Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I’ve always been a huge fan of spooky ghost stories, so I enjoyed this episode for the ghost storyline. I probably would have enjoyed it even more had there been a few more scary scenes, but given that this was a family friendly show, I understand why the frights were kept to a minimum. Still, though, I did think that Katie possessing Lois was a pretty good scene.

I also think that fans of “The Drew Carey Show” are more likely to count this episode among their favorites of the series than other people are. I think that both Drew Carey and Kathy Kinney both did an acceptable job in their roles, but given that I’ve only seen some of “The Drew Carey Show,” their casting never caught my attention the way that casting Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford of “The Jeffersons,” a show I’m more familiar with, did in “Season’s Greedings.”

I also enjoyed the Lois and Clark scenes in this one, especially the last scene. I liked seeing Lois finally succeeding in cooking something good for her husband, and Clark’s initial reaction to Lois’ meal was the funniest scene of the episode.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Episode-related fanfic - very little. And I mean *very* little. There is a grand total of one (1) fanfic in the Archive Database with a keyword of "Episode-Related: Ghosts". This is Have A Little Faith In Me by Erica Dias.

Sometimes I remember bits of fanfics that refer to a particular episode, even if they don't have the "Episode-Related" keyword. But I don't remember any such for "Ghosts".

by Lois_Lane_Fan:
I liked seeing Lois finally succeeding in cooking something good for her husband.
This is not related to "Ghosts" but Sue S. does have a great little moment in Ricochet , her fic where 1995 Lois and 1998 Lois switch places. In this scene, 1998 Lois is cooking dinner for 1995 Clark:
Clark raised his glass in a salute. "This was really, really good," he told Lois. "I take back all the times I mocked your cooking."

"Maybe I called your mom and asked for the recipe." Lois smiled as she thought about how it had taken five successive Sundays and a couple of frantic phone calls before she had mastered Martha's recipe for roast chicken.
Even Sue S. has to put Season Four Lois back into Season One to make the fic have some zing. Season Four has much less good banter, much less UST. Not as fun as S1 and S2 at all. frown

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Season Four has much less good banter, much less UST. Not as fun as S1 and S2 at all. frown
I agree the USTiest (UST = Unresolved Sexual Tension, BTW) episode of S4 is probably "AKA Superman".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, realistically, could they have much unresolved sexual tension in Season 4.

I actually think they were wise to move onto the issue of having children fairly qucikly, even if it was probably rushing that issue for Lois and Clark to be so worried about the issue when they had only been married a few months.

I actually like Season 4 a lot. Maybe I should try my hand at some season 4 rewrites.

John Pack Lambert
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Season Four has much less good banter, much less UST. Not as fun as S1 and S2 at all. frown
I agree. That's one of the reasons why, though I enjoyed the full run of the show, seasons one and two are my favorite seasons.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I don't know about that, I always thought the episodes ran a little hot and cold. "Sex, Lies and Photographs," for example is possibly the hottest of the whole series both in terms of UST and RST. I thnk I remember a little of the Lex jr arc being a bit on the UST side as well. I DO think the UST in theLuthor jr arc was kind of overshadowed by the angst, however as was much of season four it seemed like.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say I really hated the Luther Jr. arc the first time around, to the point I skipped forward at points.

However when I re-watched it I realized something. For all the amount I loved Lois mother "I love you" to Clark and out-maneuvering Lex Jr. with it, I do not think it mattered. I think Clark would have still done exactly the same things, because he knew the truth about Lois, he had learned from the wedding disaster that Lois always wanted him, even if she seemed not to at times.

I have to say the Luthor Jr. Acr was much easier to stand than the Wedding Arc. I was quite frustrated by the Clark prevented from making the hotel, and I am not sure his not directly calling Lois made sense, but at least they resolved that during that episode. It was not still hanging over us when the next episode started.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard