Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ingra Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
On before telling her he was Superman because he needed to know if she loved the ordinary man. I think this is wrong on so many levels. I know he tried to tell her before, and the proposal might have been an impulse, but I didn't like it. mad

First, if he didn't believe she loved him he shouldn't ask her to marry him, otherwise the proposal would be simply a test and shows he doesn't trust her and won't be honest with the woman he loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with. Second, how can he ask her to marry him without telling her exactly where she is getting into, after all, he is Superman and Lois would be part of the secret.

This probably have been asked before, but if Lois wasn't so infatuated with Superman and had treated Clark better, would he have told her his secret sooner or at least before he proposed to her?

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I've thought about that alot. Oh well, with that problem sorta introduced, it allowed for some furthur plots. To me it demonstated that Clark was really obsessed about the problem.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
As you said Ingra, Clark didn't tell her and his reluctance to tell her the secret did of course almost cost Lois and Clark their relationship. I think this was a rather shallow reason for with holding this information, but I can understand why he did it. Of course his proposal was a little ill-timed given that at the start of ATAI he had told her that before their relationship moved forward he needed to tell her the secret, but of course they get interupted by Jason Mazic and then jumped the gun with his proposal at the end. To me it showed that Clark was terrified with the thought of losing her and so perhaps it caused him to do things that seem a little irrational.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ingra, you say he proposed without knowing if she loves him. But that's not true. She told Superman before he froze her to tell Clark that she loves him. Considering the well known fact taht C=S, Clark did know that she loved him. And than you add the fact that Crazy_Babe mentioned: He realized how easy it was to loose her. And he probably wasn't thinking too straight...

But it worked out and that is what counts wink

Sira

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard