The kids are heading back to school, it's the perfect time for our heroes to get out of Dodge... er... Metropolis. Everyone is coming back to town from their summer vacations, so let's send Lois and Clark someplace new and exciting, old and boring, or sandy and clothing-optional, and let's give them a story to deal with once they get there. Whether A-Plot or B-Plot, doesn't matter to me, the action just can't be in Metropolis.

"Exotic" for this challenge means set anywhere outside of the locales covered in canon.

Rules:

1) Lois and Clark must both leave. They don't have to travel together, arrive together, or even know each other before they arrive, but they need to both be in your "exotic locale" together. (And, no, I don't count Superman swooping in at the last minute to save Lois).

2) So, no Metropolis, no Smallville, no Spencer Spencer island (OP), no New Krypton (okay, I know Clark never officially arrives there, but it's my challenge), no summer camp (JSN), no woods just outside of Metropolis (Contact, WoS), no Chinatown (CoS), no Paris (Vatman), Medieval England (Soul Mates), and no Hawaii (VD). [Please let me know if I've missed a locale.]

3) They must remain out of Metropolis (and/or Smallville) for the majority of the story.

Extra Bonus Points: Get Lois and Clark out of the country. laugh

I'm posting this Challenge in time to get your brain juices flowing before it's time to focus them back on RL, work, and/or school in September. Feel free to post your stories at any time.

Please remember to send your posted stories onto Labby at the Archives . Our goal is to have all stories posted for these 2013 Monthly Challenges submitted to the Archives prior to next year's Kerth nomination period begins.

For a more specific idea, check out my Daily Planet Team-Building Retreat Challenge .

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.