Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What?! Not going to Clark's? razz

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
wow. Continues to impress.

It seems like Superman is turning back into Superman/Clark.

Reminds me of another show - I know you didn't ever see Buffy or Star trek's the enemey within (laughable shatner stuff) - but how about Star Trek TNG - where Riker, due to a transporter accident gets a "duplicate" - and the duplicate has all the memories of the original - thinks he is the original, and ends up joining a terrorist organization (to achieve a greater good, but still... gets tossed in jail, I think).

And then there's Stargate-SG1 - where the entire team ends up getting robot duplicates made of themselves- the robots thinking that they, themselves, are Sg-1... and having to deal with the pain of not being the real team... giving up what htey loved - stargate travevl, etc...

I like this concept - and it's interesting where you are taking it. As superman realizes his bond for his parents and even Lois - the easy welcoming attitude Clark has to his "brother" may become resentful. After all - Superman has the powers now, and could even be a contender with Lois. Gads. The places you can go with this.

Where you do decide to go - that's the best part, not knowing, and anticipating it all.

Keep up the fab fiction!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
daneel: How would Lois explain that? smile

L: Thank you for the much too kind compliments. smile

And once again, you've come up with an episode of something I haven't watched. laugh

I used to watch Star Trek TNG on occasion years ago, although in the reruns I prefer to watch Voyager, but that's just my preference. If it's an older episode, where Riker didn't have a beard, I probably haven't even come across it.

I haven't watched Stargate SG1, except maybe half an episode. wink

Glad clones aren't the only watershed. laugh

As superman realizes his bond for his parents and even Lois - the easy welcoming attitude Clark has to his "brother" may become resentful.
You are quite right with your assesment.
I too have looked at this scenario several times.
However, it would be very difficult even realizing this for Superman to want to complicate matters because he is ethically and morally exceptional.

He is also a lot of what Superman would have been, had he never been grounded as Clark. They are both reaching into two extremes of themselves at this point.

After all - Superman has the powers now, and could even be a contender with Lois.
Certainly you are right about the remark concerning Lois, however Superman, being a pinnacle of everything morally and ethically correct, could never impose his powers in a ruefull manner.

Not in this instance, anyway, he's not a clone. wink Yes, there is a big premise here.

Kudos, keep up the fab pop culture. wink laugh

Maria, thanks. smile

Is he sulking in that scene? I thought I made him look optimistic. It was Lois who was pushing the buttons, so to speak. smile

Ah, we'll see. wink

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
dundan8,

I just wanted to make one thing clear - my comment was confusing. I actually didn't see Superman ever using his powers as a way of "getting Lois". I felt I could see Clark resenting him because

a: Superman has the powers (and despite them being a burden, going from powered to not powered... that has to be emotionally painful)

b: Superman could possibly be a competetor for Lois - even in her own heart. I just see that he's developing a yearning for family and belonging and that despite his best intentions and 'hero high ground', he could still end up drifting towards her, drawn in by her love for him and his need to replace what is now lost for him - or what feels lost.. that sense of belonging that being clark gave him.

However, I understand of cocurse that these are just my interpretations of where this could go. Whereever you take it, I await eagerly!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you for that clarification. I later realized the Clark connotations. Silly me. laugh

Your points are all valid. In the preceeding characterization I've done, Clark actually feels relieved to be human and to actually have a chance at a normal relationship, and secondly, for not having to lie to Lois and everyone else.

He's made his (emotional) amends in the original Duality, will they last? That is the question. wink

He's certainly got his own challenges now, and, is coming to terms about, how it means to be truly human.

B) Superman is definately a competitor for Lois in her own heart.

Without giving anything else away, I hope it will be worth the wait. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard