Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, everybody! Erin's posting!! party

Very interesting start, Erin. New place, but some very familiar people. Some nice touches here, like the silver BMW.

I like what you've done with Lois. Still first season... but not. A little softer, a little friendlier. At least with her neighbor. More, she knows something's missing, and she's willing to admit that to herself. Very interesting little change there.

This looks like the beginning of a very cool story. Can't wait to see more. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY!! You're posting TLRH!! It's been too long since you had a fic out, Erin - we've missed you! (Okay, I know you've been busy getting professionally published and all, but you can't forget your responsibilities to your FoLC fans! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great start..I'm looking forward to MORE!

I like that things are familiar but different in just the right way!

How often will you be posting?

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Paul, Wendy, and Liz! How wonderful to hear people actually wanted to read this. wink

As for this:

Originally posted by Supes1fan:
How often will you be posting?
I knew this question was coming from somebody. It was inevitable. smile I already have a buffer of installments, so I'm hoping to post Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays starting next week, but maybe Mondays and Thursdays are better? I admit, I don't know if there's a rule of thumb for this on these boards. thumbsup

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Kerth
Kerth
Yippe!!! hyper

P.S I prefer EOD laugh if it's not going to kill the buffer dizzy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. help She needs a man in tight or with glasses.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
Erin, I'm so glad you are beginning to post! I don't usually follow stories on the MBs, but I'm going to try to make an exception in this case. I've been aware of this story for so long, I can't help myself! I'm really looking forward to immersing myself in a new Elseworlds.

I'm also looking forward to getting to know this Lois better, and can't wait till she meets this universe's Clark! So she's built her career in SF instead of Metropolis, eh? Is he at the DP instead of her? Or somewhere else? Wherever he is, I think it's safe to say that he's what she's missing in her life ... and that he's missing that mysterious "something" just as much as she is. smile

As for posting schedule, certainly 3 times a week is always better than 2 wink but it depends on your buffer and how close you are to finishing. Either way, I'm excited to see this!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start, I'm looking forward to more!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Erin

An excellent start! smile1 As for posting, 3 times a week is definitely better than 2. smile

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad I hopped on the boards while 'only' the first part of this new intriguing story was out. I like to follow them from the beginning to the end and I hate nothing more than to have read up on previous chapters.

Except for this lucky circumstance, I'm eager to find out more about this universe's premises. Where's Clark and what is he up to? What makes Lois such a nice person (as opposed to Mad Dog Lane)? No bad experiences like Claude? Does that world have a Superman? If it does, will she react to him the same as the 'original' Lois?

Questions over questions, and you've got the answers... Well, looks like many people are awaiting your next installments (me included). And since you managed to hook us easily, I'd prefer 3 posts a week, but as was already mentioned: post as often as you feel comfortable in respect to your buffers size and progress in writing.

Sira - looking forward to intersting reading hours smile

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Hi,

this really is an interesting start. thumbsup

I'm looking forward to more,

~Julia wave

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally, I get to catch up! I'm sorry I'm not going to have time to do more than read and dash off some hit and run comments. The story is deserving of much more attention than that and I really wish I had more time to share all my favourite quotes.

Erin, your stories are always such a joy to read. From the very first paragraph here you had me hooked and I knew this was going to be one of those stories to wallow in.

You paint a wonderfully detailed and vivid picture of a lonely Lois, wishing for more here. I too loved the little details like the BMW and your original characters - like Agnes - are always so skillfully and sharply observed.

Excellent starting segment - on to part two!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard