Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#209659 01/19/07 05:28 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Only 13 days left until moving day!

I bought a few 25-gallon Rubbermaid tubs to pack my books in on Wednesday. Now, I just have to figure out what to do with my electronic keyboard (it's standing right in front of my bookshelves) while I pack the books.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209660 01/19/07 05:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thumbsup

Makes me wish I had a list of all the episodes of L&C where my favorite supporting character (ie: shirtless Clark) makes an appearance...

I hope you guys all have a wonderful week-end! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#209661 01/19/07 06:12 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Finally it's Friday!!!

Nothing big planned here...spend some time with the stepmom while Dad's out of town. Get a few craft projects I've promised others I'd do done. Watching more of my ST: Voyager. (My daughter has decided we somehow must get on this starship and meet everyone; but we must not tell them that we've been watching a tv show about them because then they would think we are crazy! smile Gladly turning my daughter into a dork just like me! She's already hooked on LnC, and I've almost got her hooked completely on ST:V!)

But my most important activity of the weekend: Watching the BEARS beat the Saints on Sunday! DA BEARS! smile1 hyper

What an exciting life I lead!
Jo

#209662 01/19/07 06:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weekend!!!! I've to learn, again. What's the news in that? But weekend means that I get all the stuff done that I have to do and can do the stuff that I want to do!

And I'm working on improving my seductive skills wink . I'm going to learn how to massage properly. I hope that will be fun. The introduction in the human anatomy definitely will be fun ( at least if you already know it by heart)

Ohh, yeah and I will make some people happy this weekend. That will be the best of all!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#209663 01/19/07 07:41 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm going to learn how to massage properly. I hope that will be fun. The introduction in the human anatomy definitely will be fun
Even better if they gave you a Clark Kent look-a-like to practice on. wink

Gosh, is it Friday again already? I have no clue where the week went. Haven't got any terribly interesting planned for the weekend. Will probably just snuggle up on the sofa and read some more of the vast pile of books I collected over Christmas and January.

Bliss.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#209664 01/19/07 07:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Even better if they gave you a Clark Kent look-a-like to practice on.
Oh yeahhh!!!! *sigh* A single, male Clark look alike who happens to be less than 30 years old.

But why would I need anatomy with a body like that? Some kind of waste! That only means that I have to know there names and not where they're to find.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#209665 01/19/07 09:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Even better if they gave you a Clark Kent look-a-like to practice on. wink
Oh, man, if they were to let students practice on Clark Kent look-a-likes, I would sign up for classes in a heartbeat!!!

#209666 01/19/07 10:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Friday chats, how I love thee.

I've got a quiet weekend planned. Projects are finally due soon, and I have many a recreational book that are lonely on my bookshelf. Elsewhere, my landlord who is my roommate's father is coming to visit...which is a convenient time to tell him that I found a new apartment today. So I will start packing this weekend! shock I have to admit, I might actually miss this place. We were so the party house. <g> But I am pulling out that darn adult card on the advice of my mother and am moving into a drug-free environment where I can keep better track of my brain disease.

I'll probably squeeze in some Superman time, too. I just love those new mp3 episodes that are being put up online!

JD

PS, Darcy, you sound so much more organized for moving than me! laugh I'm just throwing all of my belongings into trash bags...and I'll probably do it like 2 nights before I move.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#209667 01/19/07 12:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I"m at work still... waiting for it to end as always. Although, I have been told free starbucks is on its way and that is always a good thing.

Nothing exciting planned for this weekend. I think I will probably spend it managing my website and staff and trying to get things taken care of over there. For those of you who don't know I run a manga scanslation group online. Yes... yes I am a geek.

I also have great plans to play World of Warcraft and find cute clothes for my little character. Cause as a girl... this is the only reason that I actually play the game.

Lara: oohhh you are gonna finish it?? Awesome! I can't remember if I have left any FDK but I have been really enjoying it. ^_^

Jackie: I don't know if you are gonna post here but I keep missing you on IRC. Congrats on your great news!! ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#209668 01/19/07 02:55 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Thanks, Jo. smile

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#209669 01/19/07 03:43 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Jackie, inquiring minds want to know, what's your news? (Or feel free to tell me to keep my nose out!)

This weekend: Sleep. Home Improvement. Sleep. Study for the GMAT (yuck).

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#209670 01/19/07 09:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lisa: "Home Improvement"

The TV show or actual work?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#209671 01/20/07 05:32 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Actual work. In theory, anyway. We'll see how it goes. laugh

#209672 01/20/07 07:48 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Jackie, inquiring minds want to know, what's your news?
I'm expecting my 2nd child in September. smile

#209673 01/20/07 08:12 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yea! Wonderful news indeed. Congratulations!

#209674 01/20/07 08:34 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
That's great--congrats!

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#209675 01/20/07 08:49 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Thanks. smile

#209676 01/20/07 10:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh! Congrats Jackie! smile

#209677 01/21/07 08:19 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Thanks, Lara. smile

#209678 01/22/07 05:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Darcy, you sound so much more organized for moving than me! I'm just throwing all of my belongings into trash bags...and I'll probably do it like 2 nights before I move.
Actually, I don't have all that much to pack--just books, toiletries, linens and shoes mostly. Plus my knick-knacks. The rest is in drawers that can be taken out of their respective rails and transported that way. I've already packed 8 bins worth of stuff--mostly books. One of the bins has all of my daybed-related linens in it, and will be staying at my parents' house with the daybed--there's nowhere to put it in the townhouse I'll be moving into.

Now, after I pack the knick-knacks and a few of the things that are in my closet and the left-hand side of my "closet," I'll have to wait until the night before I move to pack the rest of it. Like the stuff on my desk at home, my alarm clocks, my shoes, the laundry (after I've washed it that night, of course) and the linens that are currently on my bed.

Anyway, back to what happened this weekend:

Saturday, I went to get gas for the Bug, then gave blood. About an hour after I got home, I started packing my books--bad idea. As I was about half-way through the third bin, I started to feel light-headed. So I went downstairs and sat on the couch while my mom brought me some juice. Then I got a Hot Pocket and watched TV in my room the rest of the evening. I also went and bought more bins.

Sunday, I meant to go to church, but I didn't get up until 11:15, and church is from 9-12, so it would've been stupid to get dressed and go, leaving only about 15 minutes before church ended.

After church, I read a bit of M*A*S*H fanfic, then we went to my Grandma's house for dinner. Saturday was her 75th birthday, so we were celebrating that. smile

After we got home from Grandma's house, I packed 5 of the 6 bins I had bought on Saturday, and then I decided to watch a DVD of some sort. I went downstairs to borrow one from Dad, and had trouble deciding which one (he kept looking at me funny, and complaining that I was hovering. :p ), so I just randomly grabbed a M*A*S*H season. It turned out to be season 6.

Around 11:30, Anna came into my room with a box of Poffertjes (little poofy Dutch pancake-like things that are just slightly larger than a quarter) mix, asking if I wanted some. I was all like, "Duh!" so she made some for the two of us--yum, yum!

Anyway, that's my weekend. Gotta get back to work!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard