Next Thread
Print Thread
#200759 09/03/04 02:51 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Last week, TV Guide ran an article featuring actors who are coming back to TV in the new season. Guess which two of our favorites were included...

TERI HATCHER

That was then: As sex bomb Lois Lane on "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," she could melt the Man of Steel.

This is now: She's "Desperate Housewives'" resident hopeless romantic, a very fetching single mom named Susan.

Between then and now: She worked in movies (such as "Spy Kids") and telefilms ("Running Mates," "Jane Doe"), appeared in a ton of sassy RadioShack commercials (with Howie Long) and played mom to her 6-year-old daughter, Emerson (whose dad is Hatcher's ex-husband, Jon Tenney). "The most important, valuable and challenging thing I've done is motherhood," she says.

What I like about my new character: "She's not suave. She's trying really hard, but she can't quite get it right. All her little plans just go askew. She's the least lucky person you'll want to meet."

If the old TV character squared off against the new one, who'd win? Susan, because "mothers are just tougher."

~*~*~*~

DEAN CAIN

That was then: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...Cain as that very buff guy on '90s favorite "Lois & Clark."

This is now: Plays baseball star Conrad Dean on CBS' "Clubhouse," a drama about a teen who becomes a batboy for a hot New York team. "I'm basically playing Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez or Mike Piazza," he says.

Between then and now: He hosted TBS' "Ripley's Believe or Not," starred in a slew of indie films and became a proud papa to Christopher, now 4. "I thought this was a good way to be on TV and not have to work 18-hour days," says Cain, who's enjoying being a supporting player.

What I like about my new character: "I was a pro athlete, so I know the lifestyle, and it's not a far stretch for me," says Cain, who was signed by the Buffalo Bills before being sidelined by a knee injury in 1989. "But it's still interesting. This character is not a typical good guy. He may come off that way, but you're going to find out who he really is. He has his flaws, even though he's a hero in this kid's
eyes."

If the old TV character squared off against the new one, who'd win? Cain says a face-off between the red-caped hero and the blue-capped hero is no contest: "Superman beats everybody."

dance

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#200760 09/03/04 04:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great article!

She's not suave
rotflol
So true, unfortunately!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#200761 09/03/04 11:25 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Great article; thanks so much for posting it. (Were there any photos? <g>)

I'm very excited they are both back on TV. I plan on checking out both shows. Both shows are also getting good reviews, so let's hope for once that means something. (And judging by the photo I came across in a magazine, of Dean in his Eddie Bauer (?) ad campaign, he's lookin' GOOD!)

What I think I liked best about the articles is that the mag was so positive about what they've both been doing lately. And I love "90's favorite, Lois & Clark"! clap 'Bout time we get some respect. wink

Teri is wrong, though, when she says that her new character could take Lois ... I haven't seen the show, but like Dean said, "Superman beats everybody" ... and we all know that Lois Lane is Superman's hero. smile

Kathy

#200762 09/03/04 03:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There were photos, very nice ones I might add. I bought an extra copy of it and have been showing it to everybody. ("Wanna know why I bought this? Guess... okay we have Dean... and we have Teri! YAYYYY!") wink

Molly
#200763 09/09/04 05:04 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dean & Teri are in TV Guide once again this week in cool pics for their respective new shows. Both article/text/blurb thingies (just like 2 weeks ago) mention L&C! I think it went on sale today, so go get a copy or two if you're interested. smile

Oh yes, this is the Fall Preview issue.

Molly

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard