Next Thread
Print Thread
#17062 11/07/04 05:18 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
clap laugh

It certainly does stand alone, but I'd be interested to see more if you can come up with it.

Very nice.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#17063 11/07/04 06:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
“So then we will lie to him, just like the council lied to the insane when they were all exiled, telling them that they were to found a colony.”
Wohoo! smile1 That definitely explains the New Kryptonians and their pig-headed determination to travel millions of light years for an heir who had to be first put through a series of tests to be deemed eligible.

Wonderful prequel to an amazing new tale, perhaps? thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#17064 11/07/04 08:14 PM
Kerth
Kerth
/me tries to bribe QoC's Muse wink

I hope this can be followed smile

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#17065 11/07/04 09:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!!!

Just shows how naive I am... I would not in my wildest dreams have come up with anything like that! It's a pity your muse doesn't want to cooperate. I hope Jose's bribing works.

Oh, and yes I LOVE the NK explanation! Although I wonder how they would have found out about Kal-El.... laugh

Sira - duly impressed

#17066 11/08/04 07:10 AM
Columnist
Columnist
hi

OMG great idea!!!! I just love it!!!

Its great please continue the fic, I think is an amazing idea about NK and all that stuff...would be intersting to read the next parts.

Karla

#17067 11/08/04 02:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#17068 11/09/04 06:13 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! What a neat idea-- very different from anything else I've read. I, too, agree that

• it explains the New Krypton thing well
  • your muse needs bribing

This can stand alone or could be followed by more-- I guess it depends on whether you want to write some ansty stuff where either Jor-El and Lara are discovered, or tell someone, or meet up with Kal-El, or where Kal-El manages to see throught the deception. I suppose a globe built on an advanced planet such as Krypton would be drop-resistant, huh? And I suppose the recordings would be skip-resistant? goofy

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#17069 11/09/04 02:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute!

Lara turned her attention back to the baby. She heard Jor-El’s footsteps retreat into a small room in the back of the laboratory, leaving her and their son alone. She cradled the infant tightly against her and dropped a kiss on his head. “Oh, my son,” she whispered. “My son, my little Kal-El. I am so sorry. Please forgive us. If circumstances were different, we would gladly keep you and raise you!” Her eyes became misty. “Jor-El and I both love you.”

She was unaware of the passage of time; she could have been sitting there for two minutes or two years. All too soon, she felt Jor-El’s hand on her shoulder once more.

“Lara, it’s time. Everything is ready, and we must report back to the council tomorrow.”

She looked up into his eyes, and noticed that they were uncharacteristically filled with tears.

“It’s time.”
smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#17070 11/11/04 08:21 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mary

An excellent premise and a great explanation for the New Kryptonians! smile1

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard