Next Thread
Print Thread
#13123 06/06/04 11:03 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bringing down Luthor before he does something awful? Can't happen, can it? wink

But that wasn't going to happen, and he knew it. He and Lois were friends, and that was the way it was going to stay. It was safer that way.
Argh. wildguy

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
WEll one day it will happen...their attraction for each other will just BUBBLE UP and be larger than life and they will kiss hungrily.....and realize that this is what they both want........

I don't want Luthor to be able to hit on Lois....
Clark should be at the interview with her...

MORE PLEASE

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

More ASAP, please.

MAF smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good segment Wendy. The A plot is going along nicely and I feel the B plot just bubbling under the surface. I can't wait to see what happens next! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent Wendy!

Our favorite team is ready to nail Luthor! Yes!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the B-plot is continuing to build. I like that touch about rookie Henderson and runaway Lane girls; that makes a lot of sense and is a cool bit of backstory to add depth to this universe.

But, um, are we going to get around to any action anytime soon? goofy Far be it from me to complain about introspection, but... wink This story's going at a fairly leisurely pace so far, and could do with an increase of speed smile

PJ the Impatient

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well. Where do I start? Logjam in brain...

From part 4, which I didn't get to until late, the whole traumatized by Trask thing. I really, really like that angle. And I don't remember seeing that before. The idea that the garbage Trask spewed would climb into his head and trouble him, stay with him...Ok. I can totally buy that.

And from part 5, I really like the backstory with Henderson. A creative and clever little twist which feels new.

That said...Oh,Wendy. Seriously. What are you doing?

There is just so, so, so much thinking. Big, long paragraphs of it!

And I'm not knocking thoughtful, complex characters. That's good...just man. Man! Pam said when are we going get some action. And I'm just thinking I'd kill for a bit of dialogue. Ok, more than a bit. A big,fat chunk.

And then, that they are so careful, both so obviously perfect for each other, but so full of fear at admitting their feelings...it kind of drives me crazy. And the fact that it drives me crazy makes me feel...a little crazy, because I KNOW, Wendy. I know full well- you're doing that on purpose!

Darn you! I can't decide if I just hate this fic. Or if I just hate how you're teasing me with it.

And I know that's a backhanded compliment. But it is a compliment.

Last little thing: the tiny bit of dialogue in this part included the "when did someone tell little Lois Lane she was loved?" And, I have to say, that was a sucker punch to the heart. whinging

Still not completely happy with you, though.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Kerth
Kerth
Wo-a! eek

Two words: Im-pressive wink

The flashback at Lois' childhood was fantastic with the Henderson reference thumbsup

And the thoughts that Lois is putting in the Luthor issue smile

Jose (who hopes that Lois tell soon Clark about the interview wink )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa, nice Luthor synopsis, really indepth, you hit a lot of points there that really make a ton of sense, and I'm glad it's *Lois* that's thinking it all out not Clark explaining it to her. Rather her going into her interview with Lex all impressed and glamoured out by him, she's going to be looking for faults now, objectively nitpicking I think. Well done, Wendy.

And yeah, the back story was cute and sweet, ouchies even. You got me going "poor Lois" *weep*.

Okay looking to see what comes next!

TEEEEEJ

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Great part thumbsup

The story of Lois' childhood is sooo sad whinging but very well written and somehow beautiful (does that make any sense???).

I'd say, let's go nail Luthor and and then... um... then let's get them over those weird ideas why they can't be together. This is just so frustrating. dizzy

More soon, please

Julia smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, more instrospection... surprise!

Some good background presented here, but we are in danger of treading water if we can't get into some good old wham action soon. Since this fic is going to be a long one we know that the relationship is going to develop slowly and will need some 'outside' pushes to force it out into the open. That means WHAMS!

Lots of nasty, evil whams. The more the better.

Oh, and if you can see your way clear... get Lois a haircut wink

Tank (who is sitting here listening to his new Corrs CD secure in the knowledge that he has his Corrs concert tickets and a hotel reservation... all he has to do is survive until the concert)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm getting the impression that people want things to happen. wink Yes, this is - so far - a fairly slow-moving story with rather a lot of atmosphere-setting and character development, which may be a mistake on my part. The difficulty I have with this stuff is that the 'catalyst WHAM' to make them become friends has already happened, so that's just backstory. However, things do start to happen reasonably soon - I don't know whether you'll consider the next section or two as 'things starting to happen', but there are some quite major developments coming up. goofy I hope that will satisfy people.

(CC, you're a very tough audience! eek )

I am very glad, though, that Lois's story touched some of you - and that a couple of people specifically enjoyed the Henderson connection. smile

I don't have time for a detailed response right now, I'm afraid; I'm about to go off again on one of my business trips away. This time I won't be back until next Wednesday, and so while I will do my utmost to fit in a new part before I leave, there won't be another part for a week after that. Sorry, but I have no internet access while in Dublin.

Thanks again to all who posted comments!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard