Next Thread
Print Thread
#13592 06/29/04 05:06 PM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Wanda, this story was great. So creative. I love how it smoothly went from one first person POV to the other. It was flawless! I am so impressed smile . The revelation was great smile , and also the confusion when Lois left and Clark thought she had rejected him was right on.

This is totally insignificant, but I can't get it out of my mind. I am wondering how Dr. Klein was a keynote speaker at a MS function. I know on the show he is portrayed as having an interest in just about everything, but as a research scientist myself, I can really say that there is no way he devote enough time to be such an expert in multiple areas. There just aren't enough hours in the day! Even if he works with Superman has a hobby, his research in the lab doesn't seen to have a lot to do with MS, and I am not sure if he would be an expert on the subject. Actually, this is more annoyance at the show's unrealistic portrayal of Dr. Klein than anything else wink . Aren't there other expert doctors/researchers in Metropolis? It's a big city with probably at least one major research university! Sorry for the long rant. blush

This was a great story, Wanda. I really enjoyed it laugh .

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#13593 06/29/04 06:30 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well done! clap

I really like the back-and-forth. smile And your pacing is excellent!

*looks hopeful* Sequel?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#13594 06/29/04 07:35 PM
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#13595 06/30/04 12:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it! I loved the first person, back and forth, slightly-different-recollections style. Very fun to get both sides like that. And the pacing worked really well.

One quibble, near the end:
I took a deep breath, and did what I consider to this day to be the bravest thing I’ve ever done. And don’t you forget, I’ve been pushed out of a plane, held hostage, and locked inside a giant safe, to name a few...
I'm not sure that being pushed out of a plane, etc., qualifies as "bravery," since it's not like she did it on purpose. Terrifying, sure. But without the option to be a coward, you can't really call it bravery. IMO. I'd suggest rewording it to be the "scariest" thing she's ever done. When it's terrifying, as this moment is, and when she has the choice to back down, *then* she's being brave.

Totally tiny insignificant point smile This was great!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#13596 06/30/04 12:52 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wanda

A wonderful story! thumbsup

I love how this flows from one 1st person POV to the other so easily. Just perfect! clap

Thanks for sharing this fantastic story. I love it. love

Tricia cool

#13597 06/30/04 02:13 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great, Wanda!! clap clap

I love it all! The humor bits here and there, the idea for the plot... everything!

Keep writing!!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#13598 06/30/04 03:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it! Wish I had time to say more right now!

JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#13599 06/30/04 05:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely love this, Wanda! Ditto everyone else, and more! It's sweet, romantic, in character and very funny - and if I started quoting the funny lines here I'd be repeating the entire story, but one which really grabbed me was Lois's 'I'm trustworthy.(Usually).' ROFL!! clap

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#13600 06/30/04 06:59 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was great! Poor Clark. For such a hunk, he has the worst time with women!

(It's all the Kents' fault for molding him into such a modest human being. Any other guy would be flaunting the fact that he's Superman...not our Clark!

SEQUEL SEQUEL

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#13601 06/30/04 08:18 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice story, Wanda! I'm not usually a fan of 1st person stories, but I really enjoyed this one. I liked that back-and-forth - very fun. goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#13602 06/30/04 01:21 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#13603 06/30/04 04:09 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice!!

This had me lol ...
I was dancing, listening to music, and figuring out Clark was Superman. That’s pretty complex. It involves both the right and left sides of the brain. Fortunately for me, I am excellent at multitasking
She is too much!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#13604 07/01/04 01:48 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
blush Thanks everyone for the great response!! I'm definitely thinking about writing a second part...

Laura, good point on Dr. Klein. And Pam, you're absolutely right about the wording ('brave' vs. 'scared'). I will make a few changes before I send this to the archive!

Jill, it's hard to know WHO to believe about the wine and other his-vs.-hers discrepancies. But I'd say your inclination to believe Clark is a pretty good one (in most cases)! wink

Thanks again for reading, everyone!

--Wanda :p

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard