Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Isn't that so funny? That people view stuff so differently? What a wonderful world...

I've liked this third installment the best so far. Not that I didn't enjoy the first two, only that this felt more like a movie to me. I liked the darkness of the film, the way the director incorporated the outdoors which really added to the mythical magic feel of Hogwarts and it's remote location, at least for me anyway.

Also, I can really see improvement in the acting abilities of the three lead actors - Dan, Rupert and Emma. In the first two movies, especially Dan seemed to spend more time "reacting" to things than acting. He did a lot of standing around. In this latest installment, I thought all three did an amazing job, and even more than ever I hope they are willing to stick around for all seven movies (and that they retain "baby faces" so they don't age past the ages of Harry, Ron and Hermione).

My only complaint about the third movie - it wasn't long enough. And perhaps with another thirty or forty-five minutes, some of the problems of disjointedness might have been solved. Because I do see what you mean - time seemed to jump forward in far too massive of segments, which made it seem that huge sections of the book had been discarded.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved it. Thought it was better than the first two- though I liked those, as well. But this one felt really magical, had this really dreamy, dangerous, otherworldly quality to it that I felt the first two- which were so factual to the book- lacked.

And I loved Hogwarts inside and out. How the grounds and Hagrid's hut, the castle with the portraits on the walls, swinging staircases are just great characters in themselves.

The double decker bus ride through London. That first flight on Buckbeak. Awesome.

And, too, that the actor who plays Harry Potter really grew into the role in this one. Makes sense that after three years of wizarding and all he's faced, Harry would be more confident, more emotional, and would act more than just react. But this time around Daniel was Harry Potter for me, not just some actor standing in.

Ok. That's my spill. JK Rowling- pure genius. Would just love a peek inside her head. Such a richly detailed universe stuffed in there.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Just to add for those of you who haven't heard yet... the next Harry Potter book will be called 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince'. And I can not wait for it to be published, but think that it will be a while yet.

Oh and CC, JK Rowling has a excellent website that she actually writes herself. Which include lots of snipits on how, where and why she came up with Harry and his whole universe.

Harry Potter - JK Rowling

Enjoy!

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard