Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
... it's SuperKid.

Here's my son on his way to victory and a new course record in an 8K Eurocross last Saturday. He got dinner for two at Outback too. He hasn't told me yet when he's taking me to eat. rotflol

Eurocross winner

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congrats!!! Wow, good looking, too! Can I meet him?? wink
--Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Wanda Detroit:
Congrats!!! Wow, good looking, too! Can I meet him?? wink
--Wanda
LOL, ditto.

That's exciting! Congrats!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm currently accepting bids. laugh As far as I know he's unattached. He mentioned that the girl he used to date has moved to Alaska to work on a fishing boat.

Marilyn
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wanda Detroit, 5'5", SWF, 23, brown hair, green eyes, S3-4 Lois Lane hairdo, seeks Super Man who can run faster than she can.... wink

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Congrats, Marilyn!

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WTG, Superkid! (Adam, right?) I remember you bragging on his running smile Be sure to let him know he's getting congratulated from all around the world!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yep, that's Adam. He's a rising senior in college (where did the time go?). His older brother graduated from college last month with a double major in Architecture and Interior Architecture, got engaged in April, and moved to Atlanta a few weeks ago to start his new job with a mid-size architectural firm. Did I ask where the time went already? laugh How can I have children who are 21 and 25 when I'm only 29?

Marilyn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congrats!!!!! thumbsup dance

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Congrats Adam!!

some questions:
Why do they call it the Eurocross when you live in Alabama?
Also, this Outback resturant,is it Aussie? What do they serve? I'm thinking Kangaroo, emu, damper and billy cans. And if they are a top class resturant they would have vegemite on toast laugh
wink

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
According to my son, a lot of the cross country races in Europe include barriers to hurdle so that's why that race was called a Eurocross. They had not only the hay bales to jump over, but a creek to ford as well. It made it a little harder than just running.

Outback restaurants are as American as apple pie. They serve beef, chicken and shrimp, in HUGE portions, along with an appetizer called a Blooming Onion. It's an onion dipped in batter and deep-fried. No vegemite on toast frown . I just wish I could find someplace around here that sells the Mighty Mite. Once I learned how to eat it properly, I love it! I also wish I could find TimTams. Oh lordy they are heavenly.

You can learn more about Outback Steakhouse here .

Marilyn
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh my gosh, Tim Tams!!!! Those are amazing. And Flake. Oh my gosh. One of the girls in the Neural Engineering center with a desk across from mine is an Aussie, and she sometimes brings the candy in for the other students. Do you have any World Market stores there? Sometimes I can find Tim Tams there if I am lucky.

According to my sister, Outback Steakhouse is actually owned by the same large corporation as her restaurant, Lonestar Stakehouse. (She is a server there whose life seems to revolve around it.) Interestingly, she has said that there are no Outback restaurants in Autralia, and no Lonestar restaurants in Texas.

Oh, and Congratulations, Adam.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know Flake. But what are Tim Tams???
--Wanda
PS: Laura, (re: your signature quote) I love StrongBad!! laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
TimTams here .

They are to die for. An Australian author sent me a package after I moderated a chat for her. I'll moderate for her any time if it will garner more of these delicious treats. thumbsup

Marilyn
Merriwether
Merriwether
There seems to be a company in Washington state that will ship Tim Tams anywhere in the U.S.

And apparently some small fraction are kosher (those are only available in Israel and Sydney, but may become more widespread), so I'll have to keep my eyes open for those. They look GOOD.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow! TimTams and Vegemite!

Marilyn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
cross country races in Europe include barriers to hurdle so that's why that race was called a Eurocross
ahhh so kinda like a steeplechase.

The fact that Tim Tams are not readily available world wide is just wrong! smile
Marilyn, when you get your next tim tams be sure to try the timtam suck. Take a bite off opposite corners then use your timtam like a straw when drinking a hot beverage. Oh and look out for Tia Maria Tim Tams, very YUM! smile

Blogger
Blogger
I can personally recommend the chewy caramel and the double coat tim tams - Yummy drool

"Certainty of Death. Little chance of success.... What are we waiting for?"

Gimli - Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
double coat
YES! A couple of friends and I downed a whole pack today while veggin out on the couch watching Buffy and Angel dvd's all day laugh

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard