Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Dwindling buffer, eh? Well . . . I could call out these wildguy fellas, but I seem to recall promising not to do so.

For now. But if you keep ending at these, ah, strategic ending places, I may be forced to bring 'em back.

In droves. devil

On to the current part. (Yay for coming online first thing in the morning and finding a new bit! laugh Boo to its being short and ENDING RIGHT THERE! *tears out hair*)

Well, Lois did indeed throw caution to the wind (surprise!) and go in there alone . . . but then she actually USED her head (go Lois!) and let him fight his demons alone. And he did, eventually. (Could you have drawn that scene out any longer? Maybe put the box inside another box inside another box . . . ? wink )

And she found him. smile And two people in pain found solace in one another. smile

And they actually talked! And she asked him The Question.

AND THEN YOU STOPPED!!! mad

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
brought us to the watering can and didn't let us drink!!!

Ah, writer's block...the case of the dwindling buffer.

we can all appreciate...but we appreciate whatever you can give us, Yvonne!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
this is great, Yvonne! notworthy notworthy notworthy
is Clark going to have enough courage to tell Lois the truth?
I'm looking forward to see what are you going to do with it!

Simona smile
(who is hoping that box has not gone in wrong hands)

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I can see that our damaged duo is working there way up to a rather significant co-dependancy. And maybe that's not so bad.

If you buy into the 'soul mates' stuff, then they are supposed to be together, so why not let them basically heal each other.

So far, Clark seems to have the better of it in that Lois is much more understanding, and sympathetic to his plight, whereas Clark still approaches things from a more selfish, 'poor me' direction. He needs to realize just how badly Lois is screwed up and do what he needs to do to help her.

Tank (who figures that will never happen as this Clark is not only a wimpy self-pitying wuss, but he's also still a lunkhead wink )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rather significant co-dependancy. And maybe that's not so bad.
I don't see it so much as co-dependancy, more along the lines of being each other's reality check.

While I love that this story is pyschologically based and makes for wonderful heartfelt reading, the fact is pyschology today is full of crap, and a lot of people need to be told to just suck it up and find a way to make themselves better.

I know, I know the pyschiatry industry would have a "munchausian by proxy" fit hearing this, but there are such things as healthy co-dependancy if one can find the right partner, and the way Yvonne has portrayed L and C in this story seems that these two NEED each other, they can heal each other, they can help each other, they are GOOD for each other.

...and Clark is not a wuss, he just needs Lois to verbally kick his butt for him a coupla times.

TEEEEEEEJ

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
More!! wildguy wildguy wildguy I'm desperately addicted to this story!!

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, a little controversy. smile1

The thing is, one person's wimp is another person's heroically strong character battling against adversity. This I have learned over my many years in this fandom.

That said, I don't think I can claim to be portraying either Lois or Clark as heroically strong. I tend to portray them with human frailties which any of us might suffer from. I understand now (thank you Tank, and sorry I haven't replied to that email yet) that for some people, that's a fundamental problem with this and perhaps other stories I've written. I do think that I portray them as fairly real people who do extraordinary things - hands up who last broke into someone's office to get vital information which led to the person's arrest, for example. wink

Anyway, so long as I'm bringing enjoyment to my readers - even if it's the kind where you yell at the screen in frustration or complete disagreement <g> - then I'm happy.

Part 15 coming shortly.

Yvonne smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard