Print Thread
#157627 11/26/07 06:19 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, it's that time of year again. smile Time for all you authors to whip your Muses into action and get those stories submitted for year end uploads.

So... if you want your story uploaded to the Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive by December 31st 2007 (handily in time for the Kerth 2008 eligibility deadline wink ) you must submit your story to stories@lcfanfic.com or labrat@blueyonder.co.uk by December 1st 2007

Any story submitted after the December 1st deadline may not be uploaded until January 2008 – although the Archive staff will do their best to get it uploaded before year end if the author requests it. No guarantees though!

If you submit a story to the Archive during December and are not particularly fussed about it being uploaded before December 31st, I'd really appreciate you letting me know when you send it in. So many authors want to make the deadline each year that it's difficult to find enough stories to upload in January. So I'll be delighted to hear from anyone who doesn't mind having their story held over until after the Christmas break. Also, our GE's will appreciate the breathing space. smile1 Some of them have been working diligently on your stories for years, some have sadly had to leave us during the year and others are newbies, but all of them give up their free time for no more reward than helping their fellow FoLCs get their stories into the best possible shape.

CarolineK
Darcy
Erin
Janet
Jeanne
Julie
LaraMoon
Larissa
Laura
Nancy
Paul
Rachel
Sara
Sarah
Sue
Sherry
Terry
Tricia

I'm sure you'll all join me in giving them a well-deserved pat on the back, for all of their hard work, dedication and skills over the year.

And a special thanks to our webmistress, Lauren, for holding it all together. smile

And last but definitely not least, a huge, enormous thank you to all the authors who've submitted stories this year. Keep it up in 2008, you hear?!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Does this include nfic stories? I didn't think there was a nKerths every year, and I haven't even finished editing my stuff.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Fanfic Archive and the Kerths cater for gfic only. We don't accept nfic stories on the Archive - they're usually archived at Annesplace .

The nKerths aren't held annually as the Kerths are, but when they are being organised you'll find the nKerth committee will post updates and info in the nfic folder.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
And a giant THANK YOU!!!! to LabRat, our resident Editor in Chief, for all her hard work. LabRat, where would we be without you? You work so hard, and I am so grateful for all you do! You do a stellar job. clap clap clap

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by ErinK:
And a giant THANK YOU!!!! to LabRat, our resident Editor in Chief, for all her hard work. LabRat, where would we be without you? You work so hard, and I am so grateful for all you do! You do a stellar job. clap clap clap
What she said smile .

Carol *whistles as she waits for flood protection to turn off so she can submit this*

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
My clap and thanks to Lab Rat and all the other "behind the scenes" at times folcs on both thid board and the archives as well.

Mona

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwww, thank you. blush But I have to admit that you guys make it all so easy - from authors to GEs to Lauren doing all the hard stuff - that I feel guilty calling it work!

It really does help in this job having such nice people to work with, who are so accommodating and willing to help. smile Especially when you screw up. Right, Carol? laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me has no recollection of Labby screwing up ever. Not ever never no.

/me has more than one recollection of screwing up herself...

Carol smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How are approaching December already?!

Ahem.

A hearty thanks to the GEs and everyone else who has a hand in the Archive. Thank you so much to everyone who helps put all of those great stories for me to read on the Archive. wink

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just wanted to add my thanks, too, to all who give so much time GEing and keeping the Arcive running so well.

laugh laugh laugh

c.

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Just wanted to add my thanks, too, to all who give so much time GEing and keeping the Arcive running so well.
Indeed! clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

I've never seen any other archive that's as efficient as the Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive. I've been reading the stories posted on it for years now (since 2000, I think) and have seen it grow from just a few hundred stories to 3,060 stories (as on Nov 25 '07) with updates every weekend without fail.

You people have truly made many of my weekends!!!

I'd also love to thank all those GE's who have been doing an excellent job and ...

And a giant THANK YOU!!!! to LabRat, our resident Editor in Chief, for all her hard work.
to Labrat, of course, without whom <blah! blah! blah!> laugh
Great Job! Keep it up!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard