed him in every possible way. She rejected him in favour of Luthor. She married a man he knew to be evil. She almost killed Superman. She left him heartbroken, powerless and crushed. So he's angry, and he's not thinking straight. Poor Clark! mecry

As for why Lois wouldn't recognise him as Superman when she took off the glasses and brushed back his hair, that reminder of his moustache was very timely, Sara - without that I would have wondered. Nice!

Okay, I'm (almost) ready for more - got to catch up on CC's story first!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Sara -

Are you posting today? (Monday)?

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think the mood for this fdk folder was set with the awesome topic it has... I saw it, and laughed for about ten minutes <g> So first off, thanks a million for that, Kathy!! goofy

My heart goes out to all of you. Really, it does. I feel so darned mean [and just as a side note - Sara, if I were as thumbsup to Kathy!!

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard