Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anonymous FDK=> In a Better Place, or OMG CCPosted!!!!YAY!!! - 04/12/05 08:40 AM
AWESOME!!!! I'm just opening this folder and have picked out one statement so far that had me hopping in my seat, but there's more!!! Tons MORE!!!
in a take-off pose he improvised on the spot. He hoped it didn’t look too cheesy.
LOL!!!! Loved this!!! BE BACK IN A SEC!

[edit] WOW!! Talk about flinging monsters!! This is so great, you got that whole opening meeting just perfectly as expected, I mean I always wondered, there had to be a ton of time that passed from when Clark ate the bomb to when he dropped Lois off, and how did he come up with that, surely he'd never eaten a bomb before, but there it is, fantastically explained, and then all the funny stuff that follows cause I don't want to spoil this for those who haven't read.

BUT YOU FLING THAT MONSTER, HONEY!! thumbsup
WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOO!!! CC's posting!!! thumbsup
Just when I thought I knew where this was going -- fwooosh! I was thinking, Nice introspection, not too many fics I've read put us inside their heads for this particular sequence of events. I expected a twist or two . . . but was not expecting Tempus. And certainly not the cohort who followed him!

Great start! clap

I can't wait to see more of this! laugh

(Two nits: Andrus and replicant)
Yay, you posted! Well, you know how much I adore this story - it's funny, original and packed full of all those little CC trademarks we've come to adore. Wonderful, snappy dialogue, great action, perfect characterisations...just a joy to read. <happy sigh>

And I'm so darn jealous of how well you do Tempus. And original characters. Loved the watchers. LOL.

Roll on part two - and finding more in my mailbox, too, naturally. smile1

LabRat smile
WHOA!!!

Amazing, CC! As the others said, full of lovely touches of humour and observations. I love Clark's asides on Lois - he's really got her pegged! That deal, too, sounded full of fascinating potential.

And then you sideswiped me completely with Tempus and the Peacekeepers! I've no idea what's going to happen from here, but consider me completely hooked and already refreshing the boards anxious for the next instalment. wildguy wildguy

Keep it coming, and fast!!

Wendy smile
I have the feeling I may regret this (it's the title; it makes me nervous goofy

PJ
wow eek

I love it grumble

I can´t wait to read the next part, please let it be here FAST

Karla
Oh Sweet Divine Mother Of All That Is Pure!! shock First that wonderful lead-up, with the fantastic Clark commentary and then bam - Tempus, out of nowhere. *Wow*.

At times like these one must resort to graemlins to get one's point of view across, so without further ado...

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara smile
eek Where on earth do I start?

You know it's a good story when there are too many fantastic bits to be able to quote them all, don't you? Loved the trip inside the new Superman's head. Loved - loved - the double meaning here:

He drew a deep breath, tightened into a dive, and plunged.
The negotation with Lois was fun, but then when the peacekeepers turned up - ROFL!!! The scene reminded me of that bit in Finding Nemo when the school of fish are making funny shapes and discussing Nemo's Dad and Dory. The FN scene was a lot of fun, but the peacekeepers were hilarious!

And I'll join Rat in saying you do Tempus incredibly well - the timing of this was pure Tempus:

“Couldn’t have said it better myself,” he agreed.
You know, when you mentioned in passing that you were working on something, I wasn't even sure whether you meant it or not - you were so casual about it. Now we get this!

Wow. eek

Yay! smile1

And...

More.

Yvonne
Good grief, it's like two separate stories at once! eek

I liked the first story. And then I liked the second story, but I'd hate to enjoy it at the expense of the first story. On the other hand, the second story has lots of great potential too. That leaves us readers kinda stuck, doesn't it?

The peacekeepers were laugh -- I could just see them blathering oh-so-helpfully and LnC exchanging increasingly confused looks. And why *are* Utopians so easily sucker-punched into giving the bad guy the upper hand?

Was that red K of some sort?

More more more, CC. Soon. Please?

Hazel
Alright..a new CC fic, and you posted on my birthday. So I will officially believe that you wrote this for me! j/k laugh

It's all been said before..this story starts with a bang and ends with a bang..amazing. It really has it all..humor, great introspection and dead on characters. Oooo I LOVE TEMPUS!!

Thanks CC..for the birthday fic..hee!

~Liz
Good grief. Was he flirting with her? Here? Now? A space station to reach and lives in his hands and a new role to play... and he was standing here with Lois Lane... flirting? That could not be right. Because that would be so very, very stupid.
rotflol
Just had to laugh at that.

The hard part was over. What could possibly go wrong?
<snort> You just keep telling yourself that, Clark.

OMG Utopia knocked me into next week. What the heck. Red beams...Red Kryptonite?! It would be the most out of this world twist if Superman's powers were transferred to Lois.

Anyway, I'm done blabbering nonsense for now.

Looking forward to more!!
Jen
and you posted on my birthday
Happy birthday, Liz!! party Hope you have a terrific day.

Wendy smile
WOW!! What a rollercoaster! clap
Looking for the next post

Simona smile
Excellent excellent excellent.

I read this during my lunch hour at work today. Fab! Familar setting with a great twist. Wow, how is this going to go !? Please don't leave us hanging.

The 'gang' left me laughing and "what the...what's going on?" <mouth hanging open>. What is Tempus up to this time.

I have to read it again to make sure I am not missing anything. I became a bit hyper near the end and started speed reading. Me bad.
Wow, this looks very promising help . But I'm dying to find out hyper .

So, next part, please wave
He flies around and saves the day. She is perpetually fooled by a pair of glasses...”

Clark gulped.

“What?” said Lois.

“Too soon, dear girl, cover your ears,” ordered the woman.
[Linked Image]
Woah! That was a shocking audience! Where did he send them off to now? More soon. Laura
It was okay.

Tank (who is just doing his part to keep CC from getting too swelled a head from all the praise for this excellant start to a potentially great story)
CC: I'm reading your latest fic, of course.

Have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

Can't wait to see where you're going with this...the road less traveled, I'm sure!
CC

WOW! This is fabulous. smile1

Tricia cool
Hi CC,

Just joining in the chorus.

This is a great original start. The Clark and Lois interaction was fun.

Loved Tempus and his 'gang'. But for peacekeepers they really are much too gullible. wink

Eagerly looking forward to the next part. smile

Yours Jenni
Woot... Tempus is back!! laugh

Jose wave
OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!! A new CC story!!!!! razz

“Now this is the part I really get tired of. The introductions. We need a code word, don’t we? A secret handshake? Something. So we don’t have to go through this each and every time.”
Okay, I'm *so* worried about what's in store... but LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You see how he does that?” remarked a hushed voice. “It’s already second nature. The protective gesture.”
AWWWW!!!!!!!! And... *snigger* Sounds like a bunch of folcs analyzing. goofy

“Superman?” Lois and Clark repeated in unison.

“Whoopsies,” said the woman a tad tremulously.

“Lois would have thought of it in a few hours anyway,” called an encouraging voice from the crowd.
ROTFL!!!! rotflol

“This morning when I woke up,” Lois said over his left shoulder. “I was in a hurry to break-in here. And then I found a bomb. Met a man who can lift space ships but is shy about it. I was up to speed on all of that... until now.”

“Trust me, Lois, you have company in utter confusion,” Clark offered back.
Awwww *snicker*

“Haven’t you been paying attention? Interfering is what I do. It’s my life’s purpose. He flies around and saves the day. She is perpetually fooled by a pair of glasses...”

Clark gulped.

“What?” said Lois.

“Too soon, dear girl, cover your ears,” ordered the woman.
Oh crap!! eek

“You caught me fair and square, gang.” Tempus shrugged. “Though, God, that’s embarrassing considering your combined intellect. But still, it’s good that I was prepared.”
eek (So glad I saved my graemlins for the end!)

It wasn’t to stop her from charging, and it wasn’t exactly to protect her. But more to assure himself that she was with him. That he could feel her close.

That they wouldn’t be separated.
Awww!!! Gah! That hits me right *there*!

He was pointing his ring at them- what looked to be a reddish light was shooting from a gem stone unlike any he’d ever seen. Tempus was laughing. Long, loud delighted laughter, which followed them into the darkness.
Oh dear Lord, CC!!!! What have you gotten them into??? frown

And... when do we get to find out? Huh? I hope it's soon. I really do. frown

Sara (who's going to scurry off and write more buffer before CC gets done with what she has... was it really a good idea to give her *everything*... )
Yvonne said:

You know it's a good story when there are too many fantastic bits to be able to quote them all, don't you?
Oops!!! You mean I wasn't supposed too?? blush

Sara (who dittos what everyone else said... great job with an original prospective on the pilot!!)
As everyone before me has already said, this is awesome. Wonderful. I loved it. This was moving along absolutely splendidly as another twist on the pilot. I loved some of the thoughts that ran through Clark's head, such as

With the distinct impression he had been played like a violin, that he had, in fact, agreed to a deal very similar to Bobby Bigmouth’s, sans egg rolls,
So I'm smiling away, enjoying myself immensely, and then I read this:

shiny silver get up of some sort.
and I was literally bouncing up and down in my chair in anticipation. I LOVE Tempus in your stories, CC, you write him so well.

And the Peacekeepers are a riot! I could quote every line of theirs as an absolute gem, but I think this was my favorite:

“You see how he does that?” remarked a hushed voice. “It’s already second nature. The protective gesture.”

“She needs it, though, doesn’t she?” someone chortled.
Needless to say, I'm dying to find out what the red beam is. I'm guessing red kryptonite, of course, but I won't be at all upset to find out I'm wrong...

Are we on a EOD schedule here? (Please say yes...)

Kathy
This is just an I.O.U.

I owe you all feedback on your feedback!! I'm just so grateful and really blown away, you have no idea.

So, I'm just saving this space.

I'm thinking a Tues/Thurs/Sat posting schedule until we're done. Which means I'll be back tomorrow with *better* comments on your comments and with part 2.

Thank you!!

CC
Tues/Thurs/Sat seems reasonable, I guess... that is, if twice-a-day is entirely out of the question? Just asking smile

Howsomever, it is now <checking watch> Thursday -- late in the day Thursday for some of our members -- so, um... where's part 2??????

PJ smile
I'm having a tough time figuring out where to start! And that's a lovely problem, so don't feel sorry for me.

I think here.
Two nits: Andrus and replicant
2,000 points go to rivka in our 'Duh, I Should Have Known That' category. Thank you for the catch! I needed it!

And while I'm handing them out:
me tries not to see a parallel here... nope... no allusion to CC and Wendy at *all*...
1,000 points to Sara for picking up on something that might have been the tiniest bit intentional. Or not. That's all I'm saying.

This
It was okay.
has no point value, but it gave me such a laugh. Loved that.

Just a few things more. The Red K observation. Really smart and really interesting, and frankly... I didn't think of it. Wondering if I should change Tempus's gem color, avoid confusion?

But this
Red Kryptonite?! It would be the most out of this world twist if Superman's powers were transferred to Lois.
is a great idea! There's a premise all set to go, Jen. Any takers?

Last thing, really.
I LOVE Tempus in your stories, CC, you write him so well.
Thank you, KathyM!

I want to point out that I haven't used Tempus in a year and 1/2 now, and well... I'm darn proud of my restraint. He's so much fun, it was hard to stay away.

Ok. So, we're off. And again I am so overwhelmed by and appreciative of your response. I do *not* expect to see feedback numbers like this again, really, but I'm glad for the amazingly warm welcome for part one.

Thank you so very, very much to all of you. Give yourself a little kiss from me, sloppy and I hope you enjoy!

I'm going to start flinging this monster, which, btw, is Liz's birthday fic! (So glad you knew that, Liz.) Part two coming up.

CC
It's so much fun to find an older fic I've never read before. I read this whole fic several weeks ago and it was great. I love seeing Lois and Clark thrown out of their comfort zone so early on and I love all of the original characters. They are interesting without taking away from time with our favorite couple.

I don't know is CC is still active on the MB but this seemed like the perfect story to review for Queenofthecapes FDK Scavenger hunt challenge. I hope it helps others find and read this wonderful story.

The challenge requires a quote to prove this is a time travel fic. I think this fits the bill:
“No, no, dear boy.” A woman, small, round, and bespectacled, squeezed herself into the center of the room and the conversation. “You don’t know us. And that’s the whole point. You are to live your life and do what you do, while we take care of the time and space details. I’m not allowed to tell you more than that, Superman.”

“Superman?” Lois and Clark repeated in unison.

“Whoopsies,” said the woman a tad tremulously.

“Lois would have thought of it in a few hours anyway,” called an encouraging voice from the crowd.

I love all the asides from the Superman fan club.
I want to say I have probably read this, but I actually have no idea if I read all of CC's stories on the Archive when I started reading LnC fic... And I don't have the time right now to read a 500k story. dizzy So... Thanks for pulling this story up, Amanda. And isn't it fun to see Sara posting DarthEvie-style FDK almost 20 years ago?

Edit: and I just checked out the final part's FDK and looky there who posted FDK in 2008. And we never did get the sequel mecry

wave Michael

PS: Look at all the amazing FDK from 20 years go thud
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
I want to say I have probably read this, but I actually have no idea if I read all of CC's stories on the Archive when I started reading LnC fic... And I don't have the time right now to read a 500k story. dizzy So... Thanks for pulling this story up, Amanda. And isn't it fun to see Sara posting DarthEvie-style FDK almost 20 years ago?

Edit: and I just checked out the final part's FDK and looky there who posted FDK in 2008. And we never did get the sequel mecry

wave Michael

PS: Look at all the amazing FDK from 20 years go thud

Isn't When the World Finds Out the sequel? (Also, +5 points to Amanda for successful thread necro!)
When the World finds out was published in 2004, so I'd wager no.

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards