Next Thread
Print Thread
#13642 07/02/04 12:47 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This was soooooooo great:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The old Lois Lane had just made an abrupt, hit-and-run return and left her with wobbly knees and a thumping heart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love that "hit and run" imagery!

And this:

quote:
hard surfaces softened by rugs and soft furnishings. A bit like the man himself - a core of inner strength wrapped up in a kind heart and a generous nature.

And this:

quote:
None of your wham, bam, thank you, ma’am from him. He’d give as well as take. Wouldn’t force the pace unless he was certain his partner wanted to as well. Not that he wouldn’t be passionate – she could imagine him being pretty intense and emotional when he made love. Doubly so, now that she understood a little more of his complexities.

But who was she kidding? Clark Kent would never be interested in her, not when there must be any number of non-crazy women he could date.

Lois, if you ONLY knew why he became an addict!!

Yvonne, I realized that you never named who the editor was. Hmmmmm.....even in Addicted, although I have to say I didn't notice that until now....

interesting.

I think you've got A-plots all over the place, you faker you! <G>

Do we have to wait until Monday??? when's the next post?

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#13643 07/02/04 01:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Way to go, Lois! smile It's good to know Confident!Lois is still in there, somewhere. How can we get her to come out and play more often?

And I love the way you have her realize that Clark is *not* perfect, he's not far out of her reach, and that he might even need her. Little does she know, of course smile

Now if only the whole thing could be solved this simply... wink but I guess it's gonna take more than one phone call to get Lois back to anywhere near her normal self. Still, it's a good start!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#13644 07/02/04 01:20 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful part, Yvonne! notworthy notworthy
In "Addicted" Clark had hoped for a self-assured Lois who'd have solved all of his problems: she'd have loved for himself, taken care of him, she'd have been his rock. Then he has known a battered and soul-bruised Lois who has needed of him in every moment. Now both of them need each other, but this is not a "hungry" desperate necessity: now they need to be there for each other because they care for each other, and so they will be able to reach an inner balance and a meaningful relationship. But I do know this will be a long and bumping road: this is our (sick?) pleasure; but when it's Yvonne Connell who writes about a difficult journey for her characters, we readers do have to enjoy the story, it's impossible otherwise!

Simona smile

Did you say Monday?

P.S. My apologies to Elena: my PC is very sloooow and not its nice-self yet

#13645 07/02/04 05:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#13646 07/03/04 01:59 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Fantastic part, Yvonne! hyper

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#13647 07/04/04 03:28 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is great stuff. are you writing it as you go?
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard