Print Thread
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! A wonderful start! smile1 Please post it soon.

Happy birthday, Pam and Rivka! party
And happy anniversary, everyone! smile

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Well done Lois!! laugh

Jose smile1

P.S. Happy Birthday Pam and Rivka!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I like this twist much better then the original! Great job as usual Wendy. You have a way with putting a twist on episodes like no one else. I really love your style. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Wendy! This is so well written, it's scary. Never mind the rivalry between Lois and Linda - I want some of whatever you've got.

What's more, it's fun. I like this Clark - he knows his mind, and he's not scared of acting on it. So far, I make it Clark:1 Lois:0. How will the scores stack up after the next part?

Oh, and happy birthday, Pam. smile1

Yvonne

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story. I couldn't stop giggling and grinning even if I wanted to!

I was cheering Clark on and consoling Lois all through it. Can't wait where all of that ends!

It's great that there's this birthday/anniversary fanfic tradition. I just love it. And the stories it produces!

-Sira dance

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I've always liked the Rival. (is that the name of the show?)

This version gives us a strong Lois and Clark, both who don't waste their time overthinking the other's response. Instead they each know what they want and what is important to them.

Now, all they have to do is go on to work things out and get Preston Carpenter so Linda King can leave town.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent! I like that you chose a story that hasn't been written about much (at least I haven't read about it much) and put you're unique, wonderful twist on it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIVKA and PAM!! dance

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE! Cake and champagne all around!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

I love the way you changed things, I like it more than the original one thumbsup

I can´t wait to read the next part clap

Happy birthday, Pam and Rivka!
And happy anniversary, everyone!!! party

Karla

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Oh wow, great story thumbsup !!

Next part please! wave

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
clap clap clap
One of my favourite S1 episode! I loved S1's glimpses of Lois' feelings for Clark, which she tried to suffocate, above all because in the show she hadn't a clear grasp of her own feelings; but your Lois is more conscious of them, and in the presence of a possible danger, she resolves to act. Good for you, Lois!
When your next post, Wendy? wink

Simona smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Why do most nice stories have more than 1 part smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, you know what I think, O Master of Angsty Waffiness (or is that Waffy Angst?). Once again you brought tears to my eyes, and you chose the very line that brought me so close to crying as a final line for this part.

“She’s not going to steal me away from you, Lois.”
mecry

Wow.

Great stopping point, btw! Wait, shouldn't say that aloud. laugh

Happy Birthday, Pam and Rivka! party

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy

This is great. Don't make us wait too long for the next part! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi all! smile

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked part 1 of this - and I hope that Pam and Rivka enjoy it too when they see it. goofy It's fun taking less-frequently-adapted episodes and tweaking them a little. Watching The Rival again the other day, as I did with Fly Hard, it struck me how many nice moments those episodes had, even along with the ones which made me go arrgh!!.

Of course, there's the moment where Lois barges into Clark's apartment after he quits the Planet, because she wants to know what he's up to - she finds Perry there and discovers the plan, and says this:
Lois: You mean I've been going through all these feelings for nothing?

Clark: What feelings?

Lois: Forget it. I'm not feeling them anymore.
Arrrrgh!!! goofy I'd better go and post it!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! smile1 A birthday story! For me! smile Wendy, I saw you'd posted and couldn't figure out why I hadn't heard about this story yet... goofy

This is great. It's so Lois to have the truth slip out and then not have the faintest idea what to do about it. And *thank* you for keeping Clark from being nasty! I always hated that...

So, where's part 2?

PJ
not impatient or anyth-- oh, who am I kidding? wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Wendy! This is so much better than the original ep! I especially like this line:

He couldn’t possibly go through with the plan now. She’d already experienced too many acts of betrayal from people she’d trusted and cared about.
I'm so glad Clark understands. thumbsup

Off to read part 2!

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
*sigh* You know, Wendy... If you guilt trip me into reading *all* the stories of yours that I haven't read (which isn't too many, I think), I'll never have time to finish that sequel of mine. wink

Anyway... Since this one's only two parts and I enjoy doing the fdk thing, here ya go: wink

Clark Kent stared at his partner, dumbfounded. Had someone kidnapped Lois Lane and replaced her with Cat Grant while his attention was distracted?
LOL!!

Open hostility towards Linda, both to the other woman’s face and to him, was also to be expected, together with an undercurrent of possessiveness - but not, of course, because Lois was jealous.
*snicker* Of course not. wink

That would absolutely guarantee the end result they’d planned for, and quicker than he’d expected.

But... Lois had said he was taken.

Lois had implied that he was taken by her.

How could he ignore what that meant to him? Even if she’d only said it as a tactic to make Linda stop coming on to him. Even if she’d retract it once they were alone.
Awwwww!!!

“I’m sorry, Linda.” Turning to Lois, he gave her a blazing smile and reached for her hand. “Like Lois said, we’re seeing each other.”

Lois gasped. And Linda looked shocked.
*snicker* Go Clark!

“Anyway,” he continued, getting to his feet, “I’ll be happy to walk you to the station, Linda. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes, honey,” he added to Lois.

The last thing he saw, as he walked out of the Press Club with Linda, was Lois’s wide-eyed, almost thunderstruck, expression.
ROTFL!!!! "Honey?!" laugh

Lois sighed. It was even possible that, by staking a claim on Clark, she’d only presented Linda with more of a challenge. Now, instead of just flirting with Clark, she’d go all out to steal him away.

She was probably starting right now...
Awww!!!

Honey...

Oh, god. Oh, god...
Go ahead, Lois, admit it! Admit how much you loved the way that sounded coming from him!! smile1

Sara (who's off to see if she can fdk part 2 before Wendy sees this... she seems to have an uncanny sixth sense about this sort of thing... perk of being evil? huh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard