Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
This episode marks the first time we saw Teri Hatcher’s second haircut. Like with the haircut she introduced at the beginning of season three, I really wasn’t a huge fan. I much prefer the bob, which is the look I usually imagine whenever I think about Lois.

One of the things that came to my mind as I watched this episode last night was that this is a rare example of Lois and Clark working on separate stories. True, it was all connected in the end, but episodes of this show usually revolved around Lois and Clark working as partners on the same story. I’m not saying this was any better or worse than what they usually did. It’s just an observation.

Lois and Clark befriending another couple made for an interesting storyline. I enjoy seeing Lois and Clark trying to do things like a normal couple would even though we all know they’re anything but a normal couple. One of the good things about Lois and Clark being married during this last season is that it allowed the writers to explore how they’d handle the things normal married couples usually do.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was looking for some fanfics based on this episode and could not find any at all listed in the Archive Database with a keyword of "Episode-Related" to this episode.

Michael Haney has a fic, Just One Bad Day Away where "Deadshot" makes an appearance. Deadshot was hired by Deathstroke, who in this fic is Slade Wilson. I like that Batman makes a cameo appearance as well.

And Ultracape, over on Annesplace.net, in the nfic section, wrote Endurance Testing , where Clark's heart is affected by Deathstroke's powers. Smut is involved. smile I looked for this on the nfic boards of this website but could not find it here.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
IIRC, Ultracape had left the fandom long before we set up these boards. Her nfic stories might be found in the nfic section of Zoomway's boards.

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked this episode, although it seemed a bit odd that they were going on a double date with Grant Gandell and his new girlfriend at the end, and then we never even hear of him again.

They used the different stories angle again later on during the fouth season. It did make sense. How many stories really require work from both Lois and Clark?

Although since Clark often gets SM exclusives on his own, I am not sure it seems him and Lois work together as much as it might to us.

I guess on the other hand, the type of stories that dominate episodes are generally two-person stories.

Although it was Lois alone who covered the trial in Ides of Metropolis. Also, in a case like "Just Say Noah", it started out as Lois' story, and Clark really only gets dragged into it because she cannot infiltrate Smiley's marriage institute all on her own.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
There was a story where Bob and Carol are not the bad guys and it is someone else connected with Grant Gandell who is causing the problems. I do not remember what it was called, but it did have bob, Carol and Grant Gandell as major characters.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard