Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128728 05/11/04 09:32 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, since Roger didn't make a comments folder, that means I get to do it! Yay!

BTW, I've also updated the TOC . In doing so, I discovered that part 10 is topic # 234. Cool.

Anyway, great part, Roger!

Poor Clark. I thought things were pretty bad for him at the end of the last part, but you managed to make it worse.

On the other hand, we did get that great bit with Lex's new bride calling him "Clark." Hee hee.

I was surprised that Lois didn't think of getting an annulment or a divorce or something. Maybe she was still a little muddle-headed from the drug. I should think, though, that she'd have realized that a marriage preformed while under the influence would not hold much legal weight.

Of course, Lex himself does hold quite a bit of legal weight... Not to mention that filing the paperwork for annulmet probably would have set off all sorts of alarms with Lex's staff.

I did stop to wonder if Lois would call the Kents, but it would be a rather awkward conversation.

Great job with the characterizations. Lex is suitably evil, Clark is suitably despairing, and Lois is, well... Lois.

Looking forward to seeing what goes down in Kansas. L&C have a lot of talking to do, and Lex has a lot of slow painful dying to do.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Poor Lex... :p , not that the readers are going to complain wink

Expecting eagerly the resolution, Roger! hyper

Jose cool

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roger

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Roger, good instalment.

I can see how this is shaping up.

Clark has regained his powers so he flys out to Smallville to try to get his parents out of harms way only to find that Lex got there first and his parents have been brutally murdered by Luthor. Having nothing left to live for, Clark flys off to spend the rest of his days in the Artic.

Meanwhile, Lois finally makes it to Smallville only to find Lex waiting for her at the Kent homestead. Lois is horrified by what Lex has done and comes up with a plan to exact revenge. She cooks for Lex!

After dispatching Luthor, Lois, lost in depression over the turn her life has taken wanders into the chicken coop. The poor chickens who haven't been fed in days. Let's just say that the end of Lois Lane is not pretty.

Looks like the only one who gets to live happily ever after is Mrs. Cox.

Tank (who is amazed at Roger's clever wrap up of this story)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geez Tank, you always hurt the ones you love?

Even if Lois does an Elvis Impersonator, she's gonna need ID to claim her ticket. Lex'll find her.

ERRRK, poor Clark. Some days he should just throw Lex in a cement mixer.

TEEEEJ
Testing new signature. Doug, Doug, we hardly knew ye.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank,

You are scaring me. eek

MAF frown

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank,

As much as I love you, I'm glad you're not writing this last chapter. laugh

OK, Roger, please show us some more of your winning ways! hyper

Top Banana
Top Banana
Dual post - sorry.

Merriwether
Merriwether
goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks all for your responses!

Paul wrote:

Poor Clark. I thought things were pretty bad for him at the end of the last part, but you managed to make it worse.
I couldn't resist. Sometimes it's more enjoyable to dig a hole for them than to get them out.

I was surprised that Lois didn't think of getting an annulment or a divorce or something. Maybe she was still a little muddle-headed from the drug. I should think, though, that she'd have realized that a marriage preformed while under the influence would not hold much legal weight.
At the moment, Lois is thinking about getting away from Lex. Legal maneuvers take months, if not years sometimes. The scope Lois is thinking of is in terms of hours. She needs to escape to plan her next move, and she thinks the only person who can help her is Clark. But who knows what might happen?

Tricia wrote:

Lex's characterization is spot on. He's so evil.
Thank you very much. I actually find Lex very difficult to write because I have a tendency to go too far sometimes. Lois is easiest for me to write, followed by Clark.

Tank wrote:

I can see how this is shaping up.
Have you been peeking at my hard drive again? How did you know what I was planning? Now I have to go and rewrite it. Darn. <bg>

TEEEEJ (is that enough E's?) wrote:
Even if Lois does an Elvis Impersonator, she's gonna need ID to claim her ticket. Lex'll find her.
Only if one of his men happen to see her ID, so that's very unlikely since they couldn't possibly cover every flight out of Las Vegas. McCarran is an enormous airport. They could do a computer search, but by the time they figure it out, she'd be long gone.

ERRRK, poor Clark. Some days he should just throw Lex in a cement mixer.
Rats! Now I have to go rewrite it again. I must be getting too predictable. evil

Thanks to Paul, Jose, Maria, Tricia, Tank, TEEEEEEJ, ethnica, and Rivka for your comments.

Part 11 is coming up in a few minutes.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard