I think I need to apologise for the delay in my story Lives. Initially this was because I was finishing an RPG book, but as I was nearing the end there was a development which meant I went straight into another.

Briefly, just after the Xmas tsunami at the end of 2004 someone proposed publishing a collection of role playing game articles and scenarios, to be published in PDF form and sold in aid of relief organizations. So I wrote a scenario based on Edwin Abbott's "Flatland" - I'd previously written a game about Flatland although it has never been published as a separate product, only as part of a CD-ROM I sell - and waited for the book to come out... and waited... and waited. And it dragged on, then New Orleans happened and they changed the charity to that, and it still didn't get published.

A few weeks ago I learned that the project was cancelled - the guy putting it together forgot to tell me. What this says about his competence is something I'd prefer not to spell out.

But what I decided to do was put together my own project, a complete game expanding my Flatland material, and sell it for an appropriate charity. At the moment it's coming along pretty well, and I hope to get it finished some time this month and put it on sale next month, with all of my proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders, which seems an appropriate charity.

Since this is going very well I'm trying to avoid spending much time on fanfic; I've written a little more, but not nearly another chapter yet. Hopefully that'll happen eventually, if not it'll have to wait until the game is finished.

Anyway, apologies again, and I hope to get a lot more fanfic written in a few weeks.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game