Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Disclaimer: This post is supposed to be an homage to Corrina's brilliant work on Trusting Me, Trusting You. If I have crossed some unwritten (or written) MB line, please forgive me, I did not mean so. If that is the case, please send Goo or LabRat to slap my metaphorical face and/or kick my metaphorical butt and I'll go crawl into the corner and cower under the green glow of the rods until the last word of the 'long epilogue' is posted. If I have done this, I apologize.

That being said...

My challenge is this:

Corrina - Lady Hawk - has won the lottery and decides to leave the bitter cold winter of Australia on an impromptu two week vacation to Hawaii to research her latest Nfic entitled Lois's and Clark's Extended Honeymoon in Hawaii. Unfortunately, she forgets to post Part 21 before she leaves...

How would you - oh, one-hundred fifty readers of this fic - reunite Lois, Clark, and Martha? Or how do you think Corrina will reunite them upon her return?

I thought since we had twenty-four to forty-eight hours before Part 21 was posted (and another 24-48 hours before she starts posting her epilogue -- who knows how many parts a 'long epilogue' will be)... this might be a good way to fill our time instead of constantly hitting the 'refresh' button.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Disclaimer: These characters and plot belong to Corrina and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and I am only borrowing them for this post.

This is how I picture Corinna reuniting everyone in Part 21:

Evan and Martha got out of the car. Martha looked around. Her home. The farmhouse. The barn. Things look a bit overgrown, but well cared for, none-the-less. She felt a familiar tug at her heart as her mind drifted to thoughts of her husband. How she wished Jonathan was here at her side for this moment.

It was quiet, too quiet.

"Clark?" Martha whispered, knowing he would hear her if he was there. But he doesn't appear. Was he not at home? She saw the other car parked in front of the farmhouse and knew someone was there.

The two of them entered the house -- it was unlocked. She heard sobbing coming from upstairs. Leaving Evan downstairs in the kitchen, Martha headed up to the bedroom where she finds a dark haired woman crying uncontrollably on the bed. She held Clark's baby blanket tightly in her arms.

The woman noticed her and mumbled, "He found the globe. Remembers everything. The cell. The torture. He left. Never coming back." Then she continued to cry, unable to say more.

So this woman must be Clark's wife -- Lois. Martha pressed her lips together and stomped back down the stairs and out onto the porch. She pounded her foot on the boards, sorely in need of a fresh coat of paint.

"Clark Jerome Kent!" she yelled. "You get your butt back to this farm this instant! I taught you better to treat any woman you love better than this."

Martha waited one moment, then two. "I'm counting to five, young man. If you aren't here..."

In a roar of wind and a blur of movement that could only announce her son's arrival, Clark suddenly stood in front of her. "Mom."

"Don't you Mom me, buster." Martha pointed inside. "Go upstairs and apologize to you wife this moment."

"Moooom!" Clark whined as he used to when he didn't want to do something as a child.

"Do not make me repeat myself. I taught you better than that," Martha replied, continuing to point inside.

A smile danced on Clark's lips. "I missed you, Mom." He reached to hug her, but Martha only allowed a quick embrace before stepping back.

"There will be plenty of time for greetings, Clark. Lois needs you."

Clark nodded and bowed his head as he walked into the house.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... let's see. This won't be a story. More like a couple of words...

Martha meets Lois in Smallville. Clark isn't showing up again. And they don't really have a way to find him. Short of staging a very public and televised hostage situation with Lois in the middle. A few weeks later, Lois finds herself pregnant. Still no sign of Clark. She starts writing her novel. And then another. 18 years later a new Superhero takes to the sky. Some time later Clark shows up, telling her he was a tad stupid.

So, do I pass? clap That's a good one, Virginia!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL you two. I think Corrina worked out the ending perfectly. The only thing I would have changed is: I would have filled the nfic folder every time they made love with Corrina's amazing nfic writing. Sigh... Oh well, I can dream can't I? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Virginia

Thanks for your speculation on the ending. Actually, your version was close to my original thoughts - I was going to have Martha arrive in the *middle* of Clark's argument with Lois. Then, I figured that if Martha heard him say some of the things he said to Lois, she was going to give him a talking to.

But then I decided that, after all they'd been through, the Clark/Martha reunion couldn't involve Clark getting into trouble from his mom.

I found it interesting that you went with Martha's POV, and I thought it worked well.

I *really* liked the idea of the vacation to Hawaii!

Michael - is Clark *really* dumb enough to stay away for 18 years? And just the thought of writing a story that covers 18 years makes me tired!

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. smile

Corrina.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
is Clark *really* dumb enough to stay away for 18 years?
Clearly in Michael's version the New Kryptonians showed up and took Clark away with them.
18 years later a trade mission* brought back reports of the new superhero displaying the symbol of the house of El.

*Trade missions because New Krypton's population is that of a very small town. They pretend to be from a small African country. The small African country benefits from being the gateway. Clark had to set up trade missions or the New Kryptonians would have ended up invading Earth to get the things they need.

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard