Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, this is so good! Thank you for the gift, this is wonderful! I was giggling all the way through it.

After all, Clark couldn’t be bothered to spend his last evening in Metropolis before Christmas with her. So she sure as hell was not going to sit around at home on her own, as if she had nothing better to do merely because her partner and best friend had plans.
Aww, poor Lois. Ya know, there's always barging in his plans. But since you can't do that, this is a good alternative!

Before he could finish the word, Black PVC Guy had reached past Lois and grabbed him one-handed by the throat.
*cackle* If you're having problems the force-choke, then a hand choke will work just as well!

“Subliminal programming,” her partner deadpanned. “Uploaded to our brains every night as we sleep. The Empire doesn’t like wasting time.”
*giggle* That would be too funny.

Date Darth Vader? an incredulous little voice asked her.
Well, she *did* date Lex, so I guess that's close enough. But I have a feeling this would turn out much much better. wink

Well, why not? It was only a costume, after all. And, okay, it was a geekish kind of costume, but the man wearing it didn’t appear to be a geek in reality. He was more than capable of laughing at himself. Plus, he seemed to be intelligent, witty and knowledgeable...

... like Lex had been intelligent and knowledgeable, even if not quite so witty, she remembered.
Wrong guy! Wrong guy! Compare him to someone else you know that's funny and dances well!!

Stop imagining you see bits of Lex in every man you could be halfway interested in! she told herself furiously.

Clark was intelligent. And very funny. And considerate... well, when he wasn’t blowing her off to spend time with Mayson Doe-Eyes Drake.

I will not think about Clark!
Hrmph. Fine, then I will. :p Can't you just see it? Silly Lois.

And I love the conversation about their respective loves. I just wonder if Vader knows who Ms. Anthony is underneath? The fact that he's being close to her kind of seems that way... but you never know.

I can't wait for the rest of this!

BTW, someone needs to tell Lois that there's nothing wrong with Bing!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile

What a cute story so far. I couldn't figure out exactly what the PVC stuff was about at first, and then I rolled over laughing when I saw the Darth Vadar picture! I, too, wonder if Vadar knows who his dancing partner is...RAFO!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
hi

This is a great story....I like it very much.
Please post the next part ASAP ´cause I can not wait for long.

Karla

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
This seems like a great little treat for this time of the year. I loved everything, the way you give the background to Lois suffering at a Christmas party, her choice of costume and her encounter with “Black PVC Guy”. rotflol

Here are some of the bits that made me LOL:
At least, she thought, he’d had the good sense to leave the cape at home. That really would have been over the top.
A science-fiction geek with a sense of humour? Stifling a grin, Lois replied, “Well, I’ve never danced with an evil interplanetary overlord before, so I guess I could give it a try.”
Date Darth Vader? an incredulous little voice asked her.
This is where I stopped copying so that I won’t end up quoting 70% of your post.

One thing I didn’t really understand, and this is very probably due to the late hour is:
She was very well aware that, for almost an entire year, she’d known that he was attracted to her, but she’d barely given him the time of day.
I’m confused since if this refers to Clark’s declaration when Lois considered Lex’s marriage proposal I think the time frame should be about 6 months and if this refers to the start of Lois and Clark’s relationship it should be longer than a year.

But again, maybe it’s just me and my exhaustion.
Bring on part 2, like, now!
Avia wink

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“No.” She smiled wryly at the thought. “He does wear glasses, though.”
laugh

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, fun! Loved the witty banter -- although, Wendy, I suspect John helped you out a bit with the sci-fi geek stuff <g>

So... this guy is much too nice and, well, *sane* to be Lex, and not corny enough to be Scardino... So the big question really is, does he know who she is... and I can't really think that he doesn't.

Greatly looking forward to the next two parts! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh this is so much fun! Love the banter and them dancing so perfectly together. Um Lois? D'uh!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh a birthday fic for us December people! YAY! Thank you Wendy, what a wonderful birthday present. This is such a cute story! I am thinking that Darth knows exactly who she is, after all if Darth is Clark, he can sense her heartbeat and her smell, despite her mask. But I love that Lois is clueless and yet something in her senses that this guy is OK. Great job so far, I am looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol
oooo boy that got me going. I love the part! I hope to see the next part soon.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Kerth
Kerth
eek

Ditto Pam... John's hand is in here wink I don't see you as SW fan laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is just simply great! I'm still grinning like a fool.

Well, as to Darth Vader's identity... for a while I feared it was Scardino, then at the end... I just hope it's who I think it is. On the other hand, who will he be under the Darth Vader guise?

Gahhh! Please post soon the other two parts! I can't wait!

Sira - hyper

S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Aww,sooo beautiful!
Thak you, Wendy
Sil

Top Banana
Top Banana
If Darth Vader's not Clark, I'll eat my hat. And if Clark doesn't know that Ms Anthony is Lois, I'll eat my scarf as well. laugh

Very nice, Wendy, and a lot of fun. Kaylle did you proud with all that Star Wars stuff - unless you've been keeping a dark secret from us all.

So, now Clark knows that Lois is agonising about a man in glasses...hmmm. Only guy I remember in L&C who wore glasses was Clark himself. Ooh.... wink

Yvonne

Features Writer
Features Writer
AWWW Wendy {{{{{{{{{Wendy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for remembering. laugh

This story is so funny, but I can't stop thinking that if it isn't Clark and Lois.... this would be a huge twisted MLTV.. LOL Forgive me but my dark side is craving for something like that. wink

The woman was ugly by the way. I wouldn't be attracked to someone like that. And Darth... well... I like men wearing black laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Thank you all very much indeed! I'm so pleased that you liked this first part! goofy I loathe Star Trek with a vengeance. wink However, I have actually seen all three original SW films, two of them twice. So I know my Evil Empire from my resistance, and my R2D2 from C3PO. laugh However, Kaylle was very helpful when I needed to check my somewhat fuzzy memory on a couple of things. As for the other SF references, I used to watch Doctor Who regularly (favourite Doctors were Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker wink ), and it's hard to live in the same house as an ST fan and not pick up a couple of references. wink

So... who is Darth?

At first a thought he could be Luthor then he act like Scardino than Clark.
this guy is much too nice and, well, *sane* to be Lex, and not corny enough to be Scardino...
Well, as to Darth Vader's identity... for a while I feared it was Scardino, then at the end... I just hope it's who I think it is. On the other hand, who will he be under the Darth Vader guise?
If Darth Vader's not Clark, I'll eat my hat.
LOL! Well, of course, he could be nobody at all that we know. He could really be a complete stranger, just the person Lois needs to make her forget Clark for a few hours and make her feel good about herself. And even give her a few kisses under the mistletoe to remember him by. goofy

But, just on the offchance that it might be Clark...

if Clark doesn't know that Ms Anthony is Lois, I'll eat my scarf as well.
I am thinking that Darth knows exactly who she is, after all if Darth is Clark, he can sense her heartbeat and her smell, despite her mask.
the big question really is, does he know who she is... and I can't really think that he doesn't.
I, too, wonder if Vadar knows who his dancing partner is...RAFO!
I just wonder if Vader knows who Ms. Anthony is underneath? The fact that he's being close to her kind of seems that way... but you never know.
No, you never know, do you, Karen? wink On the other hand, you may just be about to find out. smile

Erica said:

The woman was ugly by the way. I wouldn't be attracked to someone like that.
Ah, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? And just maybe there's a lesson to be learned about seeing beyond the external... wink

Avia asked:
I’m confused since if this refers to Clark’s declaration when Lois considered Lex’s marriage proposal I think the time frame should be about 6 months and if this refers to the start of Lois and Clark’s relationship it should be longer than a year.
Ah; I wasn't actually referencing a specific point in their relationship when I mentioned a year. When Clark told Lois that he loved her, she agreed that she had known. I'm simply going on the assumption that she'd known, or at least been vaguely aware, of his feelings for her for about a year, that's all. smile

Thanks, too, for all the giggles at the humour in this. It's still something I tend to feel that I'm not too good at, so it's always lovely to get some laughs. Much appreciated!!

Okay; well, since I promised an EOD schedule and since I'm being asked very nicely on IRC right now, Part 2 will be up in a couple of minutes.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard