Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saffron Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Kind of a newbie here-was a member for a bit a long while ago and got so busy with RL I'd managed to forget this place existed!

Anyhow, my family went away for four days on a spring break trip and being bored, I found myself hauling out all my old L+C tapes and also spending hours in front of the monitor catching up with all the wonderful fanfic that's been produced in the past while...48 hours of concentrated L+C. Whooo-hoooo! thumbsup

Hi to all and I'm so looking forward to spending more time here!

Saffron

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back! smile I kinda thought your nick looked familiar, but I don't really trust my memory wink

As for killing time -- well, generally I read fanfic. Or play computer solitaire (on Spider solitaire, difficult level, I have a win rate of almost 10%! goofy ). Or surf political sites/blogs.

Lately, though, I haven't had much time to kill! Been starting up a new job (literally; it's a brand new position). I'd been kind of thinking of maybe going back to work when my friend sat down in front of me (at church) and said he wanted to hire me. I laughed, but he was serious. So we're working that out. Um, anyway, not much time-killing going on here at present smile

PJ
(is that avatar from Firefly? Looks like our Mrs. Reynolds... and of course the nick matches... interesting choice!)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back!

Free time, eh? There's not a lot of it, but I usually do something computer related. It's really convenient because I'll do real work for a while, take a break and check email or hang out here, then do some more real work, and so on. But mostly my time is sucked up these days by either job hunting or grad school stuff. I have like 3 jobs at any given time, but I don't want to do anymore free lance work after May, so I'm looking for something in a company or an ad agency.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Killing time? Don't know the concept. I *run* after time all the time. Trying to save time. In fact, time is on life-support here most of the time. Which is driving me bonkers. Big time. laugh

Kaethel wink

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Saffron Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Yes Pam, "Saffron" from Firefly (though of course that's only one of her names) is my girl in the av though I'm the one with the romantic heart!

I don't normally get too much free time to indulge in my L+C love but those past four days of few interruptions and much fanfic/video just served to remind me how much I loved this show and this fandom...now I've got to get myself the DVDs since my tapes are getting just a little too long in the tooth for viewing pleasure and FF'ing through the damn commericals was getting very tedious at best.

wink

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Time? What's that? I haven't had any of the stuff to kill recently. I'm not sure I remember what it is.

I do, however, check the message boards several times a day. Some days more than others.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
welcome back! smile

i *must* contribute to this thread because i must say, i'm an expert in the field of time-killing AND time-wasting. smile1

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Ah, Those were the days!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't have that much time to kill these days - which is entirely down to poor time management and utterly non-existant organisation, as I retired some years ago and can pretty much call my time my own, 24/7, if I like. :rolleyes: razz

But if I did have time to kill - I'd spend it catching up on all the music vids and fanfic I keep missing out on. <sigh>

Welcome to the playground, Saffron! Nice avatar. <G>

LabRat (also a huge Firefly fan)

PS - although, come to think of it, I have spent time on a few nostalgic DVD wallows recently. Including revisiting Firefly and the X Files (the second took considerable longer than the first, it has to be said goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, first I load a clock into the shoot, and then I grab my rifle and yell...

Wait, that's not what you meant.

I read fic, but I've found recently that can only hold my attention so long. I've been playing on http://www.griddlers.net too, which is a japanese picture-by-number site. Other than that, it's chat and watch chat. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I should be saying that I have no time to kill, being a high-school student getting ready for my finals and all, but you know... I can't help it but *make* myself some time to kill. It's fun laugh

So... what do I do? I mostly read and write - fanfic and other things... Also, I hang around here, and chat with the other FoLCs on IRC smile

Welcome!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You have time to kill? Well, technically I do too, but I have so many projects and things to do that I really can't afford to kill it--I use it up fast enough as it is. If I have Internet, I'm saving off favorite webcomics (I recommend Sluggy and Day By Day Cartoon), posting to my online groups, chatting with FoLCs and friends, reading fanfic (and saving it for offline reading laugh ), and just generally surfing the 'net or reading interesting stories/articles/anything. If not, well, there's always listening to gorgeous music, writing/composing music, organizing my computer's hard drive better, learning/creating languages, writing out subtitles to a movie transferred from VHS (to later translate into Spanish), play various computer games, read e-books . . . I'm sure there're some I've forgotten, but that's my list for now.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard