Print Thread
#153582 01/04/07 03:53 AM
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
Just in case you're interested here is a link to find out more about Mondegreens. Mondegreens

gerry

#153583 01/04/07 04:33 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My favorite mondegreen is from the kissthisguy.com website. The background vocals in the Eagle's song "Take It To The Limit" following the line "And I can't find the door" are really "Can't find it anywhere," but one listener heard it as "Can't find my underwear," figuring that if the singer was too drunk to find the door, then finding underwear was also beyond his capability.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#153584 01/04/07 09:47 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When it comes to misheard lyrics, some of the mistakes on this site are hilarious:

Am I Right? Misheard Lyrics

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#153585 01/05/07 01:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's a radio commercial around here, with two guys arguing over the lyrics to "Rock the Casbah" -- one of them is sure it's "stop the catbox" but the other's convinced it's "shut the cashbox" goofy ... the moral being that you don't have to understand music to enjoy it. Or something like that.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#153586 01/05/07 06:39 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I recently found a mondegreen (that I didn't know was CALLED a mondegreen until I saw the other thread about thing/think) at the company Christmas party on December 20th.

I was third up for karaoke, and I was singing "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain. I'd always thought that the line went, "Cover my head, do it again" but boy was I surprised when I saw the words on the screen that said, "Color my hair, do what I dare!"

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard