Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
English is not my first language either that is why my vocabuary is limited. I couldn't learn Chinese properly because there was all that diffrent tone of voice that you have to know. One word can mean three diffrent things in Chinese. Like the word Mah; for instance, can mean Mom, mother, horse, or argue. If your tone deaf, you can't learn Chinese. So, I'm neither Chinese or English.

Kitty, you asked about how much detailed information on disorders to include. I can't really comment on the story, since I haven't read it, but if you're curious about my approach, you could always read my "A Special Child," which covers some of the same ground. Basically, I tried to show symptoms, then get a diagnosis with some level of detail, and then mention more information as the characters found and discussed it, within the context of the story.
Well, I sort of decided to stick to how Crystal felt about having this disability and don't know rather to make it too techniqual or not. I'm more like leaning towards the non-technical way. I do try to get people to understand this disability because a lot of people with this disability were considered as rude people because they would not respond to a person when called. It looks like as if, I had failed at both tasks. At least that was my goal.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree with both Laura, MadDogLane, and Cheif Pam. Both about feelings and the writing.

I don't have a firm opinion. I would not be good in politics.

Though I am at a loss. whinging

I am not even going to try any more beyond this post. I am at the point where I am going to ignore this. whinging

Yeah, if anyone is mad I'm sorry. I'm just writing almost everything that I feel. Delete it if you feel it is not good. whinging I probably should have waited until the morning b/c I have not slept in two days, but I plan on sleeping the next two.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I guess this post shows why I also stopped wanting to be a shrink.
Roo, don't take this the wrong way, but that line just cracked me up. thumbsup

PJ
who wonders where she can find a purple cat named George...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL

side note: I still cannot sleep.

ack go aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaay Roo.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just have one thing to say now confused confused confused confused confused confused

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry, Kitty, I think what we're experiencing here is called "thread drift" -- the topic of conversation has, ahem, progressed, to the point where it really hasn't got anything to do with the original point of the thread. I suspect it's about played out now, though.

If anyone wants to continue to debate the merits of fanfic critique, or whatever, that's what our Fanfic Related section is there for wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard