Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anonymous FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 02:13 PM
I can't type correctly...my fingers are all WAFFY GOOOOOO...

SIGH...this is why I love Wendyfic...that warm fuzzy feeling that follows a scene like this makes all the angst and trauma worth it.

Bravo Wendy!!! thumbsup

TEEEEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: Melisa Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 02:23 PM
Very sweet part. Loved it.

Melisa
Posted By: shells Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 02:51 PM
awww - so so sweet!
thank you! looking forward to the rest smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 03:24 PM
Hi,

Great part. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 03:50 PM
Ah, now that was a very satisfying section! Sweet and WAFFy, with a few more issues settled... but with humor in there, too.

"I'm always happy to point out when you're being an idiot; you should know that by now."
rotflol So true!

So, let's see the remaining four-ish parts, eh?

PJ
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 04:18 PM
Oh, Wendy-- this is just classic, see?-they're-truly-soulmates, sweet Wendy-fic!! They've both gotten their misconceptions out of the way, and feel confident enough in each other that they can show their affection and cautiously but optimistically look forward to being a couple.

I liked this:
She flushed, but that didn't stop her commenting with a grin, "I'm always happy to point out when you're being an idiot; you should know that by now."
It was just so Lois! The not-so-wary, confident-that-she's-loved Lois. And Clark-- your gentle "growly Clark"-- now that he's been snapped out of that destructive cycle of self-recrimination and false negative self-perception-- is just perfect! He can take the lead and demonstrate his affection openly, and boy! he sure got over the "afraid to touch" thing! Oh, I know he's being lovingly gentlemanly (or gentlemanly loving, can't decide which! goofy ), but still,... smoochies!, as Liz so succinctly put it!

Well! (Happy sigh!) I'm out of breath in a nice, positive sort of way--

And they aren't just riding off into the sunset, are they? Lois has again, very matter-of-factly taken Clark back through what happened with Trask, and shown him what his parents already knew: he did what he could. He could have gambled; couldn't really have been blamed for taking a chance that he could beat Trask (after all, he was under extreme duress, and in that sort of desperate situation, people sometimes do desperate things). But he didn't-- while it came close to destroying him emotionally, he held on; bided his time-- and Lois, as she said, provided the distraction he needed to act. The moment he saw that chance, he took it-- weak or not, there was no hestiation when it mattered.

Clever of you to have him (and Lois) realize that this whole situation is being compounded by the rescue worker's trauma. I think it makes the whole situation-- the experience at Trask's hands and the recovery-- much more believable. This could have been brushed over, in favor of the exciting, action-filled rescue and the smootchies after the misunderstanding, but you didn't brush over it. Instead, you give it equal time.

And they trust each other quite a lot, don't they? The last major barrier has fallen: their internalized and erroneous ideas about each other. With that out of the way, they can concentrate on bringing down Luthor, fixing all those things Tank would rather leave unfixed goofy , and THEN they can ride off into the sunset (after more smoochies, of course!).

~Toc
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 04:27 PM
Yucky!

Tank (who likes to use those 'technical' terms once in a while)
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 04:41 PM
LOL Tank. AWWWWW Wendy that was just soooo sweet. Sigh... Laura
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 06:13 PM
Finally Clark has got his sanity back. Now they need to deal with Luthor.

More please.

Nan
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 06:15 PM
Yucky!
Good to know how you really feel, Tank. :rolleyes:

Wendy goofy
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 10:02 PM
Wendy

WOW! Beautifully written! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/27/04 11:45 PM
Wonderful! clap
Posted By: ethnica Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/28/04 06:26 PM
I can get technical too: hail
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/28/04 07:57 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! love

~Liz
Posted By: Julie S Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 09/29/04 09:50 PM
Awwww!!! *happy WAFFy sigh*

Again, 'nuff said. <g>

Julie smile smile smile smile smile
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger Pt23... - 10/01/04 02:14 PM
As Julie made clear to me last night on IRC, I'm late. frown Sorry! I am trying to get this up to twice a week now that the story's finished and my amazing, incredibly patient BR has approved it.

Anyway... so you all survived the angsty/WAFFy bit, I see - well, all except Tank, but I suppose that was only to be expected. I suppose I should have given a meds warning for him at the start of the instalment. wink

Janet, again I loved reading your comments. Thank you so much! - especially for the Lois in character and Clark getting past his fears parts. You really do know how to make authors feel great, don't you? goofy ), Laura, Nan, Tricia, José, Ethnica, Liz and Julie.

Part 24 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards