Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Are there a couple of kind, willing guinea pigs out there wink who could go to my website and see if they can download and play an mpg file I uploaded this morning? It's a fun video of my brother-in-law's dancing Christmas lights display, but I had somebody who tried downloading it say they only got sound but no video. When I tried, it opened and played just fine for me on Windows Media Player. confused

Could some willing and helpful wink volunteers go there and see if it opens okay for you? help The link is http://www.erinklingler.com/lights.html

Thank you!

Erin

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Kerth
Kerth
Erin,

I tried it a few times and kept getting the 404 error that the server was unavailable. frown

Did you take the page down to tweak it?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Features Writer
Features Writer
Erin, I saved the file and tried to play it with WMP, but had the same "just sound no video" problem. There's a missing codec which needs to be downloaded.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just downloaded it, Erin, and it played just fine for me. I use winamp to play all my files. Nicely decorated, btw. smile

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Erin,
It plays fine for me. This is so cool!!! :boogie:

Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It plays fine for me... It was a little softer at one point in the middle, but I could hear it fine... I got it all right down to the dog almost getting hit by the car.. frown

I'd love to see this in person... laugh

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the help, guys! Kathy, you were right; I was missing a codec. I got my hubby to stream it and now it seems to be working fine.

Glad you guys enjoyed it! smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
For the future a great codec pack to download for all video playback is the k-lite codec pack. I have it and it lets me view just about everything.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Neat!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard