Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't type correctly...my fingers are all WAFFY GOOOOOO...

SIGH...this is why I love Wendyfic...that warm fuzzy feeling that follows a scene like this makes all the angst and trauma worth it.

Bravo Wendy!!! thumbsup

TEEEEEEEEEEJ

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Very sweet part. Loved it.

Melisa

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
awww - so so sweet!
thank you! looking forward to the rest smile

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, now that was a very satisfying section! Sweet and WAFFy, with a few more issues settled... but with humor in there, too.

"I'm always happy to point out when you're being an idiot; you should know that by now."
rotflol So true!

So, let's see the remaining four-ish parts, eh?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Wendy-- this is just classic, see?-they're-truly-soulmates, sweet Wendy-fic!! They've both gotten their misconceptions out of the way, and feel confident enough in each other that they can show their affection and cautiously but optimistically look forward to being a couple.

I liked this:
She flushed, but that didn't stop her commenting with a grin, "I'm always happy to point out when you're being an idiot; you should know that by now."
It was just so Lois! The not-so-wary, confident-that-she's-loved Lois. And Clark-- your gentle "growly Clark"-- now that he's been snapped out of that destructive cycle of self-recrimination and false negative self-perception-- is just perfect! He can take the lead and demonstrate his affection openly, and boy! he sure got over the "afraid to touch" thing! Oh, I know he's being lovingly gentlemanly (or gentlemanly loving, can't decide which! goofy ), but still,... smoochies!, as Liz so succinctly put it!

Well! (Happy sigh!) I'm out of breath in a nice, positive sort of way--

And they aren't just riding off into the sunset, are they? Lois has again, very matter-of-factly taken Clark back through what happened with Trask, and shown him what his parents already knew: he did what he could. He could have gambled; couldn't really have been blamed for taking a chance that he could beat Trask (after all, he was under extreme duress, and in that sort of desperate situation, people sometimes do desperate things). But he didn't-- while it came close to destroying him emotionally, he held on; bided his time-- and Lois, as she said, provided the distraction he needed to act. The moment he saw that chance, he took it-- weak or not, there was no hestiation when it mattered.

Clever of you to have him (and Lois) realize that this whole situation is being compounded by the rescue worker's trauma. I think it makes the whole situation-- the experience at Trask's hands and the recovery-- much more believable. This could have been brushed over, in favor of the exciting, action-filled rescue and the smootchies after the misunderstanding, but you didn't brush over it. Instead, you give it equal time.

And they trust each other quite a lot, don't they? The last major barrier has fallen: their internalized and erroneous ideas about each other. With that out of the way, they can concentrate on bringing down Luthor, fixing all those things Tank would rather leave unfixed goofy , and THEN they can ride off into the sunset (after more smoochies, of course!).

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yucky!

Tank (who likes to use those 'technical' terms once in a while)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Tank. AWWWWW Wendy that was just soooo sweet. Sigh... Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Finally Clark has got his sanity back. Now they need to deal with Luthor.

More please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yucky!
Good to know how you really feel, Tank. :rolleyes:

Wendy goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! Beautifully written! smile1

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful! clap

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can get technical too: hail

Top Banana
Top Banana
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! love

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww!!! *happy WAFFy sigh*

Again, 'nuff said. <g>

Julie smile smile smile smile smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As Julie made clear to me last night on IRC, I'm late. frown Sorry! I am trying to get this up to twice a week now that the story's finished and my amazing, incredibly patient BR has approved it.

Anyway... so you all survived the angsty/WAFFy bit, I see - well, all except Tank, but I suppose that was only to be expected. I suppose I should have given a meds warning for him at the start of the instalment. wink

Janet, again I loved reading your comments. Thank you so much! - especially for the Lois in character and Clark getting past his fears parts. You really do know how to make authors feel great, don't you? goofy ), Laura, Nan, Tricia, José, Ethnica, Liz and Julie.

Part 24 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard