Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I think the baby is going to help then to be closer laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a part! Fiest Lois in her meanest and everything goung asunder - and then the turning point.

It has been such agony, so it's really relieving to read about their relationship growing closer.

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's good that they're trying to be civilized, but if she hadn't been pregnant the marriage would have been annulled, and I've never seen a marriage work because of an upcoming baby. Although both are now reeling from all the emotions the fact remains that having a baby cannot keep a broken relationship intact.

The true measure of a person is how they treat you when you're at your lowest (in Clark's case sick and needing an operation to live), and that's when Lois knowingly treated Clark like a pitiable pest. She made it obvious that she wants him to live, just not with her. Their having a baby, no matter how welcome, cannot alter that unchangeable reality.

I can see a HEA here: they divorce and stay friends. Are they supposed to stay together for the baby's sake? Eventually one or the other is going to want to experience real love in his or her life, not just share the bond of legalized parenting. They don't need to be married for that.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow this was like being on a roller coaster! I am glad it ended up rather calmly. Good segment. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, thank goodness!

Didn't have a chance to comment on the last part, but I have to say as big a fan of S1 Lois as I am, I was just ready to punch her in the nose.

Seems, though, that they reached the boiling point, everything bubbled up and over in big, ugly catharsis, and now maybe...that teaspoon of something happy...ish?

Really a nice job of involving the reader. Love how long the posts are, and how much I want to tear the hair from the characters. That's a compliment- can't read this and not feel strongly!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi there girls wave

I agree with CC. I love the long postings... I can never have enough of them!

Having the baby concieved in an artificial way kind of disapointed me, but it came on the right time, thanks God.

Lois is finally breaking down the walls around her and finally i could manage to diminish the level of tranquilizer i was taking to follow this story.

I am much calmer now... I couldn´t take all that situation for any longer.

Thanks girls... for a really great part.

SQD, notworthy , and Jenny... you are great!

MDL. laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello Ladies!

I agree that you guys do an excellent job of invoking emotions- something not everyone can do well. Also, this aspect of the relationship was definately needed to provide a little relief from all the tension.

It's nice to see that they are both growing up a little, though it is a bit worrisome that they are still trying to play the 'avoiding game'... although beginning to tell people may force everything in the open.

All in all- great post as usual. It seems that they are subconciously becoming attached without either of them knowing it! laugh I look forward to reading more!

sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's nice to see that they are both growing up a little
Way to put it. It was about time.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by ethnica:
The true measure of a person is how they treat you when you're at your lowest (in Clark's case sick and needing an operation to live), and that's when Lois knowingly treated Clark like a pitiable pest.
I agree! It's hard to believe that she cares for him, it seemed that she cares only for herself.
Clark is blind if he only thinks about the baby, and forgives and forgets how Lois treated him.

Gabriele
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Excellent part wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
How do you know if something will work, including
love, if it hasnt been tested?These two fought with themselves as with each other. Both have
acknowledged their mistakes, have apologized and
are moving to compromise. I say the marrage will work, baby or no.
{I liked first season Lois, the girl knew how to cuss)

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Merriwether
Merriwether
"Wow," was all he could say as he watched her retreating back. He collected himself and ran after her again, smiling brightly when she reached out to take his arm.

Lois had no idea where she found the nerve to kiss Clark like that. For the past week or so, she was having difficulty determining how she felt. Terrified was a pretty accurate way of describing how she felt about this baby. Confused was more the word she needed when describing her relationship with Clark. But the open expression of genuine appreciation on his face when he thanked her for this baby was more than even 'Mad Dog' could resist.

Besides, it was just one kiss. What could it hurt?
Lois --> Please don't blame these feelings on the prego state. Ugh.

You have captrued season 1 Lois perfectly from part 1 to now. I have loved how you have encorporated the episodes with your creation.

Keep rockin'

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by SJH:
I say the marrage will work, baby or no.
Truth is, that isn't a marriage, they are only living together as friends.

Marriage is not legal paper. First, marriage without sex *ever* is sham.

Gabriele
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
All is not Lois's fault. Clark shouldn't have pressured her to marriage and living together.

And though he hasn't demanded anything, he have expected - and got disappointed.

Gabriele
Columnist
Columnist
Wow!

You continue to handle this delicate situation with its complex emotions incredibly competently. I'm totally blown away.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Hey, you have a point. Would pregnancy through
artifical insemination consummate a marrage?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Top Banana
Top Banana
How do you know if something will work, including love, if it hasnt been tested?
Agreed, but when you are found lacking, as a Season 1 Lois eventually is, no one should keep trying to make something out of nothing. Only when she evolves into a Season 2 Lois is she worth anyone trying to pursue a relationship.

No one can change another person; the change has to come from within. But we can decide how much of their crap we're going to put up with before we say 'enough is enough.' I personally hope Clark remembers that he'd reached that point and doesn't let the hazy thoughts of fatherhood sway him into thinking they have a future.

Maybe it's time for a Lois and Clark story where they don't make it. I've questioned their futures before but I've never felt as strongly about their failure as I do with this story. Her being a b*(h when he's dying is unforgivable. He may have been the alien, but she was the one less than human.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by SJH:
Would pregnancy through artifical insemination consummate a marrage?
No. Clark would have an annulment because Bernie could tertify. Only, he would have to tell everybody the reason for marriage, otherwise all would condemn him abandoning a pregnant woman.

In fact, Lois acts not like a wife but like a woman who uses Clark as a sperm donator - though she wants a baby not for heself but in order to save Superman.

Gabriele
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! The sheer number of replies in this folder took my breath away!

First, let me say thanks to everyone for continuing to read this. And for commenting so whole-heartedly. When this idea first evolved for this story, I never imagined readers would feel so strongly about it. Just knowing we've been able to accomplish such emotion has made all the effort put into this worth while.

I do hope our writing can eventually help Lois evolve. After all, what is Superman without his Lois Lane? wink

Please, keep reading and letting us know how we've manage to capture the feel and emotions we set out to.

SQD (who is sure poor Jenni is chomping at the bit-- she was so nervous about posting this!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard