Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Is it just me or does Clark seem to be enjoying Luthor's pain when he was pouring that stuff on his wound? Thought I saw kind of a smirk.... devil

Keep it sweet
Keep it hot
Keep it Super
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by keepitsuper:
Is it just me or does Clark seem to be enjoying Luthor's pain when he was pouring that stuff on his wound? Thought I saw kind of a smirk.... evil

I just found this blurb on tannins:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From askdefine.com :
<strong>Tannins not only heal burns and stop bleeding, but they also stop infection while they continue to heal the wound internally. The ability of tannins to form a protective layer over the exposed tissue keeps the wound from being infected even more.
I guess Clark could've learned his medicinal treatment of Lex's wounds from a Borneo medicine man.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I guess Clark could've learned his medicinal treatment of Lex's wounds from a Borneo medicine man. [/QB]
Ahh, but the acid from the orange juice did what? ;D

angel-devil

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Kismatt:
Vitamin C, otherwise known as ascorbic acid. Emphasis on the word *acid* in connection with an open wound -- hence Clark's smirk?

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Originally posted by Kismatt:
Vitamin C, otherwise known as ascorbic acid. Emphasis on the word *acid* in connection with an open wound -- hence Clark's smirk?

Joy,
Lynn
Exactimundo. laugh

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I'll agree with that, but the article on tannins also mentioned them being found in citrus and in peppermint, not just the tea. He needed a liquid to bind together the ingredients otherwise how would it heal the burns from his heat vision? Sure, I guess they could have used water and made a sort of paste, but where's the fun in administering that? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since the money from Dragonetti's vault was found at the Daily Planet, wouldn't it belong to the current owner of the Daily Planet building? Or would the money, earned by ill-gotten gains of Pino Dragonetti and Bill Robertson (Willie), belong to the city of Metropolis? Clearly, Fuentes and his gang don't get the money. Who ended up with the $30 mil?

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Since the money from Dragonetti's vault was found at the Daily Planet, wouldn't it belong to the current owner of the Daily Planet building? Or would the money, earned by ill-gotten gains of Pino Dragonetti and Bill Robertson (Willie), belong to the city of Metropolis? Clearly, Fuentes and his gang don't get the money. Who ended up with the $30 mil?
Maybe it was used by the DP to fix the damage done to the building. :p

(Though I suppose the damage was minor enough not to cost quite that much to fix.)

I would have expected a security guard to have undergone a background check before he was hired. How did they miss that Willy had just gotten out of jail for murder? Doesn't Perry make some comment about having recommended him for the job? How does Perry know him, anyway?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Maybe it was used by the DP to fix the damage done to the building. :p

(Though I suppose the damage was minor enough not to cost quite that much to fix.)
There was damage to the floor in Perry's office and the office below his in Advertising. I doubt that was $30 Mil to fix unless LexCo Construction was on the job.

I would have expected a security guard to have undergone a background check before he was hired. How did they miss that Willy had just gotten out of jail for murder? Doesn't Perry make some comment about having recommended him for the job? How does Perry know him, anyway?
I would think so too. Perry doesn't say how he came to know Willie; it's possible that Willie sought him out and pretended to strike up a conversation with him, and mentioned that he needed a job. Back ground checks weren't as prevalent back then as they are now, but I would think HR would've done a better job than that with a security guard, unless they had the same biases that Perry did. Old People = All Nice sweet grandparents. It's also possible that Willie fudged his background a bit on the application process or HR waved the background check due to Perry's recommendation.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think the money would be seized by metropolis as the proceeds of crime. The one possible issue is that if statues of limitation have run, it might not be possible to still cease them on those grounds.

The best explanation for highering Willie is that night time security at the planet is a low priority. Willie seems to be mostly a glorified night watch man, and so I guess they are still on that old view of things. Considering he has only been out of jail for ten months, and had a first degree murder conviction, and on the other hand he does carry a gun on the job, it does seem a bit amazing that he got it.

One possibility is that Willie got the job under a false ID. He posed as someone else who recently died, whose death he managed to cover up, so when they ran the background on Willie Bentley they got evidence he has been a fine, upstanding citizen for all 80+ years of his life.

It is either that, or background checks were really low priority in the early 1990s. However since he carries a gun on the job, I think they would have to run some sort of check.

John Pack Lambert
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard