Next Thread
Print Thread
#145641 10/25/04 06:25 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
We performed a one-act play in high school that I would like to reference in a new fanfic. Unfortunately I don't remember the title (of course). I graduated in 1985, so it was not written after that. It only had three characters, one woman and two men. She was nervous about meeting a blind date and asked her father to show up and pretend to be the date...I think. I do remember that both men were wearing roses in their lapel buttonholes and I think the word "rose" was in the title.

Does anyone know what play this is? I've tried searching the internet and the library and so far I've gotten nowhere.

Thanx!

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#145642 10/25/04 07:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't heard of the play you're talking about, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

First, is it possible that it was written locally? Just a thought.

Anyway, a net search did turn up this one:

Father Figure

It is a one-act comedy with 2 men and 1 woman about a blind date, but I didn't see a rose and the only father is in the title.

This site has a huge list of one-act plays, but, skimming through the listings for 2 males and one female, I didn't see anything that matched your description.

I also tried searching there for plays with "Rose" in the title, but found nothing that matched your description.

This site also has a good number of scripts, and a searchable databse. I didn't find anything there, but maybe you'll have more luck.

Sorry I can't help more. Hope something here helps.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#145643 10/25/04 11:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Do you think the high school might be able to help? I know it's been awhile since you graduated, and they probably don't have everything about the school on any sort of archives, but maybe there's a teacher there who would remember, or maybe the drama teacher is still there, or maybe it was a popular item that was used more than one year?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#145644 10/26/04 06:08 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by TicAndToc:
maybe the drama teacher is still there
Unfortunately, he retired about five years ago and the high school is in Florida (where I grew up), so I can't just drop in...

And Paul, thank you for those sites. I will definitely check those out.

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard