Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yay! I get to start the Friday chat!

I haven't been online since last Saturday.

That evening, I started to feel terrible--stuffy nose, sore throat, watery eyes, etc.

Tuesday, I went to the doctor and found out I have a sinus infection that's trying to creep into my left ear. She gave me Amoxicilin and some sort of horse pill cough medicine which doubles as a decongestant (I think it's called Duredrin).

Yesterday, I went back to work after a five-day weekend (we had off on Monday for New Year's, and I stayed home sick Tuesday and Wednesday).

During those five days, I watched 4 seasons, plus 16 episodes of M*A*S*H. Yesterday, I watched the last 8 episodes of season 5, plus a few episodes of season 6. Ding, dong, Frank Burns is GONE! :p

Anyway, I'm just trying to get caught up on everything online today. I've only got caught up on the off-topic posts. But right now, it's lunch time, so I'm gonna go eat.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Hope you're feeling better, Darcy! I hate being sick...especially over a holiday weekend.

No big plans for the weekend. Just getting ready for a bunch of my girlfriends coming to spend next weekend with us.

Might go Eagle "hunting" with my daughter, but that's still up in the air if I want spend the money or just try and go solo and figure it out on my own!

Have a great first weekend of the year!!! smile1

Jo

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Darcy, I am glad you are feeling well enough to join us again! And I love M*A*S*H, although we only have the first five seasons on DVD and no plans to buy the others.

This weekend I am determined not to spend hours reading on the archive, because I have a to-do list as long as my arm. Got to get something done for once!

Anybody like Joan of Arcadia? I didn't watch it when it was on TV, but a friend gave me the first season on DVD for my birthday in August and I am enjoying it so far.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Yay! MASH fans! That was my first fandom - first one I wrote in, anyway. I'm up to season 9 with the DVD's and will definitely complete the set, but I'm not in the mood to watch them at the moment. It kind of comes in cycles. Darcy, I'm so sorry you were sick, but you could hardly have had better entertainment smile

I'm delighted to get to the end of this week, frankly, though my weekend is busier with kids' activities than I'd like it to be and so won't be all that relaxing. I have a to-do list like Lisa's but very little hope of actually accomplishing it all, I'm afraid.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! I'm having a lovely Friday. It's my last Friday off... I've been off for two weeks and I have to go back to work on Monday (DJ cries - not that she expects any sympathy from anyone wink )

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I just got home yesterday and am unpacking so I can repack for my grandfather's funeral on Monday. This is stupid really. I knew he was supposed to go today, and I barely saw him once a year. Doesn't make it hurt any less. Elsewhere, I just have errands before I go out of town. I just don't want to do any of them. School starts Monday, I've got no food in the house, and I promised property management I'd stop by...

I hope you guys have a good weekend.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sorry to hear about you grandgather JD. Even when you know death is near it doesn't make it any easier to deal with it. frown

I'm sitting at work right now, bored out of my mind wishing the next 20 minutes till I go home would rush by. I am actually supposed to be doing things... but I can't find the willpower. Does anyone else get all their energy in the morning? I get most of my work done early then lose all motivation to do anything around 3:30 every day. frown I'm a terrible worker.

No plans for the weekend, which is fine by me.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry to hear about your granddad, Jen. *hugs*

I've been in bed all day with the worst migraine I had in ages. Started last night - while I was at the movies, of course... I had the hardest time staying in there to see the end of the movie, it was so bad, at one point even my eyes were throbbing with pain... *sigh*.

I had *finally* gone to see the new Bond movie and wow. It's one of the best ones I've seen. (OMG, that man has got the most amazing eyes. WHOA. And don't get me started on that real nice rear-end he has...)

I saw The Holiday as well, this week -- well worth it. I laughed, I cried. Did wonders for my soul. smile

And... by some miraculous twist of fate, I was offered a job this week. In the same company that had just let me go (breaking my heart in the process, believe me). It's in a different department - a different division altogether, in fact. And it's a really big deal, cause they opened up that position just for me. No kidding! (long story, short: if these people had known before it happened that I was going to be let go cause of budget cuts in my division, I wouldn't have found myself unemployed at all.) I'm supposed to go in on Monday to sign papers and I expect to start working again on Tuesday. Vacation won't have been long, but I'm *really* looking forward to working again!

Bottom line... My head hurts like crazy, but I'm insanely happy. laugh

I hope you guys have a nice week-end! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
JD, I'm sorry to hear about your granddad. It's tough losing a loved one. But remember.

Lara...congratulations on your new job! As for me, I have to report ot my same old job at 0625 in the morning...OR nursing! But, I guess I should just thank God that I have a secure job, right?

I have to get my daily peek at some L&C and I had a private chat with nancy. Funny how you make new friends here, huh? I hope everyone otherwise had a wonderful holiday.

Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, congrats about the job, Lara!

Elsewhere, I have something to focus on! I have to move AGAIN. :p I find it a little bit humorous. In the end, it's not the drugs that I'm escaping. It's my roommate's INABILITY TO PAY BILLS. Wow. I just straightened out her Comcast bill tonight for November and December, which I didn't really want to do this weekend, but my roommate lacks a humanitarian bone in her body. Ahhhhh! After I dropped a check in the mail tonight, I called my mother to tell her not to worry; she was just like, omg move. I'm tired of this saga. Maybe 3 will be my lucky number for residences. wink

JD

Re: energy. It depends on what I'm doing. If it's school, I definitely have all my energy in the morning! If I'm left to my own devices, like today for example, well I slept in past noon, and all of my energy culminated around 9pm. wink

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Does anyone else get all their energy in the morning?
Not me. I do my best work between eleven at night and two in the morning.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not me. I do my best work between eleven at night and two in the morning.
Same here. I'm really awake and super productive in the middle of the night, when everyone else sleeps. I am so not a morning person. Mind you, I could probably fool people into thinking I am, seeing as though I get up at 6:30 to be on the bus around 7:10 to go to work....

Don't ask how, but I'm usually able to go to bed past 2 and get up at 6:30 just about all week. Of course, by the time week-end comes, I can easily sleep 12 hours in a row.

Jen - sorry you have to move again. frown I do hope the third time's the charm. *fingers crossed*

Kerth
Kerth
It's 11 pm and I'm finally on a roll with my literature review for my masters thesis. I do my best work at night. I can't go to bed before 11.30pm, and that's when I'm forcing myself to sleep since I'm a teacher and have to start work early. But when I'm on vacation, I often stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning. I just can't get motivated to work during the day...it doesn't help now that I have a 3 year old demanding my attention...there's just really no point in even trying to work until he's asleep. So it works out for me that I'm a night owl! smile
Susan
P.S. I really am working on my thesis! For every study I finish writing up in my lit review, I get a few minutes break to check these boards. This is my little reward and motivation!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I am absolutely a night person. Takes me hours just to fully wake up in the morning. I hit my stride at work around three and at home I do most of whatever I am doing after nine. My husband is a morning person. Makes for an interesting relationship. Remember my vignette Damn Good Thing? Totally based on my real life.

Lara! CONGRATS! So glad they realized what they were missing.

Maybe we should do some voodoo or something to find Jen a good roommate. smile (BTW, I miss your old avatars, Jen!)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm all for the voodoo thing. Take out the candles, we'll have us a seance. wink ..and I second what Lisa said, I miss your old avies too - they were so nice and original. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, where's that voodoo. I'm all for it! Actually I'm probably not going to have another roommate after this, unless my friend who's coming to SCAD in fall wants to room. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it's midnight and I'm in bed relaxing. Meanwhile, I can hear a round of drinking games in the living room and guitar solos blaring out of the CD player. <g>

And thank you re the avatars! It's just always nice to hear. smile I've been in a Superman mood lately, but I might put up another painting sometime.

Elsewhere, it's time for this weekend to be over! I'm completely auto-repair deficient, so I got some bikers to help me with my flat tire, and then I sat around at Firestone all day while they put my car back together. I'm so tired of cars! Oh, and I know all the rules to full contact boxing now, since it was on the Firestone tv. <g>

JD

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm also a night person. BUT... when I amat work from 8:30-5 I always do more when I first get to work. I lose energy about 3:30pm and then once I get home I get a new burst of energy. smile It's just those few hours a day that I am a useless individual. LOL

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard