Print Thread
#208822 11/17/06 11:58 AM
T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
A friend was talking about the dentist her granddaughters went to. They love going to the dentist at ages 3 and 4 (but then, they've never had cavities). They get a goody bag when they leave, and that seems vaguely familiar from my own childhood (we actually only got to pick one item from a basket, but it's still similar). But also, while they are getting their teeth cleaned, they paint the girls nails and stuff. Makes me feel like I missed out. I got the cavities, instead.

#208823 11/18/06 08:52 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
going to the dentist was never that cool when I was a kid!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#208824 11/18/06 09:02 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I think that depends on the dentist. Of course it's helpful to have no cavities. wink

When I went there for the first time, the dentist examined my doll first. I think that's a good thing.

We do something similiar.. each summer we have a hospital for ill teddy bears and dolls and whatever. It's a lot of fun and I hope it helps to take away a bit of fear.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#208825 11/18/06 09:06 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think dentists have improved all round since I was a kid. They definitely seem to have an emphasis these days on making the patient feel at ease as much as possible and reducing any pain, discomfort, etc, as much as they can.

A far cry from the dentist I went to age 10 who stood in front of me with a large needle and said, "This is going to hurt like hell and it's your own fault for not brushing hard enough." It did, too.

Somehow, that induced a fear of dentists in me that lasted until just recently. Go figure. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#208826 11/18/06 12:46 PM
T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Originally posted by bakasi:
When I went there for the first time, the dentist examined my doll first. I think that's a good thing.

We do something similiar.. each summer we have a hospital for ill teddy bears and dolls and whatever. It's a lot of fun and I hope it helps to take away a bit of fear.
That sounds nice.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard