Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay! Well it seems like there was sufficient interest so we can get a few stories out of this. smile Here is how this will work this time around. (Though of course I'm open to any and all suggestions!)

Guess the Writer pretty much involves writers sending me their stories on a certain topic. As I recieve them, I will post them in the fan fiction section as Title by Author X and open up a FDK folder for each, so people can read and review as normal. Then, once the deadline for stories passes, I will open up a guessing thread. There, I'll give a link to every story written for the contest and people will have to guess which of their favorite authors wrote which. smile If we recieve a large amount of entries, I'll probably post a list of the participating authors, but if there are only a few I'll leave it blank for you guys to take your best guess! Then, I'll calculate the stats and we'll see who guessed the most correctly, who fooled the most people, ect.

Okay, here are some guidelines:

You should aim to write between 5-10 pages in a 10 or 12 pt. font. You can write less, of course, or a little more, but try to keep it relatively in that area.

You must write the topic assigned below.

Do not post your stories. Email them to me with your screenname here and the title at lyshaheen@aol.com . I'll post them as I recieve, so you guys aren't overloaded when it comes time to read them all.

Regarding beta-ing... I realize, since I'm the only person who can know who wrote which, that I might get a lot of requests. While I normally wouldn't mind, school is kicking my butt right now, so I might not have a whole lot of time. What I would suggest is to either have it beta read by someone who won't be guessing, or simply to have it beta-d after the fact or not at all. We won't be grammar or characterization nazis, I promise.

Okay, here is the topic:

Lois and Clark buy a costume/disguise for each other.

Alcyone suggested that one, and it just cracked me up to think about. smile I know that seems sort of geared toward Halloween, but it doesn't have to be. I'm sure Lois and Clark would have many costume buying parties/other creative opportunities in their line of work. Bonus points to those who DON'T make it a Halloween fic. wink Just kidding. But who can resist a story with a costume? I can't.

Oh, it can be gfic or nfic. Though I SHOULD be able to tell (I would hope!) just mark if it's nfic on the submission too.

Stories need to be in my email box by... November 6th? That's four weeks for you guys. smile Feel free to try and throw readers off the scent by sending in more than one entry.

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions feel free to post in this thread. I'm totally open to any and all.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey can I still post my Halloween nfic? It's costume-related ...

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Because I'm lazy... goofy

You said you were going to make an official guessing thread with links to all the stories after the submission deadline has passed. Is there anyway to get a handy TOC of all the stories now, as they get posted? I'd offer to do it myself, but I'm not in the fic folder too terribly often, and I'd hate to miss one.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Good idea! I'll make one right now. It'll be in the Table of Contents thread. smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've noticed the guessing has gone down. This guessing stuff is so hard!

I was just thinking to myself as I was putting the kids in bed tonight, wouldn't it be funny if no one got a single guess right on any story?

I know some of the authors were trying to be tricky, but I think it's an honor if someone knows your style.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm saving my guesses until the end. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I know some of the authors were trying to be tricky, but I think it's an honor if someone knows your style.
I agree. smile I think it's the most fun part of the whole thing. I can't wait to tally up the votes in the official guessing thread at the end!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard