Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, Wendy! thumbsup
Henderson shook his head, groaning fatalistically. " I guess you gave fake names?"

"No, we told them we're Lois Lane and Clark Kent," Lois drawled. "What do you think?"
This made me rotflol It's so in character!

I liked the fact that Lex isn't in control and that he is having a hard time to do what he wants devil I'm still a little afraid about what he might have on his sleve but I hope Lois and Clark can deal with whatever he comes up with.

As for this
"No? You couldn’t help yourself, alien," Trask taunted. "I bet you don’t even know your own strength. You could break this table you're lying on with your little finger. How do you know you've never hurt anyone? You shake hands with someone one day in your masquerade as a human - how do you know you don't leave them with bruises? You dare to coil your arms around these people you call your parents - how do you know you've never injured them?"
No wonder Clark has fears about hurting people! Trask put that on his mind! mad Poor Clark having nightmares again frown

But I just loved the end
"You’re having a bad dream, Clark." Suddenly, the voice was soothing, and he recognised it as female. "It's okay. No-one's trying to hurt you. Come on, wake up."

He was dreaming. Again. But it was only a dream. Trask was dead, and his parents were safe.

Sobbing with relief, he collapsed into the waiting, welcoming arms.
Awwww I'm sure Lois will be able to help him and he will realize he can get closer to her.

Great work, Wendy! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Raquel (who doesn't know who is more evil Trask or Lex eek )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Kerth
Kerth
Good! smile

I hope the evidence is valid! smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great part, Wendy! thumbsup
There is something against Luthor, finally! So it's an Al Capone-solution, but it's only the beginning! wink
Final part is very poignant: perhaps their relationship is moving, but I'm wondering:
"Clark!" The hands shook him some more. "Clark!"
He seized his captor, gripping the man's upper arms and pushing back. "Leave me alone!"
Lois is not going to have bruises on her arms, isn't she? eek

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Good thinking Henderson.

"Nothing, for now. I want to know how much she knows first, and who she might have talked to. And then... then I may well wish her to be disposed of."

"As you wish, sir." And Nigel left the room as silently as he'd entered it.
eek Torturing Lois?

"Clark? Clark!"

"Please stop. Please don't hurt her!"

Hands gripped him, shaking him.

"Please! Yes, I'm an alien! But I'm not a threat!"

"Clark!" The hands shook him some more. "Clark!"

He seized his captor, gripping the man's upper arms and pushing back. "Leave me alone!"

"You’re having a bad dream, Clark." Suddenly, the voice was soothing, and he recognised it as female. "It's okay. No-one's trying to hurt you. Come on, wake up."

He was dreaming. Again. But it was only a dream. Trask was dead, and his parents were safe.

Sobbing with relief, he collapsed into the waiting, welcoming arms.
thumbsup Is time to talk.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very good A-plot progress, Wendy! And that nightmare made me hurt for Clark... goofy

As CC says, I'm just sayin' <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Poor Clark, still having those dreams wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
That might have been a small breakthrough, but I'll take it. thumbsup

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, I have to say that I like the interaction between Henderson and Lois, and his bringing up how they had obtained the contract. But the fact still remains that they obtained the document illeagally and thus it can't be admitted into any court of law.

CLark's dreams are still a strong factor in his 'hang-ups' but Lois now seems to be being drawn into it. That might help?

Tank (who wonders if Lois will be 'understanding' of Clark's reticence when it comes to talking about his nightmares)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, poor Clark! goofy

Please post more soon, Wendy! I wan't to know how you're going to end this before I go to London without much internet... grovel

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, I just discovered this story last night when I did what I thought would be a quick little wander through the boards before bed.

Well, I stayed up reading the whole thing, including Tank's original story and your "fix" of it. I had no problem identifying Tank's ending, either... (Tank, you stinker!). laugh Yep, stayed up pretty much the whole night... but boy, it was worth it!!

Clark's fears-- the recurring nightmare and his conviction that he will hurt someone (no "might" about it, huh?) with any physical interaction-- are beginning to be revealed. He's recognized that this "no physical interaction" thing is getting extreme; that's a good first step to unbottling it all and talking about it, right? And Lois has probably heard quite a bit of his nightmare-- and she's holding him.

She's so attracted to him, and he to her-- in an overwrought emotional state, this might overcome their individual (and erroneous) fears.

I, too, enjoyed Lois and Henderson's interactions. (And Clark's and Perry's too, by the way.) You've fleshed out Henderson's character so much more: you've given him and Lois a past (although he doesn't know that part of it) and made him a three-dimensional, appealing person.

Lex is creepy as heck (the bugs and cameras: /me's skin crawls)-- and somewhat out of control? Or diabolically clever? Hide in plain sight? Nobody that rich and powerful would take chances like that-- so he must be "being framed" (sorry, that's awkward grammer, isn't it?)? The damage and arson to Lois' apartment was (glaringly) obviously not an accident. And sitting in that bar in plain sight-- and guys with flame-throwers torching buildings in an area Lex is known to be interested in?? laugh

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, like everyone else I loved the interaction with Henderson. He does seem awfully excited about a document that would appear to be inadmissible in court, as Tank said, so maybe Wendy has some trick up her sleeve as to how it could legally be used.

The "A" plot does seem to be progressing very nicely, but it's obviously not over yet...

And some movement on the "B"-front, with Lois now holding Clark in her arms, comforting him from his horrible nightmare. ::sigh:: I wonder how much she actually overheard, and whether or not he'll talk to her about it. He needs to open up about all of this...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back online at last! Sorry that it's been so long this time, guys. frown I hate to keep readers hanging, especially when you've been so patient with me already. I'm just relieved that I haven't lost all my readers given this irregular posting - but I seem to have gained a couple! Thank you so much, Raquel, Janet and Kathy - welcome! laugh

Pam, sorry that I didn't take you up on your offer! Actually, I hadn't intended to be offline this long.

Thanks, all of you - especially Janet - who like the way I've been writing Henderson. smile For particular reasons, which shall remain known only to myself and another regular poster on these boards, goofy I felt the need to give Henderson more of a role than I'd originally intended. wink

As for Clark's nightmare and Lois's arrival at the end of the scene, phew!!! I guess you can tell that this is a pivotal moment. There's more to come, of course, but at this stage I want to say how much this scene and what's to come owes its effect to Yvonne Connell. Yvonne looked at what I had originally, laughed and told me how bad it was and what I needed to do to fix it. wink And she was exactly right. If you thought that the nightmare scene was effective, if you think the next scene is effective, then thank Yvonne, not me!

Now, since I'm still catching up on the boards, I'll keep this short - I will post part 22 either tonight or tomorrow. And the good news is that the story is now finished, so once my poor long-suffering BR tells me that she's happy with the rest of it I'll speed up my posting schedule. So if you've stuck with DBAS thus far, despite everything, you won't have much more to endure. wink

Thanks for your comments! It was really lovely to get back online and find this full comment folder. blush

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard