Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I used to use MusicMatch jukebox. I really liked it. Then I got a new computer and found out they don't make it anymore. Or rather that it got bought by Yahoo. So I need to pick a new music player - I don't like Windows Media Player.

I want to be able to create auto-playlists (like MM's auto DJ). Want to be able to rate the songs and make automatically generated playlists based on genre, rating, artist, etc. Don't want to have to save the playlists to keep then if I decide to turn off the player. Don't want it looking up album info on the internet. Don't want album art displayed. Do like being able to just add them to my list and burn to CD.

Don't really care about skins or anything like that. Like being able to see my playlist and my entire library without switching between tabs. Want functionality to automatically remove dead links (when files are deleted or if my external drive has a different drive letter than when I added the songs).

And, of course, I want it to be free.

Any suggestions?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have you tried WinAmp ? I think you need to pay for the full version if you want to rip and burn, but the free version is a good player and fairly customizable.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I have tried it, though that was probably at least 4 or 5 years ago (or else it just seems that long because it's in computer time). It wasn't my favorite at the time. I'll check it out again as they've probably been through 10 more versions since then. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Okay, I've just gotten it. How do I create an automatically generated list of songs to play based on my criteria? For example, two hours of randomly picked Christmas songs rated 3 stars or better?

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard