Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#194733 04/26/12 07:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mrs. Luthor and I were yammering about something the other day, wherein William Shatner was mentioned (I forget the context) and somehow came across this evil thought...

What if William Shatner had been cast to play "Trask"?

It was too delicious a morsel not to share. Enjoy.

evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194734 04/26/12 08:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh, my friend and I used to play this game all the time in college. Interesting thought.

Patrick Stewart as Lex maybe? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194735 04/27/12 11:12 AM
Kerth
Kerth
DeForrest Kelley as Perry - "Damn it, Lois, I'm an editor not a relationship consultant!"

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#194736 04/27/12 12:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
DeForrest Kelley as Perry - "Damn it, Lois, I'm an editor not a relationship consultant!"
clap rotflol Perfect!

All righty then, I'm sensing a Star Trek theme going on here. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194737 05/01/12 11:05 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
DeForrest Kelley? "Fascinating," said the pointy-eared alien. smile

Fran Drescher for Lana Lang? "CLAAAARRRRRKK!"

I think the hardest character to recast would be my all-time favorite...Who would play Mindy?

Shallowford
#194738 05/01/12 11:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Fran Drescher for Lana Lang? "CLAAAARRRRRKK!"
I don't know what is scarier, Fran Drescher as Lana or Fran Drescher as a blonde? shock

VirginiaR.
---
#194739 05/01/12 12:51 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Who would play Mindy?
Pam Dawber? peep

Seriously, though, how about Farah Fawcett?

I could see John Kapelos ("Schanke" from Forever Knight) playing Ralph.

Ed Asner for Perry.

A teenage Ron Howard for Jimmy.

(Why, yes. I *did* grow up watching TV in the 1970s. How did you know? wink )

Joy,
Lynn

#194740 05/01/12 04:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What about Lucy Lawless as Lois? confused

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194741 05/01/12 05:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
What about Lucy Lawless as Lois? confused
I'm guessing she'd love that role, but who would be man enough to be her Clark Kent? confused For some reason she seems more Wonder Woman material to me.

VirginiaR.
---
#194742 05/01/12 06:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] What about Lucy Lawless as Lois? confused
I'm guessing she'd love that role, but who would be man enough to be her Clark Kent? confused For some reason she seems more Wonder Woman material to me. [/b]
Good points all around. laugh If the late Kevin Smith (NZ actor that played Ares) was still alive, he could be her Clark. Those two lit up the screen together in Xena.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#194743 05/01/12 06:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As a complete aside... :rolleyes:

Good points all around. laugh If the late Kevin Smith (NZ actor that played Ares) was still alive, he could be her Clark. Those two lit up the screen together in Xena.
Lawless was wonderful as Greystoke's (somewhat evil) mother in that VERY short lived series, I believe, entitled 'Tarzan & Jane'. I was one of possibly two people who actually enjoyed that show. :p Hmmmm. I'm sensing a trend here. wink

VirginiaR.
---
#194744 05/01/12 06:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
As a complete aside... :rolleyes:

[b]Good points all around. laugh If the late Kevin Smith (NZ actor that played Ares) was still alive, he could be her Clark. Those two lit up the screen together in Xena.
Lawless was wonderful as Greystoke's (somewhat evil) mother in that VERY short lived series, I believe, entitled 'Tarzan & Jane'. I was one of possibly two people who actually enjoyed that show. :p Hmmmm. I'm sensing a trend here. wink [/b]
Huh. I wasn't aware that actually made it to tv. I had heard about it once, but never saw it on tv, and just assumed that it died in development hell.

How about...Neil Patrick Harris as Jimmy?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#194745 05/01/12 07:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh. I wasn't aware that actually made it to tv. I had heard about it once, but never saw it on tv, and just assumed that it died in development hell.
See, one of two people who actually watched the show - a total of 8(or 9) episodes. I mostly remembered a buff shirtless guy climbing around buildings in NYC and stalking/assisting a beautiful, yet hard-nosed police detective named Jane, with whom he had fallen in love. (And my hubby :rolleyes: every time I turned it on.) Anyway, I knew it as "Tarzan & Jane" but everywhere I've looked (it's not even available on Netflix! what a shame) it's known as just "Tarzan" ... Oooh. I found the Pilot on YouTube! (I don't think Lucy L's in Episode 1 though.)

How about...Neil Patrick Harris as Jimmy?
clap Or should that be Suits (as in the Blue Suit).

I don't know if it's legal for Jimmy to be part of the Evil League of Evil and still be Clark Kent's best buddy though. Have you seen Dr. Horrible ? (language warning) evil

VirginiaR.
---
#194746 05/01/12 09:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
See, one of two people who actually watched the show - a total of 8(or 9) episodes. I mostly remembered a buff shirtless guy climbing around buildings in NYC and stalking/assisting a beautiful, yet hard-nosed police detective named Jane, with whom he had fallen in love. (And my hubby every time I turned it on.) Anyway, I knew it as "Tarzan & Jane" but everywhere I've looked (it's not even available on Netflix! what a shame) it's known as just "Tarzan" ... Oooh. I found the Pilot on YouTube! (I don't think Lucy L's in Episode 1 though.)
rotflol Might have to check it out when I'm not half asleep. I get the :rolleyes: from my husband everytime I put on L&C or Xena though, so I knew your pain well!

I don't know if it's legal for Jimmy to be part of the Evil League of Evil and still be Clark Kent's best buddy though. Have you seen Dr. Horrible? (language warning)
I actually have not seen it. :p

Oooh...Will Ferrell as The Prankster?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#194747 05/03/12 10:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just between us, I have L&C, Smallville and Xena all on my hard drive and I take my laptop with me to work every day. I watch and episode of something at lunchtime almost every day. It also helps when I'm transcribing an episode.

How about Drew Barrymore as Lucy?

J-Wow as Cat?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#194748 05/03/12 12:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Just between us, I have L&C, Smallville and Xena all on my hard drive and I take my laptop with me to work every day. I watch and episode of something at lunchtime almost every day. It also helps when I'm transcribing an episode.

How about Drew Barrymore as Lucy?

J-Wow as Cat?
Pssst! Ken...

Whoosh has an episode guide for Xena. Some of the episodes have transcripts links within them. Instead of you transcribing them all on your own. Not that I am discouraging any Xena viewing! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#194749 05/04/12 02:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm in the middle of season 5 of Xena.

I have only been transcribing L&C.

I haven't gotten into writing crossovers yet. Too busy with the Chronicles.

kj
#194750 05/04/12 04:01 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Ken,

Scripts for L&C are available right here on this web site. It is true that they don't agree 100% with the televised version, but they are pretty close. If nothing else, you could use them as a starting point for your transcriptions. Using them would be a whole lot faster than typing everything from scratch.

Joy,
Lynn

#194751 05/04/12 04:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I try to go beyond the script and add facial expressions and other nuances that well may be lacking in the script.

If you look at post 1 of Borrowed Time you will see what I mean.

kj
#194752 05/04/12 05:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
I try to go beyond the script and add facial expressions and other nuances that well may be lacking in the script.
I agree with Ken. There's a lot that the actor brings to the scene that you don't get from just the script. thumbsup I, too, prefer when re-doing whole or even partial scenes to look at the DVDs rather than the script. It's amazing what other motivations and thoughts you can put to different facial expressions and gestures. evil As I heard recently in my parenting class - one must listen with both one's eyes and ears for 3/4 of what is said is non-verbal. (Which is why laughing when you hear your 4 year old innocently swear <<cough>> repeat what he has heard elsewhere, but doesn't know what it means <<cough>> for the first time is a bad idea. Of course, not laughing may take super-human strength that some of us do not possess. wink )

For a line or two of dialogue the scripts are a great tool, though. It can be frustrating though to check the script for a line of dialogue and not find it there, because it was an ad-lib or a last minute change. wallbash

I thought Michael McKean did a great job as Perry White in the S3? episode of Smallville. He made the character more well-rounded and human than some of the movie versions of Perry White.

Ed Asner for Perry.
Ed Asner DID play Perry White as well, in "All-Star Superman".

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard