Print Thread
#131519 02/20/07 07:03 PM
V
vsp Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
V
Ok, somehow I just got this idea in my head. Perhaps someone has already written a fic like this, I dunno.

What if Lois was interested in Clark straight from the start - perhaps a little because of his good looks but mostly because of his being an all around nice, idealist kind of guy.

Also, when Superman shows up, Lois reacts in a hoped for way - he seems like an OK guy, but she doesn't know him that well, and besides, he's way out of her league anyways.

So things are progressing along pretty well for them for a long time, but then here's where things get complicated! They take a big step forward in their relationship, (maybe Clark proposes and Lois accepts or something like that) and so Clark reveals that he is Superman, thinking that she'll be delighted - the fantasy that she thought was out of reach would suddenly be hers!

Only, it turns out that while Lois has outwardly been praising Superman and basically treating him like everyone else treats him, inwardly she's *despised* him the whole time! (maybe considers him arrogant, overbearing, or what have you) And then things get really complicated. Maybe even throw in an aversion to interspecies relationships for her, too.

I think I read something similar along these lines, although it was a bit more moderate than what I'm thinking. I kind of remember a story like this where Lois despised Superman and liked Clark, except that she made no secret of it. Also, she and Clark hadn't progressed that anywhere near as far in their relationship when she found out that he was Superman. (she found out without him telling her, too)

Merriwether
Merriwether
I think the one you're thinking of is Strange Visitor from the Congo by Wendy Richards. Haven't actually read it but it fits the description.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard