Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AWESOME!!!! I'm just opening this folder and have picked out one statement so far that had me hopping in my seat, but there's more!!! Tons MORE!!!
in a take-off pose he improvised on the spot. He hoped it didn’t look too cheesy.
LOL!!!! Loved this!!! BE BACK IN A SEC!

[edit] WOW!! Talk about flinging monsters!! This is so great, you got that whole opening meeting just perfectly as expected, I mean I always wondered, there had to be a ton of time that passed from when Clark ate the bomb to when he dropped Lois off, and how did he come up with that, surely he'd never eaten a bomb before, but there it is, fantastically explained, and then all the funny stuff that follows cause I don't want to spoil this for those who haven't read.

BUT YOU FLING THAT MONSTER, HONEY!! thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOO!!! CC's posting!!! thumbsup

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just when I thought I knew where this was going -- fwooosh! I was thinking, Nice introspection, not too many fics I've read put us inside their heads for this particular sequence of events. I expected a twist or two . . . but was not expecting Tempus. And certainly not the cohort who followed him!

Great start! clap

I can't wait to see more of this! laugh

(Two nits: Andrus and replicant)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, you posted! Well, you know how much I adore this story - it's funny, original and packed full of all those little CC trademarks we've come to adore. Wonderful, snappy dialogue, great action, perfect characterisations...just a joy to read. <happy sigh>

And I'm so darn jealous of how well you do Tempus. And original characters. Loved the watchers. LOL.

Roll on part two - and finding more in my mailbox, too, naturally. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WHOA!!!

Amazing, CC! As the others said, full of lovely touches of humour and observations. I love Clark's asides on Lois - he's really got her pegged! That deal, too, sounded full of fascinating potential.

And then you sideswiped me completely with Tempus and the Peacekeepers! I've no idea what's going to happen from here, but consider me completely hooked and already refreshing the boards anxious for the next instalment. wildguy wildguy

Keep it coming, and fast!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have the feeling I may regret this (it's the title; it makes me nervous goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
wow eek

I love it grumble

I can´t wait to read the next part, please let it be here FAST

Karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh Sweet Divine Mother Of All That Is Pure!! shock First that wonderful lead-up, with the fantastic Clark commentary and then bam - Tempus, out of nowhere. *Wow*.

At times like these one must resort to graemlins to get one's point of view across, so without further ado...

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
eek Where on earth do I start?

You know it's a good story when there are too many fantastic bits to be able to quote them all, don't you? Loved the trip inside the new Superman's head. Loved - loved - the double meaning here:

He drew a deep breath, tightened into a dive, and plunged.
The negotation with Lois was fun, but then when the peacekeepers turned up - ROFL!!! The scene reminded me of that bit in Finding Nemo when the school of fish are making funny shapes and discussing Nemo's Dad and Dory. The FN scene was a lot of fun, but the peacekeepers were hilarious!

And I'll join Rat in saying you do Tempus incredibly well - the timing of this was pure Tempus:

“Couldn’t have said it better myself,” he agreed.
You know, when you mentioned in passing that you were working on something, I wasn't even sure whether you meant it or not - you were so casual about it. Now we get this!

Wow. eek

Yay! smile1

And...

More.

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good grief, it's like two separate stories at once! eek

I liked the first story. And then I liked the second story, but I'd hate to enjoy it at the expense of the first story. On the other hand, the second story has lots of great potential too. That leaves us readers kinda stuck, doesn't it?

The peacekeepers were laugh -- I could just see them blathering oh-so-helpfully and LnC exchanging increasingly confused looks. And why *are* Utopians so easily sucker-punched into giving the bad guy the upper hand?

Was that red K of some sort?

More more more, CC. Soon. Please?

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alright..a new CC fic, and you posted on my birthday. So I will officially believe that you wrote this for me! j/k laugh

It's all been said before..this story starts with a bang and ends with a bang..amazing. It really has it all..humor, great introspection and dead on characters. Oooo I LOVE TEMPUS!!

Thanks CC..for the birthday fic..hee!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good grief. Was he flirting with her? Here? Now? A space station to reach and lives in his hands and a new role to play... and he was standing here with Lois Lane... flirting? That could not be right. Because that would be so very, very stupid.
rotflol
Just had to laugh at that.

The hard part was over. What could possibly go wrong?
<snort> You just keep telling yourself that, Clark.

OMG Utopia knocked me into next week. What the heck. Red beams...Red Kryptonite?! It would be the most out of this world twist if Superman's powers were transferred to Lois.

Anyway, I'm done blabbering nonsense for now.

Looking forward to more!!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
and you posted on my birthday
Happy birthday, Liz!! party Hope you have a terrific day.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW!! What a rollercoaster! clap
Looking for the next post

Simona smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
Excellent excellent excellent.

I read this during my lunch hour at work today. Fab! Familar setting with a great twist. Wow, how is this going to go !? Please don't leave us hanging.

The 'gang' left me laughing and "what the...what's going on?" <mouth hanging open>. What is Tempus up to this time.

I have to read it again to make sure I am not missing anything. I became a bit hyper near the end and started speed reading. Me bad.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, this looks very promising help . But I'm dying to find out hyper .

So, next part, please wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
He flies around and saves the day. She is perpetually fooled by a pair of glasses...”

Clark gulped.

“What?” said Lois.

“Too soon, dear girl, cover your ears,” ordered the woman.
[Linked Image]

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woah! That was a shocking audience! Where did he send them off to now? More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It was okay.

Tank (who is just doing his part to keep CC from getting too swelled a head from all the praise for this excellant start to a potentially great story)

Top Banana
Top Banana
CC: I'm reading your latest fic, of course.

Have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

Can't wait to see where you're going with this...the road less traveled, I'm sure!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard