T
CC

WOW! This is fabulous. smile1

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Hi CC,

Just joining in the chorus.

This is a great original start. The Clark and Lois interaction was fun.

Loved Tempus and his 'gang'. But for peacekeepers they really are much too gullible. wink

Eagerly looking forward to the next part. smile

Yours Jenni

Kerth
Kerth
Woot... Tempus is back!! laugh

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!! A new CC story!!!!! razz

“Now this is the part I really get tired of. The introductions. We need a code word, don’t we? A secret handshake? Something. So we don’t have to go through this each and every time.”
Okay, I'm *so* worried about what's in store... but LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You see how he does that?” remarked a hushed voice. “It’s already second nature. The protective gesture.”
AWWWW!!!!!!!! And... *snigger* Sounds like a bunch of folcs analyzing. goofy

“Superman?” Lois and Clark repeated in unison.

“Whoopsies,” said the woman a tad tremulously.

“Lois would have thought of it in a few hours anyway,” called an encouraging voice from the crowd.
ROTFL!!!! rotflol

“This morning when I woke up,” Lois said over his left shoulder. “I was in a hurry to break-in here. And then I found a bomb. Met a man who can lift space ships but is shy about it. I was up to speed on all of that... until now.”

“Trust me, Lois, you have company in utter confusion,” Clark offered back.
Awwww *snicker*

“Haven’t you been paying attention? Interfering is what I do. It’s my life’s purpose. He flies around and saves the day. She is perpetually fooled by a pair of glasses...”

Clark gulped.

“What?” said Lois.

“Too soon, dear girl, cover your ears,” ordered the woman.
Oh crap!! eek

“You caught me fair and square, gang.” Tempus shrugged. “Though, God, that’s embarrassing considering your combined intellect. But still, it’s good that I was prepared.”
eek (So glad I saved my graemlins for the end!)

It wasn’t to stop her from charging, and it wasn’t exactly to protect her. But more to assure himself that she was with him. That he could feel her close.

That they wouldn’t be separated.
Awww!!! Gah! That hits me right *there*!

He was pointing his ring at them- what looked to be a reddish light was shooting from a gem stone unlike any he’d ever seen. Tempus was laughing. Long, loud delighted laughter, which followed them into the darkness.
Oh dear Lord, CC!!!! What have you gotten them into??? frown

And... when do we get to find out? Huh? I hope it's soon. I really do. frown

Sara (who's going to scurry off and write more buffer before CC gets done with what she has... was it really a good idea to give her *everything*... )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yvonne said:

You know it's a good story when there are too many fantastic bits to be able to quote them all, don't you?
Oops!!! You mean I wasn't supposed too?? blush

Sara (who dittos what everyone else said... great job with an original prospective on the pilot!!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
As everyone before me has already said, this is awesome. Wonderful. I loved it. This was moving along absolutely splendidly as another twist on the pilot. I loved some of the thoughts that ran through Clark's head, such as

With the distinct impression he had been played like a violin, that he had, in fact, agreed to a deal very similar to Bobby Bigmouth’s, sans egg rolls,
So I'm smiling away, enjoying myself immensely, and then I read this:

shiny silver get up of some sort.
and I was literally bouncing up and down in my chair in anticipation. I LOVE Tempus in your stories, CC, you write him so well.

And the Peacekeepers are a riot! I could quote every line of theirs as an absolute gem, but I think this was my favorite:

“You see how he does that?” remarked a hushed voice. “It’s already second nature. The protective gesture.”

“She needs it, though, doesn’t she?” someone chortled.
Needless to say, I'm dying to find out what the red beam is. I'm guessing red kryptonite, of course, but I won't be at all upset to find out I'm wrong...

Are we on a EOD schedule here? (Please say yes...)

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is just an I.O.U.

I owe you all feedback on your feedback!! I'm just so grateful and really blown away, you have no idea.

So, I'm just saving this space.

I'm thinking a Tues/Thurs/Sat posting schedule until we're done. Which means I'll be back tomorrow with *better* comments on your comments and with part 2.

Thank you!!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tues/Thurs/Sat seems reasonable, I guess... that is, if twice-a-day is entirely out of the question? Just asking smile

Howsomever, it is now <checking watch> Thursday -- late in the day Thursday for some of our members -- so, um... where's part 2??????

PJ smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm having a tough time figuring out where to start! And that's a lovely problem, so don't feel sorry for me.

I think here.
Two nits: Andrus and replicant
2,000 points go to rivka in our 'Duh, I Should Have Known That' category. Thank you for the catch! I needed it!

And while I'm handing them out:
me tries not to see a parallel here... nope... no allusion to CC and Wendy at *all*...
1,000 points to Sara for picking up on something that might have been the tiniest bit intentional. Or not. That's all I'm saying.

This
It was okay.
has no point value, but it gave me such a laugh. Loved that.

Just a few things more. The Red K observation. Really smart and really interesting, and frankly... I didn't think of it. Wondering if I should change Tempus's gem color, avoid confusion?

But this
Red Kryptonite?! It would be the most out of this world twist if Superman's powers were transferred to Lois.
is a great idea! There's a premise all set to go, Jen. Any takers?

Last thing, really.
I LOVE Tempus in your stories, CC, you write him so well.
Thank you, KathyM!

I want to point out that I haven't used Tempus in a year and 1/2 now, and well... I'm darn proud of my restraint. He's so much fun, it was hard to stay away.

Ok. So, we're off. And again I am so overwhelmed by and appreciative of your response. I do *not* expect to see feedback numbers like this again, really, but I'm glad for the amazingly warm welcome for part one.

Thank you so very, very much to all of you. Give yourself a little kiss from me, sloppy and I hope you enjoy!

I'm going to start flinging this monster, which, btw, is Liz's birthday fic! (So glad you knew that, Liz.) Part two coming up.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
It's so much fun to find an older fic I've never read before. I read this whole fic several weeks ago and it was great. I love seeing Lois and Clark thrown out of their comfort zone so early on and I love all of the original characters. They are interesting without taking away from time with our favorite couple.

I don't know is CC is still active on the MB but this seemed like the perfect story to review for Queenofthecapes FDK Scavenger hunt challenge. I hope it helps others find and read this wonderful story.

The challenge requires a quote to prove this is a time travel fic. I think this fits the bill:
“No, no, dear boy.” A woman, small, round, and bespectacled, squeezed herself into the center of the room and the conversation. “You don’t know us. And that’s the whole point. You are to live your life and do what you do, while we take care of the time and space details. I’m not allowed to tell you more than that, Superman.”

“Superman?” Lois and Clark repeated in unison.

“Whoopsies,” said the woman a tad tremulously.

“Lois would have thought of it in a few hours anyway,” called an encouraging voice from the crowd.

I love all the asides from the Superman fan club.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I want to say I have probably read this, but I actually have no idea if I read all of CC's stories on the Archive when I started reading LnC fic... And I don't have the time right now to read a 500k story. dizzy So... Thanks for pulling this story up, Amanda. And isn't it fun to see Sara posting DarthEvie-style FDK almost 20 years ago?

Edit: and I just checked out the final part's FDK and looky there who posted FDK in 2008. And we never did get the sequel mecry

wave Michael

PS: Look at all the amazing FDK from 20 years go thud

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/09/24 05:02 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
I want to say I have probably read this, but I actually have no idea if I read all of CC's stories on the Archive when I started reading LnC fic... And I don't have the time right now to read a 500k story. dizzy So... Thanks for pulling this story up, Amanda. And isn't it fun to see Sara posting DarthEvie-style FDK almost 20 years ago?

Edit: and I just checked out the final part's FDK and looky there who posted FDK in 2008. And we never did get the sequel mecry

wave Michael

PS: Look at all the amazing FDK from 20 years go thud

Isn't When the World Finds Out the sequel? (Also, +5 points to Amanda for successful thread necro!)

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When the World finds out was published in 2004, so I'd wager no.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard