Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#185861 11/16/06 03:57 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi! I need help, guys. Season 3 of LnC is still not available in Sri Lanka, and I probably will have to wait six or seven months to get Season 4 as well. I’ve a feeling I’ll go stark staring nuts before then, so I’m going to ask my Mum to buy them for me. She’s in Scotland right now and will be coming home in Jan.
Can you FoLCs in Scotland please tell me whether they are available in your country yet, and at what they are priced?
(And no, ordering on-line is not in my budget.)
Thanks loads,
Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#185862 11/16/06 04:09 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, they're out in the UK, Hasini. The retail price is apparently £41, but no way would I pay that. S4 is currently £29.99 and S3 £24.97 on Amazon UK, but you could probably do even better than that on the high street with a little shopping around.

I haven't bought anything on the high street for years, but last time I did the best place to shop for DVDs was WH Smith or music stores like Virgin or HMV.

The UK comes under Region 2 for DVDs. Not sure which Region Sri Lanka falls into. So you may need a Region-free DVD player in order to play any you bought here.

Since your mom will be in Scotland until January, perhaps it might be possible for her to order them online from Amazon and get them delivered to her here? Amazon would usually deliver well before January, I think.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#185863 11/16/06 04:25 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
No way could I spend that much on DVDs! I might wait until it arrives here after all, then. a Season only costs Rs 1800 here. That's about 18 dollars!
Thanks Labrat!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#185864 11/16/06 04:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, they don't call us Rip Off UK for nothing. Now you know why - so far - all four seasons remain very firmly on my wish list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#185865 11/23/06 08:17 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Here they cost € 40 at Bol.com, and in the stores they are about 10% more expensive... frown Buuuuut Christmas is coming up! laugh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard