Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The kids are heading back to school, it's the perfect time for our heroes to get out of Dodge... er... Metropolis. Everyone is coming back to town from their summer vacations, so let's send Lois and Clark someplace new and exciting, old and boring, or sandy and clothing-optional, and let's give them a story to deal with once they get there. Whether A-Plot or B-Plot, doesn't matter to me, the action just can't be in Metropolis.

"Exotic" for this challenge means set anywhere outside of the locales covered in canon.

Rules:

1) Lois and Clark must both leave. They don't have to travel together, arrive together, or even know each other before they arrive, but they need to both be in your "exotic locale" together. (And, no, I don't count Superman swooping in at the last minute to save Lois).

2) So, no Metropolis, no Smallville, no Spencer Spencer island (OP), no New Krypton (okay, I know Clark never officially arrives there, but it's my challenge), no summer camp (JSN), no woods just outside of Metropolis (Contact, WoS), no Chinatown (CoS), no Paris (Vatman), Medieval England (Soul Mates), and no Hawaii (VD). [Please let me know if I've missed a locale.]

3) They must remain out of Metropolis (and/or Smallville) for the majority of the story.

Extra Bonus Points: Get Lois and Clark out of the country. laugh

I'm posting this Challenge in time to get your brain juices flowing before it's time to focus them back on RL, work, and/or school in September. Feel free to post your stories at any time.

Please remember to send your posted stories onto Labby at the Archives . Our goal is to have all stories posted for these 2013 Monthly Challenges submitted to the Archives prior to next year's Kerth nomination period begins.

For a more specific idea, check out my Daily Planet Team-Building Retreat Challenge .

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
[Please let me know if I've missed a locale.]
No Arctic (or was that Antarctic?) ice-scape where Clark went to be alone after Lois accepted Lex' proposal.

No Shanghai (where Superman and Vixen spar).

No authentic Chinese restaurant -- or, at least, none whence Clark gets takeout.

No Brazilian rain forest (Witness).

No 19th century Texas (Soul Mates).

No alt-Metropolis (Tempus, Anyone).

No silver cubes in a time vortex (Lois & Clarks).

No roadside cafe or motel as seen in DLW.

No Philadelphia (Clark indicated that Superman had just been there in WHaLtTA).

Do travels pre-S1 count? If so, no Congo and no Jamaica (NoS), no Borneo, New Guinea, Tibet, Nepal, or Australia (all mentioned in Clark's interview in the pilot),

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I said to myself, 'I'm sure I missed one or two'. clap clap

So, tag on all of those to the list of places LnC can't go on this challenge. That just leaves the rest of the world (oh, and no Space Station Prometheus visits as both Superman and possibly Lois have been there).

EDIT: But they could go ice fishing in the wilds of Duluth, MN, or interview a country and western star in Nashville, TN, or have their car / plane break down in Iowa, or have one of their stories turned into a made-for-tv movie in Hollywood, CA, or Lois could trick Clark on going on a Jane Austin tour in England (sigh, I want to go on one of those... only without the other tourists), or Superman could be spotted in Gotham and Lois tries to figure out why he's there. The possibilities are endless.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No Atlantic City or San Francisco either (as per Shadow of a Doubt). Clark went to San Fran to interview the guy on death row. Lois went to AC for a conference.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So we can send them to Tahiti, since for all the talking about it Lois did, they never went their.

Shanghai is where Clark (not yet really Superman) goes to get the Chinese food in the Pilot. I think Superman and Vixen are sparing just somewhere in China.

John Pack Lambert
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Shanghai is where Clark (not yet really Superman) goes to get the Chinese food in the Pilot. I think Superman and Vixen are sparing just somewhere in China.
I got Shanghai from the FtaSV script on this site. It was in the exterior locations list.

Joy,
Lynn

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by John Lambert:
So we can send them to Tahiti, since for all the talking about it Lois did, they never went their.

On the other hand, no high-class mountain resort hotel like Superman and Lois were caught being highly friendly to each other at in "Sex, Lies and Video Tapes".

John Pack Lambert
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
No Japan, Switzerland or Andes, since Superman got a perfect pearl, chocolate, and snow, respectively, from those locales in OP.

No Chile -- Clark mentions in Contact that he had to stop a mudslide there.

Incidentally, Brazil and Paris have both already been ruled out, but for the sake of completeness, I'll mention that Ultra Woman also helped out with a mudslide in Brazil and helped land a plane in Paris. And while I'm at it, Superman helps out when a volcano erupts in Hawaii in IaSWAA.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I think this challenge is morphing into a new one: Name all the places where either Lois or Clark have been. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark also went to Philadelphia to stop a nuclear reaction from melting down in WHALTTA.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who knew Lois and Clark had traveled so much? clap Now, get writing!

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Also:

Ireland - Where Lois got to know Patrick Sullivan (WIEAK).

Bermuda Triangle - Where Lois went to dispose of the Kryptonite in "Madame Ex".

Italy - Lex is taking Lois to a restaurant in Milano at the beginning of Barbarians at the Planet.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it's September 1st, time to send our characters out of town.

While not specifically set in LnC's universe (it wouldn't take much imagination to think of this as another Soul Mate previous-life adventure wink ) KatherineKent's current 12 part story A Pirate Affair gets our favorite characters (and some from Smallville Universe's since it *is* technically set in that universe) off the beaten path and out to sea. She's already posted the Prologue and Part 1 and will continue posting through-out the month. She promises a swashbuckling fun time with pirates and romance (including some Nfic chapters).

While by no means a new story, or in need of advertisement, Female Hawk's current WIP story Once Bitten does get our favorite duo (or the alt-version of our favorite duo) into the heart of Africa. While, technically, in the "Congo", I doubt either of our characters ever traveled to Bangala-land before. (Okay, I'm stretching the definition of nowhere our characters have ever traveled before.) WARNING: It is a WIP and, as a Female Hawk story, highly addicting. It may cause you to refresh your "Today's Active Topics" screen often. (30 Parts have been posted - FH, you need to update your TOC with the latest part.)

I, myself, had a germ of an idea last night, but alas, it only sent Lois out of town, but I believe it might work for one of Queenie's other challenges. So, dust the sand off your laptops (or in the case of my hated laptop, bury it further in the ground) and get started on Lois and Clark's newest adventure!

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Posted A T-Shirt Revelation .

Lois and Clark attend a Journalism conference in Pensacola. Sounds boring, yeah! But the story is all about something else that happens while they are there.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard