Next Thread
Print Thread
#166046 05/29/11 12:07 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I was trying to think up a way for us as a group to quickly assemble something for the archive, and I came up with this challenge: Write a premise for an L&C story that is so awful it is humorous. Since LabRat has indicated that the archive is OK for another week, I'll collect the entries received within the next week and submit them as a whole to the archive. If you do NOT wish your entry archived, or if you wish to have it entered anonymously, let me know. Otherwise, I will interpret your posting your suggestion to this thread as permission to use your entry, with appropriate credit. (Or, given the topic, should I say, 'with appropriate blame'? wink )

I'll start off the challenge:

1) An L&C and Veggie Tales crossover. (Yes, I do have a young son; why do you ask? wink ) Clark Kent is a mild mannered sweet potato, but is also secretly Super-Yam. He works with Lois Leek at the Daily Planet. Their friend and colleague, Jicama, is in his salad days.

I'd love to see at least ten suggestions for the collection. Any other takers? And feel free to add more entries if you like.

Joy,
Lynn

#166047 05/30/11 03:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh, BadFic. Haven't had any of that for a while - should be fun! And thanks for the kind thought, Lynn. dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#166048 05/30/11 04:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

#166049 05/30/11 05:21 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
An L&C and Veggie Tales crossover.
dizzy

The mind boggles. Of course, now I can't help but see the sweet potato with an adorable curl of hair on his "forehead", glasses, and Larry the Cucumber's squeaky little voice saying, "This is a job for Super-Yam!"

Oh, and I would think the fic wouldn't be complete without at least one silly song. wink

And how will Lois Leek go undercover? As a stalk of celery?

I'm glad that so many authors responded immediately to Labrat's post. I've got a week more of school and then I need to complete a year-long project, but Labrat's plea has not gone unheard by me. I should have time to finish one of those WIPs (or rise to the badfic challenge!) in the coming weeks.

Maybe we could combine it with a 20-minute challenge, just to see what we could all come up with in a very short period of time?

BJ

/hums under breath...
"Super - Ya a am, Super-ya a am, Super-ya a am, Super-Yam!"
laugh

ETA:
Erm ... yeah. I sort of didn't answer the challenge, did I? I couldn't come up with a badfic premise (yet), but I'll post my other thoughts to the fanfic challenge folder.

#166050 05/30/11 10:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:

1) An L&C and Veggie Tales crossover.
Ahem. Not quite what you described, but... wink

As for my entry evil :

2) In an alternate universe, Clark is an ordinary highschool student. He doesn't have any powers, but he's secretly the star quarterback for the school football team (Go Wildcats!). Also, Lois is a cheerleader, and Lex is the Evil Math Teacher who gives out way too much homework. laugh

~•~
#166051 05/30/11 05:07 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
LOL! Thanks Queenie! Wondered if my little xover was still remembered by anyone =D.

And Larry Boy is a janitor for the Daily Bumble in his day job...

But other than that...

I got nuttin...

#166052 05/30/11 05:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by carolm:
LOL! Thanks Queenie! Wondered if my little xover was still remembered by anyone =D.
Hee! This may sound weird, but every now and then that story will randomly pop into my head and I'll chuckle. smile

"I'll think of you every time I eat a salad." LOL laugh

~•~
#166053 05/31/11 02:52 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mary,

I had read Carol's story a while back, and I do remember enjoying it. It shows that even as odd a combination as an L&C/Veggie Tales crossover can be done well. The particular pairing of shows is not, of necessity bad -- it's just my instantiation of such a crossover that is so abysmal.

Considering that I actually wrote an L&C/Sherlock Holmes crossover, I am definitely not one to summarily nix the idea of unlikely crossovers. They have the potential to be lots of fun.

Joy,
Lynn

#166054 05/31/11 02:57 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
BJ, I like your follow-on questions, and that you came up with another challenge for the archive. Unfortunately, my muse didn't give me anything upon reading your challenge. If she decides to be more generous, I'd love to participate. Either way, you do raise a good point about the lightening.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Lois Leek could go undercover as an over-sized scallion. (Italian or not. ;-) )

#166055 06/05/11 12:37 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you Mary and BJ. Unfortunately, three contributions (including my own) don't seem to me enough to be archive-worthy. So unless we get at least five more (hint,hint to anyone else reading this), I'm not going to collect these for archive submission after all.

Sorry, LabRat. I tried.

- Lynn

#166056 06/05/11 03:20 AM
Blogger
Blogger
this is based off an episode of Supernatural but I think the plot line is hilarious:

A new form of synthetic Kryptonite causes any of Clark's fears to grow out control and soon he becomes afraid of anything (Heights, speed, animals, clowns, etc...)

Add in Lois(either knowing or not knowing the secret) having to deal with his growing fears and anxiety.

The only cure is to track down the source of the Kryptonite and destroy it, causing Clark to have to face his fears. And annoy Lois in the process.

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse
#166057 06/05/11 06:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's not a funny story - but Yellow Fever by ML Thompson has a similar plot. (And it's a good 'un) thumbsup

Of course, it doesn't solve the problem of absent muses and absent-minded writers not sending their stuff in.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard